DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK 12 (Turkey Week)

RIPPA

Yeah - the problem is that due to protocols - you can't bring a guy in today and have him playing tomorrow

I wanna say its a 48 hour period at least.

In the story I found - the most likely QB will be Kendall Hinton who is on the practice squad as a WR

He started at QB for three years at Wake

The other option is RB Royce Freeman who is the emergency QB during games

LOL BRONCOS jokes aside, you'd think the league would have a selfish interest in postponing this game due to being a low quality exhibition of professional football with the Broncos unable to field a QB And Las Vegas not wanting their betting odds fucked with by such a radical last minute change to variance/predictability of total scoring.

4 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

...So did anyone see the news about the Lions? ?

No, what's a Lion? Where's this mysterious Michigan you speak of? Canada?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I believe it's a six day testing/wait period until you can even practice.

BTW, the shitbirds that currently call themselves "Deadspin" are pushing a story that says the Broncos should sign Kaepernick for this weekend.  

?

• Haha 2

You would have a job "proving" when the infection took place. Your best bet would be to demonstrate that they had broken whatever biosecurity protocols were in place. To which you would then respond "what biosecurity protocols?" and I would be forced to admit that I had no idea, because it doesn't seem like there are any. 

18 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So apparently having an assistant coach playing is against the NFL rules.  That is what the Broncos now want to do..  I mean there is only a small handful that could serviceable so why not let them.  

Because teams would start to use that as a way to stash extra players

Denver felt that Calabrese had the strongest command of its offense and he could run the system better than anybody, sources told ESPN. The league denied those requests that were made throughout the day Saturday, saying that the Broncos could not activate a coach to their active roster. The league doesn't want coaching staffs being storage areas for potential players, sources said.

The Broncos also repeatedly asked the NFL to push Sunday's game back to Tuesday to allow some of their quarterbacks to come off the reserve/COVID-19 list, sources told ESPN.

Commissioner Roger Goodell denied those requests, much to the chagrin of the Broncos, who felt the league was being unreasonable, sources told ESPN.

Re: the 2nd part. I understand the Broncos frustration there. Now they definitely had guys violating the league protocols and their head coach blatantly lying about how much time the QBs spent together. HOWEVER - the league did move their Ravens game when they had a coach who tested positive, hide his symptoms AND not wear a mask. (this was before the Steelers had their outbreak)

There are no "winners" here. Just that the NFL itself is again proving to be idiots.

• Like 2

after the Eagles tried a DROP KICK~! for their onside attempt last week I am absolutely ready to continue turning football's clock back 100 years.  Get some 3-3 ties up in this muthafucka, eat shit Roger Goodell

Edited by BobbyWhioux

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Again - the simplest solution is move games to Week 18 but they are so terrified of upending their sense of "normalcy"

No, the simplest solution would be to cancel the season and give the Lombardi Trophy to the Packers and a tiny bit to the WFT because he head coached there too. They can have the AFC Title Trophy.

26 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

after the Eagles tried a DROP KICK~! for their onside attempt last week I am absolutely ready to continue turning football's clock back 100 years.  Get some 3-3 ties up in this muthafucka, eat shit Roger Goodell

2-2 or 0-0 would be best.

• Thanks 1