DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

What he did to Sid at Rumble '92 was out of line, man. Is that sportsmanship becoming of a hero?

Also, Hogan was TOTALLY macking on Savage's woman. I thought so when I was five, and I still think so now. He was way out of line.
Oh totally. He's a complete shit.

A couple more observations from the Mid-South dvd

1. Heels attempting to call timeout to stem the onslaught of the babyfaces needs to come back

2. We're way overdue for another tar and feathering or painting a yellow stripe down someone's back angle

• Like 1

Dusty will always have my commentary love for thinking La Parka was a ghost.

What proof do you have that La Parka isn't a ghost?

1. Heels attempting to call timeout to stem the onslaught of the babyfaces needs to come back

I used to do this. I would bail after the baby got his shine, and then walk about halfway around the ring. When the ref started to count, I would make a "T" with my hands and call a time out. When the ref denied me the TO and the fans started to give me shit for asking, I would then look at the ref and tap my shoulders, and say "I only need a 20"... Which really seemed to piss folks off.
  • Like 1

I used to do this. I would bail after the baby got his shine, and then walk about halfway around the ring. When the ref started to count, I would make a "T" with my hands and call a time out. When the ref denied me the TO and the fans started to give me shit for asking, I would then look at the ref and tap my shoulders, and say "I only need a 20"... Which really seemed to piss folks off.

Kudos. Also, please tell me that after pulling off a clever move on a face, that you used to tap your head to show how smart you were. I always got a kick out of that.

Can someone link me to the dudes site who is making those AWESOME Capcom style super move gifs?

http://wrestlingwithtext.com/

He's only made the two, though.

Actually there's 4 :)

The other two are older:

http://wrestlingwithtext.com/dUyhb

http://wrestlingwithtext.com/ObrOQ

Edit: And the new ones for the lazy:

http://wrestlingwithtext.com/xkKXsrt

http://wrestlingwithtext.com/yjKitoA

• Like 1

What he did to Sid at Rumble '92 was out of line, man. Is that sportsmanship becoming of a hero?

Also, Hogan was TOTALLY macking on Savage's woman. 

I thought so when I was five, and I still think so now. He was way out of line. 

If Hulk wanted Liz, he would have taken her. Now Bill Apter put across the theory that Hogan was using Liz to provoke Savage into attacking him. So when Hogan took his title back, he could claim self defense. 

Kudos. Also, please tell me that after pulling off a clever move on a face, that you used to tap your head to show how smart you were. I always got a kick out of that.

Damien Sandow is the perfect guy to do both of those.

1. I thought Ross' commentary on the Mid South DVD matches was fantastic. Usually when WWE adds in new commentary it's guys "looking back". Ross pretending he was calling it live was great stuff, I loved it. Shit, he WAS there at the time.

2. Hogan treating bad guys like they deserve to be treated was awesome. That's why he was so cool, at least up to around 88-89ish. The bad guys could fuck with lots of folks but not Hulk Hogan, who'd throw it back in their face. I always thought of it as: Hogan had been a heel for years. When he turned face in AWA he took on the mission of showing bad guys that he can use those tactics to defeat them and their evil ways. When did this whole "All heroes should be Prince Charming/ Paladins" thing happen? Good guys have always cheated to throw it back in the face of the bad guys. Especially in the WWWF/ WWF. When a good guy tag team does the whole "switch while the ref isn't looking" deal it's awesome and it's them giving the bad guys a taste of their own medicine.

• Like 1

So it was ok for Hogan to physically assault Sherri time and again, or maul Slick for a simple leg trip?

Yep

So we're saying that a back rake from Sherri is equal to him crushing a woman's tailbone with an atomic drop.

A back rake from Sherri is worth Hogan giving her a big boot and a leg drop.  He just went easy on her.

I like how it's only the adults who think of the real life moral consequences of a fake tv show that included some asshole running around in checkerboard/rainbow tassels who happened to wear sunglasses in a dark arena while getting bugged eye towards anyone who looked at his woman..

His woman that didn't say much about anything, which is really what makes the show fake.

• Like 1

So it was ok for Hogan to physically assault Sherri time and again, or maul Slick for a simple leg trip?

Yep

So we're saying that a back rake from Sherri is equal to him crushing a woman's tailbone with an atomic drop.

Considering that it was meant to help Randy Savage assault him, it is. 

I like how it's only the adults who think of the real life moral consequences of a fake tv show that included some asshole running around in checkerboard/rainbow tassels who happened to wear sunglasses in a dark arena while getting bugged eye towards anyone who looked at his woman..

His woman that didn't say much about anything, which is really what makes the show fake.

On the wrong forum. 

Prolly. But I don't get the point in trying to argue logic in pro wrestling. The logic has always been baffling if you really think about it.

Unless you are wrestling a bear. Then everyone is happy.

If only a wrestling bear could do a missile dropkick...

*sigh*

Batten down the hatches - from this weeks Observer

Davey Richards was in Preston, England, on 10/31 as part of several weeks overseas and doing seminars in the country on a tour that ended on 11/1. After his match, he thanked the U.K. fans for their support. He said that whenever he's felt like quitting pro wrestling, he comes to the U.K. and rediscovers his passion for wrestling. He said that the U.K. fans had saved his life. He then said there has been a lot of speculation about where he and Eddie (never saying Edwards) will be going next and which promotion. He said that for legal reasons, he can't talk about it, but if this is his last tour of the U.K., he said he had gone out on a high note. He said that wherever he and Eddie would wind up, there would be fireworks. He never said WWE, but clearly implied it.Right now everything involving Richards & Edwards (currently in Japan for Pro Wrestling NOAH's GHC singles tournament as the ROH rep) is secretive but what I do know is HHH's original decision was to turn both down, right to the point of saying on the subject that we don't hire guys like Davey Richards (both too big a name and they want unknowns that they can say they started and the size issue as well), who he knew. But there were people in the company who stood up to him on that one and told him he was wrong.I don't know exactly how this is going to work, but based on what Richards said and other things I've heard, they may get a foot in the door and being a tag team saved both of them because HHH is looking for tag teams. Both men's ROH contracts have expired although they may either be working on a short-term extension, or with no contract. I'm actually pretty sure it's the latter.They didn't sign new deals because they were hopeful of being picked up out of the last WWE training camp, where Edwards was apparently the standout in camp. This will all play out in some form rather quickly

Look into the videoscope and tell them!

• Like 1