DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I think it's cool that Big Show is doing "Bryan's thing".

Just as I think that it is great for Bryan that Hunter putted him at the level of Jericho and Edge. I don't see Bryan as a top guy anyway, I'm fine with him "just" having great matches and being a fan favorite.

The reason that it bugs me, is that Bryan came up with something to get himself over, but the company is ok with letting the guy that they actually want to push take it as his own.  When AJ did it, it was because she was in an angle with Bryan and antagonizing him with it.  It's not the same.

I think it's cool that Big Show is doing "Bryan's thing".

Just as I think that it is great for Bryan that Hunter putted him at the level of Jericho and Edge. I don't see Bryan as a top guy anyway, I'm fine with him "just" having great matches and being a fan favorite.

The reason that it bugs me, is that Bryan came up with something to get himself over, but the company is ok with letting the guy that they actually want to push take it as his own.  When AJ did it, it was because she was in an angle with Bryan and antagonizing him with it.  It's not the same.

Yeah Big Show is actually good. 

Oh please. "Yes" was a word before DB and it will be a word after DB.

Because lots of guys were shouting it while pointing to the sky before, right?

Hell, that has been the go to celebration for mindless hot valets since the dawn of mindless hot women.

I get most of the internet loves DB and his hairy ball sack and all as much as Brie Bella; but if people would've spent money on the guy instead of bitching at every chance, he would probably be the guy facing Orton in a few weeks.

• Like 1

It kind of seems like this was the long term plan all along anyway, so I doubt if all of us "nuthuggers" of his buying the PPVs he was on would have changed much. Besides, I, personally, was getting tired of seeing Bryan/Orton every month anyway. Much rather him and Punk be in a program I care about, against the Wyatts, instead of rehashing that old match-up again and again with the same result (most of the time).

I don't even hate Big Show, or him using Bryan's catchphrase/mannerisms, because plenty of other wrestlers do it as well. But, uh, aren't the ratings continuing to dip with Orton and Show on top?

EDIT: My mistake Vic! Now you know how I feel about Mark Henry and his fans ;)

Bryan got to main event four (or was it five thousand I have lost all sense of time) pay per views in a row. He beat John Cena clean and dominated Orton. 

There are a ton of guys who would kill to be in Bryan's shoes. I mean who would have imagined this in 2003, when he was stinking up Velocity with Jamie Noble, working a two hour chinlock?

• Like 1

It's the same thing with a lot of the current main roster. Rollins, Cesaro, Punk, Ambrose, etc. If you're an indy fan, and your favorite is in a (relatively) good position on the show(s), you can't really complain all that much. Luckily for me, I've only been exposed to the guys through WWE, so it's all new to me, and I'm just enjoying the ride. I can see how it'd get annoying, listening to people for years champion someone like Bryan and then bitch when he's shoved out of the title picture or a main storyline.

It's all part of a subtle angle which will lead to Show-Bryan at Wrestlemania.

You know I do like to break everybody's balls around here, but I do actually think this will happen. I mean let's face it, Big Show isn't going to win the WWE Title. So what's the natural thing that happens to Big Show when he fails to win a Title? Turn heel, and blame a lower top star for his problems, of course. And Bryan Vs. Big Show is a great undercard match for the Rumble.

• Like 1

I just want to know why DB's fans are so damn cynical of his success. There's always a "but" attached to whatever the WWE decides to do with the guy:

- They tried to build him as the underdog on NXT, BUT he lost every match!

- They brought him back after the tie thingy, BUT Nexus died when he got fired!

- He was having killer matches every week, BUT that damn Sheamus squashed him like a damn bug and those damn Bellas!

- He won MITB, BUT why is he losing to Wade Barrett!

- He won the title, BUT Big Show and Mark Henry!

- He got the most attention at WM for jobbing, BUT Sheamus squashed him again!

- They had him, CM Punk and AJ do some shit for months, BUT why does a woman have to get involved!

- Kane reinvented DB, BUT Kane!

- He got over as the most guy in front of a live crowd, BUT he probably jobbed again at some point!

- He cleanly pinned Cena and Orton, BUT HHH!

- He is teaming with Punk, BUT he ain't in the main event anymore!

Not bad for someone the internet thinks the WWE has a thing against. How many guys would shank an anonymous hobo for that much give?

• Like 7