DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK 12 (Turkey Week)

RIPPA

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Adam Schefter is reporting that the league is considering postponing the Steelers/Ravens again.

This may or may not be because - according to Mike Florio (who loves a good conspiracy) - the Ravens are threatening a Wildcat strike

Well its about time SOMEONE did. . .

• Like 1

The game between Pittsburgh and the WFT is being moved to Monday, so now this coming Monday will have a tripleheader.

• Cowboys at Ravens
  • Bills at 49ers (the originally scheduled Monday night game that will now be played in Arizona)
  • WFT at Steelers
Edited by Gonzo

This is probably a really stupid question but is playing a game on Wednesday considered a Week 12 or Week 13 game?   I guess it is considered week 12 since Pittsburgh vs Washington is still marked as a Week 13 game and I assume we aren't going to allow 2 "Week 13" games

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

This is probably a really stupid question but is playing a game on Wednesday considered a Week 12 or Week 13 game?   I guess it is considered week 12 since Pittsburgh vs Washington is still marked as a Week 13 game and I assume we aren't going to allow 2 "Week 13" games

Correct - it is still Week 12

For all intents and purposes the new NFL week starts every Thursday

6 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Ravens/Steelers will kickoff at 3:40 PM ET Wednesday.

Obviously that means the NFL fears AEW and NXT.

You joke but the real reason is just as silly

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Didn't see it mentioned, but for the time being it will be the Phoenix 49ers.  

I mentioned it but that was like 4 hours ago before all the chaos started

14 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

And OF COURSE that changed.  Per PFT:

The NFL has confirmed changes to its schedule for this week and next.

The Ravens-Steelers game, originally scheduled for Thanksgiving night and moved three times since, will kickoff at 3:40 p.m. ET on Wednesday. NBC will broadcast the game nationally.

That creates a domino effect with the Week 13 schedule.

The Cowboys-Ravens game, originally scheduled for this Thursday, has changed a second time. It now will kickoff Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 8:05 p.m. ET. FOX and NFL Network will broadcast that game nationally.

The Steelers game against the Washington Football Team, originally scheduled for Sunday, will move to Monday, Dec. 7 at 5 p.m. ET. The NFL will announce broadcast arrangements for that game at a later date.