DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

If Main Event was an hour of Cruiser and tag wrestling it'd be my favorite hour of wrestling of television. I miss WWE having a Mid Card.

You would think they would bring back the damn Cruiserweight title with all the shows they have. But the WWE has this stupid mindset that lower card matches should not outshine the main event. They bring back the Cruiserweight title and I would give it two or three weeks before all the news reports about "unnamed wwe stars being upset about the cruiserweights stealing their heat".

It would be nice though to see a whole bunch of Cruiserweight guys attack Hornswoggle for killing the division and take back the title belt.

I've always thought that the way they should bring the cruiserweight title back is for HHH to be a condescending dick to Daniel Bryan and tell him that, while he is not suitable for the main event scene, he would be the perfect guy to rebuild a cruiserweight division around, beginning with a match against the last champion for the new title.

He already did something like that, suggesting Bryan would be good if he brought back either the Cruiserweight or European Title.

If Main Event was an hour of Cruiser and tag wrestling it'd be my favorite hour of wrestling of television. I miss WWE having a Mid Card.

You would think they would bring back the damn Cruiserweight title with all the shows they have. But the WWE has this stupid mindset that lower card matches should not outshine the main event. They bring back the Cruiserweight title and I would give it two or three weeks before all the news reports about "unnamed wwe stars being upset about the cruiserweights stealing their heat".

It would be nice though to see a whole bunch of Cruiserweight guys attack Hornswoggle for killing the division and take back the title belt.

I've always thought that the way they should bring the cruiserweight title back is for HHH to be a condescending dick to Daniel Bryan and tell him that, while he is not suitable for the main event scene, he would be the perfect guy to rebuild a cruiserweight division around, beginning with a match against the last champion for the new title.

He already did something like that, suggesting Bryan would be good if he brought back either the Cruiserweight or European Title.

But he never actually put him in a match with Hornswoggle.

That'd be cool actually Bryan vs Hornswoggle for the Cruiser title Bryan winning reviving the division and start an angle where he works his way bacjk up the ranks to eventually winning the WWE Championship for reals this time at next years Summer Slam.

They wont do it but they could revive the crusier division now and I think it'd get over shit they have a bunch of guys Bourne JTG Tatsu Kidd Hawkins even Kingston and Fandago would benefit fromit but they will never do it. I also think hey should make Otunga and Ryan a Powers of Pain type powerhouse tag team.

I've had the same thought, except with Ryan and Big Zeke as the powerhouse team. Then again, I waste far too much time thinking up tag combos I'd like to see in the WWE. I've also favoured Ryan and Justin Gabriel in a little-and-large team purely because they've got the same haircut.

JTG and Hawkins should be put together as a jobber team so someone other than 3MB can lose to Los Matadores

I like those combinations. Always liked the brief Mason Ryan/Alex Riley team on Superstars a couple times two years ago. Always enjoyed Mason's brief push towards the US title before he got tossed aside for Ryder. Wouldn't mind any of those tag combos to get him back on TV, a powerhouse team like that would fit in well with the solid amount of teams in WWE now.

I think it's cool that Big Show is doing "Bryan's thing".

Just as I think that it is great for Bryan that Hunter putted him at the level of Jericho and Edge. I don't see Bryan as a top guy anyway, I'm fine with him "just" having great matches and being a fan favorite.

Watching the first four months of Nitro 99 does my head in.

Everyone is ostensibly a tweener only by virtue of no turns really being put over as being a big deal.

DDP has just won the title, put Hogan out on PPV, started cutting heel promos on the fans, and so his first title defence is against the only top guy on the roster who is clearly a heel in Scott Steiner.

They should have hotshotted the title onto Steiner here, and then had DDP do a tantrum ala Bret after the Sid cage match. Admittedly, he got injured not long after, but DDP's reign amounted to not much else, and it probably provides better closure to the NWO should Nash end up getting the title shot anyway.

I think it's cool that Big Show is doing "Bryan's thing".

Just as I think that it is great for Bryan that Hunter putted him at the level of Jericho and Edge. I don't see Bryan as a top guy anyway, I'm fine with him "just" having great matches and being a fan favorite.

The reason that it bugs me, is that Bryan came up with something to get himself over, but the company is ok with letting the guy that they actually want to push take it as his own.  When AJ did it, it was because she was in an angle with Bryan and antagonizing him with it.  It's not the same.