DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK 12 (Turkey Week)

RIPPA

This is technically for next week but that's what happens when Thanksgiving fucks everything up

The Ravens had to close their facility due to multiple positive test "in the organization". There is no word yet on if that includes any players

Obviously if it includes a player (or players) - that could potentially force the NFL to move the game off of Thanksgiving (due to contract tracing)

Of course I could also see the NFL saying - because it being the prime Turkey game and to keep Pittsburgh undefeated - YOU MUST PLAY WITH ONLY 12 GUYS!

Oh and then take draft picks away from the Raiders because... reasons

• Thanks 1

• RIPPA pinned this topic
29 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Shocker that the only game worth anything on Thursday is the one with COVID issues.  The virus is punishing us more by ignoring the Lions vs Texans 

Cowboys vs Football Team is for a share of 1st Place in The NFC East. How dare you discriminate against them. First place is first place, 3 wins or not ?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Honestly, I'm surprised that there wasn't a dislocation which is terrible for your knee.  His knee bent at an ungodly angle, and it seemed to be flopping around a bit.  They never replayed it during the game, which I appreciate, but I was watching Red Zone and they showed it multiple times.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Ooof - it appears that Cowboys Strength and Conditioning coach Markus Paul has passed away

For what it's worth, the Cowboys are NOT confirming his death.  Just that he's "undergoing further medical tests".

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And - not surprisingly - the Steelers are pissed about it

As they should be! The had their actual bye week taken away because the Texans couldn’t handle their shit and now they lose the mini-bye after playing a Thursday game due to the Ravens being super spreaders. Also with how many Ravens are coming up positive don’t be shocked to see the game moved to Monday or Tuesday. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mister TV said:

As they should be! The had their actual bye week taken away because the Texans couldn’t handle their shit and now they lose the mini-bye after playing a Thursday game due to the Ravens being super spreaders. Also with how many Ravens are coming up positive don’t be shocked to see the game moved to Monday or Tuesday. 

Just to make sure you are directing your anger in the correct direction - it was the Titans not the Texas

I would just like to have a copy of whatever criteria the league uses to determine which teams get to cancel/postpone their games until they get all their personnel back from a COVID outbreak vs. which teams have to "suck it up" and field a JV J.O.B. Squad at the originally scheduled time like its the 1987 Strike Season all over again [and of course risk infecting the other team in the process]

you know, just for my personal edification

• Haha 1

Fuck the Tits.  Texans would never do the Steelers dirty. 

So excited to see the Texans play the Lions on Thanksgiving!  Last time they played, Justin Forsett totally got tackled, then got up and ran untouched for a touchdown and Jim Schwartz that idiot tried to challenge a play that was already under review triggering the dumb rule that if you try to challenge an already challenged play you automatically lose the challenge.  How many coaching changes have the Lions had since then?