DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK 12 (Turkey Week)

RIPPA

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Poor poor Craig Morton doing it in a Super Bowl

I promise I'm not saying this to mock you Phil, but I'm legit stunned to learn today that Kerry Collins didn't have the worst super bowl performance ever by any metric.

Here's something interesting about that list.  If you read the text above it, it says that the QB has to have a minimum 10 attempts for a QB rating to count.  Why do I bring that up?  Hinton's been stuck on 9 attempts since the first half, almost as if someone on the Broncos coaching staff knew about the minimum requirement...

Edit: Game's over and he did only have 9 pass attempts.  And the game looks like it only took around 2 hr 45 min...

Edited by dogwelder

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Daniel Jones hamstring injury is reportedly "pretty bad"

So for the moment - the NFC East is Washington's to lose and I am in hell

There is always next year!

So apparently the Lions fans have donated a ton of money to Deshaun Watson's charity in the last couple days.  I would like to think they are doing in the spirit of the holidays but I am assume this is there way of say "thanks for beating the crap out of us so bad that they fired 2 of the top positions" on the team

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

The best Bears QB of my lifetime is, indisputably, CFL hall of famer Henry Burris.

Thank goodness I'm a Packers fan.

When the zero passer rating thing was posted, why did I feel willing to bet $100,000 that Rex Grossman was on the list for a game in the same season the Bears went to the Super Bowl?

That would be my first guess other than one of the Cowboys QBs from the era twenty years ago where they couldn't throw it into the ocean they were so bad. It turns out Anthony Wright is on that list.

• Haha 1

My favorite part of the 0 rating list was St. Louis Cardinals QB Gary Keithley who not only had a 0 rating twice in 1973 he had it two weeks in a row.   That would never happen now even with the NFL giving complete losers like Nathan Peterman a ton of chance.  But in the 70's you basically have to suck it up with your backup QB.  It wasn't like you could go to another league like now. Unless you are going to the semi pro leagues.   There was no way you could put 4 QB on a roster 

The NFL announced the Saturday games for Week 16 (aka Christmas Week)

Tampa at Detroit (1 pm - NFL Network)

San Fran at Arizona (4:30 pm - Amazon Prime/Twitch)

Miami at Las Vegas (8:15 pm - NFL Network)

There is no Thursday game however Minnesota at New Orleans will be held on Christmas Day (which is Friday)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I believe this emoji is now appropriate ?

This is more of Clark getting snippy that no one else at ESPN, or any former QB talking heads won't dare speak ill of Brady.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

This is more of Clark getting snippy that no one else at ESPN, or any former QB talking heads won't dare speak ill of Brady.

Tony Romo was giving Brady all the benefit of the doubt yesterday,  this has to be what this is about.  They have Brady more weapons than pretty much everybody in the entire league and he hasn't been able to use them effectively... except he's Tom Brady.  

• Like 1

Yeah the worst example was the one interception where he completely blamed Lee Evans on it.  Basically if Evans would have turn just a second quicker that awful pass into double coverage would have been fine 

EDIT:  Or Mike Evans not the one that averaged about a catch a game if lucky ?

Edited by hammerva

13 hours ago, Death From Above said:

The best Bears QB of my lifetime is, indisputably, CFL hall of famer Henry Burris.

He's the reason I rooted against EVERY CFL team he played for once I took an interest in the CFL (primarily Calgary and Ottawa). IMO Erik Kramer's stint might be the best. And that isn't saying much.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Yeah the worst example was the one interception where he completely blamed Lee Evans on it.  Basically if Evans would have turn just a second quicker that awful pass into double coverage would have been fine 

And poor Lee Evans wasn't even playing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I'm pretty sure Rex Grossman and Jay Cutler are the best I've seen and that ain't good.  With that said,  Baker Mayfield is by far the best Browns quarterback we've had post-return, so I can't even make fun of them. 

Adam Schefter is reporting that the league is considering postponing the Steelers/Ravens again.

This may or may not be because - according to Mike Florio (who loves a good conspiracy) - the Ravens are threatening a Wildcat strike