DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Can someone help me out remembering something? A friend and I were talking about attitude era PPVs today. That led to us talking about the opening videos and I remembered really liking one from the Austin vs McMahon feud but for the life of me I can't remember which PPV it was. It kept saying "You must conform" and called the WWF "Mr. McMahon's Utopia". I've tried a google search but no luck.

Can someone help me out remembering something? A friend and I were talking about attitude era PPVs today. That led to us talking about the opening videos and I remembered really liking one from the Austin vs McMahon feud but for the life of me I can't remember which PPV it was. It kept saying "You must conform" and called the WWF "Mr. McMahon's Utopia". I've tried a google search but no luck.

Over The Edge 98

Over The Edge 98

That's it. Thanks. Been bugging me all day.

For those that don't remember it, here's a reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBXEwnLVv-U

I stopped to think about this and I can't name a single clean job by Ultimate Warrior once he became the Ultimate Warrior.  I gotta be missing at least a couple somewhere, right?

Only thing I could dig up on the Net, courtesy of Wikipedia

In early 1988 Warrior entered into his first real WWF feud, with fellow strongman Hercules Hernandez. The two faced off on the February 7, 1988 airing of Wrestling Challenge, where Hercules was disqualified for using his steel chain. Warrior then grabbed a hold of the chain and in the midst of a tug of war over it, snapped it.[18] This led to a match at WrestleMania IV, where Warrior was victorious in his pay-per-view debut.[18] However, the Warrior did suffer two pinfall losses shortly thereafter: a clean pinfall loss to André the Giant in April in Italy, and another to Dino Bravo in Montreal in June (although Bravo had his feet on the ropes for leverage).

Pretty sad if this is true. I also have to question the sanity of anyone sending their rent money to a pro wrestler.

http://www.tpww.net/2013/11/exclusive-ddpjake-robertsscott-hall-screw-over-fans/

As with any Indiegogo campaign, fans who donate money are given “perks” that the owner of the page sets up. Some of the “perks” for Scott and Jake’s campaigns included a signed 8×10 photo, a personal phone call, an autographed t-shirt, a Skype video call, etc. The “perk” varied depending on the amount of money the fan would donate.

Over the past several months, we have received numerous emails from fans who donated money asking us if we had heard anything about why they hadn’t received those “perks.” For the most part, we chose to ignore those emails figuring that the guys were simply behind and the fans would eventually get what they rightfully deserved sooner than later. As the weeks went on, we continued to receive more and more emails from fans who indicated they still hadn’t received their t-shirts, phone calls, Skype calls, etc.

Fast forward to today where we were sent the following email from “ElCastillo23″:

Ryan, first of all BIG FAN. Keep up the good work. Anyway I wanted to tell you, I’ve waited MONTHS for my supposed Skype call, or even a phone call from either one of Jake or Scott, as combined I sent these two over $300 and I worked VERY hard for that money and even missed rent once just so I could help them, and get a call or shout out. However, I’ve sent them both a lot of messages on Twitter and there has been absolutely no reply from Jake. I sent one to Scott guess what he replied? “You didn’t send shit I got the list and I called everyone and sent them the autographs don’t be talking shit mother f*cker” YES, HE TWEETED ME THAT. This is all because I sent him “Scott you’re a fake, I sent you over $100 and you can’t give me the promised call or an autograph?” I honestly don’t think it’s fair that us fans care for the wrestlers and help them out only for them to screw us over. I work very hard for my money, to go to college, pay my bills, and I gave them both money. I NEEDED just to help them out… and this is how they repay me? Also, I’ve recently been checking what’s been going on with them on Twitter and Youtube since they screwed me over and what do you know – A LOT of other fans didn’t get their calls/photos/etc. Check his Twitter replies, you’ll see mine and some of his other replies (of Scott).. It’s messed up…. the fans made him over $100,000 and this is how we are repaid?

You mean to tell me that people who gave money to 2 unemployed drug addicts didn't receive any form of repayment?Well, you could knock me down with a feather I'm so shocked.

They gave money to a guy who once crashed a wedding reception with a zombie and gave the bride a cobra and another guy who used to routinely spray paint people after giving them savage beatings and once used a cattle prod on another wrestler.

• Like 2

With Bray Wyatt seemingly dropping "Follow the buzzards" (which I loved) for "The devil made me do it," is that leading to a program with Taker, possibly at Wrestlemania?

It turns out that Vince sold his soul in exchange for success.  However, he only specified the wrestling business, which is why the XFL failed.  The Undertaker will return to collect Vince's soul.  He has sent the Wyatts.  He has forced Kane to be installed as director of operations.  Eventually, Taker himself will show up.  Somehow, this will lead to a match where Vince's soul will be on the line...Undertaker vs Vince or a champion of his choosing.  Vince goes around, begging people to fight for him.  We get footage of his visits to people such as the Rock and Steve Austin, who turn him down after humiliating him.

Will Vince find a champion, who will not only save his soul but end the streak?  Will Vince pick a champion, then turn on him, proclaiming that the joke is on the devil because Vince never had a soul to begin with?

• Like 1