DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Re: Barrett, I honestly always thought that he should steal as directly from Dudley in Street Fighter 3 as he possibly could - take most of the moveset, maybe do a rising European uppercut as a finisher. 

Heck, even steal some taunts from that character. Every time he beats a dude, he throws a single rose on him and calls him "gutter trash."

• Like 1

I think TNA's biggest legacy will be the Blackhole Slam. They did not invent it but that name has managed to stick to the point JR would call it the Blackhole Slam on Raw. 

Given the choice between that and "Bubba Slam," it's really no contest.

I think TNA's biggest legacy will be the Blackhole Slam. They did not invent it but that name has managed to stick to the point JR would call it the Blackhole Slam on Raw. 

"Bossman Slam" isn't a terrible name, though.

Re: Barrett, I could watch him murder people with the Bull Hammer Elbow all day. Especially when he pulls it out of nowhere or he sets it up by pulling them up by the face. Such an awesome finish. I love stuff like that, that doesn't look pretty, but just looks smashmouth. That elbow looks like you'd need dental surgery after. That and the Knee Trembler are two of my favorite finishes ever, both are way better than the WMD, which barely looks like a punch, let alone a knock out

• Like 2

"Bossman Slam" isn't a terrible name, though.

It is when someone other than the Bossman does it.

I've said it before, but Wade Barrett's biggest problem is that he really hasn't gotten a lot better since 2011. I mean, he was pretty good right out of the gate in NXT/Nexus, so he's far from bad, but a bunch of other guys have passed him over the last couple years. In 2010, being just above average was good enough for a somewhat interesting main event push. At the end of 2013, being just above average is the new being a bland midcarder with no future prospects. I don't think anyone could make the case that Wade is a top 10 guy right now, and top 15 might even be pushing it. Where does that leave him except midcard hell?

I agree his best hope is a face turn in an APA type brawling tag team. If the Wyatts get out of the Punk/Bryan program with some credibility left, that could be a good program for Wade/Partner. I think Sheamus might actually be the best choice for that spot.

All of what I said about WWE not needing Hero set aside, though, TNA should absolutely be burning up his phone today trying to sign him.  Bring him in and have him go to war with Samoa Joe as Chris Hero.  It might inspire Joe and if nothing else Hero will gain instant credibility of being able to go toe-to-toe with him.

• Like 1

Maybe Ohno got released because WWE realized Kassius Ohno is a pretty lame name and wanted him to sign over the rights to Chris Hero. Especially if they lurk here and saw the discussion of the lack of real heroes in wrestling.

Random factoid. "Chris Hero" is the google search term that brings the most traffic to my blog by a large margin. And despite me having maybe one post out of a couple hundred that even mentions his name.

Top 3

1. Chris Hero - 1745

2. Antonio Inoki - 565

3. man balls - 113

• Like 3

Re: Barrett, I could watch him murder people with the Bull Hammer Elbow all day. Especially when he pulls it out of nowhere or he sets it up by pulling them up by the face. Such an awesome finish. I love stuff like that, that doesn't look pretty, but just looks smashmouth. That elbow looks like you'd need dental surgery after. That and the Knee Trembler are two of my favorite finishes ever, both are way better than the WMD, which barely looks like a punch, let alone a knock out

1. I think Brie does the knee thing her matches now.2. Da hale? WMD doesn't look like it will knock a fucker out? His fist is bigger than most heads.

I look at someone like Dean Ambrose who wasn't a gym rat but worked on his physique so he looked like he belonged next to his partners. I can't imagine why anyone would not try harder than Ohno did to make it onto the main roster. Punk looked terrible when he bulked up but at least he showed he wanted the opportunity. I know it's not all wine & roses being a pro wrestler but it definitely beats my job.