DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Drew McInfart - 11/23/2020

Dolfan in NYC

It was good seeing Lana keep running because you know. Then Asuka looks around and notices she isn't at ringside and is all "good for her!"

This is what immediately came to mind when I saw what was coming out of the frog's mouth. 

Why did they have to show Mr. Flip Flops twice and make me have to keep switching back to Andrew Zimmern?

Bliss/Cross was short but effective. Alexa's new outfit makes me feel funny. Nikki always makes me feel funny.

I'll see myself out. 

• Like 1

Skipped the opening segment and Riddle/Sheamus.

Hurt Business vs. New Day was pretty darn good even with the ref fuck up screw up causing a restart.

Lashley/Lee was pretty nice while it lasted. Thought both guys looked pretty good during it.

Asuka vs. Lana leading into Asuka/Lana vs. Nia/Shayna was a surprisingly decent-solid segment/match. For the first time it feels like this angle is actually moving forward.

Alexa/Nikki was actually fun for what they were trying with Alexa's character.

Orton/AJ was good.

This was the first episode of Raw in a while that didn't feel mostly like a chore.

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Why are they making such a big deal of people beating up Scrap Iron Adam Pearce, btw? He's a former wrestler. He's not fragile. 

But none of that counts because it wasn't with the WWE. Plus he's an OFFICIAL so you can never touch them. Seriously though if this leads to Scrap Daddy getting a mini WWE run I'm all for it. It's about time they had a commish or whatever who fought back and didn't take anyone's shit. Now if Pearce were gonna fire anyone it should be who ever put the fake bruise on his head. The bruise was nowhere near where Braun was supposed to have headbutted him.

Riddle vs. Sheamus was a damn good match. It's a shame neither guy is on Smackdown feuding over the IC Title right now. I'm surprised Riddle won considering when he does promo's they just have him doing every pot trope there is. Can't wait till he orders a pizza in the middle of a promo.

Now this might sound crazy, but I think they have something with Lana. It would work better with actual people in the crowd, but there's something there. It's a rough piece of clay at the moment, but it can be molded. 

Lee vs. Lashley is the US Title feud they need to do. I am sad Benjamin and Cedric didn't win the tag titles though. The Hurt Business needs all the gold.

I watched the opening promo. Matt Riddle has such a stupid fucking face. I've now come full circle on him. I started out not getting why people dug his character so much, especially people that don't dig that pothead vibe, everything about him was very annoying and he only came across as being really dumb. I started coming around to Riddle when I saw he could cut a serious promo and when he started in NXT, and now I'm back to, "this guy is the living embodiment of what I think a dumbass looks like and I can't stand him." It also doesn't help that WWE turned him into WWE RVD 2.0, except now with more words.

Everything he said in his promo was awful and fell flat. It reminded me of watching one of those videos of Big Bang Theory on YouTube where there's no laugh track. Nothing is funny and nothing comes close to landing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I don't ask for much but I do ask that if you're going to do a redemption angle then it has to feel earned.  So that's why this whole thing with Lana has a huge disconnect with me.  The table spots were amusing, then sad but with a hope that she redeems herself at Survivor Series.  And the post-SS Raw is a nice start with her starting to overcome Nia/Shayna.  But just being there and winning due to double countout is not the least bit earned and for them all to act like she did something meaningful is insulting my intelligence.  The least they could have done for SS is at the end Nia got annoyed at Lana, she goes to put Lana through the table but Lana ducks and Nia wipes herself out.  Then you could have done the double countout AND Lana gets that moral victory to kick things off.  So yes, last night was fine but it's gonna take more time than it should for people to actually give a damn about Lana.  And that's all because of the lame finish at SS.

Now that said I did like most things from what I've seen so far of the show.  I skipped Riddle's stuff but the best things about his backstage bit was Dolfan's tweet about Brogurt.  And New Day/Hurt Business was pretty fun to watch.  As much as I like New Day I love the crap out of Hurt Business.  So the sooner they get some tag gold the better.  I also liked the Funhouse segment and I wouldn't be surprised if that was legit laughter for Bray's pun at the end.  It could have been the laugh track but on my phone it sounded like others were laughing too.

Braun getting the mic after everyone else had cut a promo - then flipping  out when Pearce mentioned he was last (because that's basically what getting to talk after everyone else is) - reminded me of Van Hammer refusing to be renamed "Private Stash" during his Misfits in Action run because he didn't want to be the lowest ranking member of his fake military outfit.  "Last but not least" isn't even an insult,  I guess they want to get Braun over as an irrational hothead, so...

The whole idea that, since the team won, one member gets rewarded with a title shot was odd to me.  Team building, WWE-style.

Show was ok.  Bray and Alexa are still channel-changers for me.  I'm hoping the Hurt Business feud with New Day leads to Hurt Business winning the belts at the next PPV.  New Day don't need then to stay over.

Somehow, someway, WWE is stealing how I run my goliath fighter in D&D: An irrational, hothead, murderhobo who doesn't know the names of the other people in his party and is constantly confused by what the mission is, except he's a savant at puzzle solving.

If Braun starts solving puzzles or starts outsmarting others...

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lashley nearly killed himself right before the commercial break where he lost his balance fireman carrying keith towards the post outside the ring and banged his head off said post with all of Lee's weight on his shoulders. He was lucky it was a glancing blow but it looked like it scraped and bloodied him up a bit.