DVDVR Message Board

UFC 255: Figueiredo vs. Perez (11/21/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

ElmGHcKVoAAguBs.jpeg?1604096111

UFC 255: Figueiredo vs. Perez 
November 21, 2020
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

UFC Flyweight Championship: Deiveson Alcântara © (125) vs. Alex Perez (124.5) (first defense) - Alcântara, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (1:57)
UFC Women's Flyweight Championship: Valentina Shevchenko © (124.5) vs. Jennifer Maia (124.5) (third defense) - Shevchenko, DEC (unanimous)
Mike Perry (175.5)* vs. Tim Means (171) - Means, DEC (unanimous)
Katlyn Chookagian (125.75) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (124.5) - Chookagian, DEC (unanimous)
Maurício Rua (205.5) vs. Paul Craig (205.5) - Craig, TKO (punches), R2 (3:36)

ESPN2/ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Brandon Moreno (125) vs. Brandon Royval (125.5) - Moreno, TKO (punches), R1 (4:59)
Joaquin Buckley (182.5) vs. Jordan Wright (185) - Buckley, KO (punch), R2 (0:18)
Antonina Shevchenko (125) vs. Ariane Lipski (126) - Shevchenko, TKO (punches), R2 (4:33)
Daniel Rodriguez (170.5) vs. Nicolas Dalby (170) - Rodriguez, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Alan Jouban (170.5) vs. Jared Gooden (171) - Jouban, DEC (unanimous)
Kyle Daukaus (185.5) vs. Dustin Stoltzfus (184.5) - Daukaus, DEC (uanimous)
Louis Cosce (170) vs. Sasha Palatnikov (170.5) - Palatnikov, TKO (punches), R3 (2:27)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Antonina Shevchenko
Performance of the Night: Joaquin Buckley
Fight of the NightLouis Cosce vs. Sasha Palatnikov

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

Speaking of undue pressure, people are going to be expecting him to do something flashy in every fight now, aren't they? Up to that point, he struck me as a rigid combination puncher, so I don't know if those kind of kicks are something he should be trying all that often. Either way, I hope it works out for him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Antonina put the beatdown on Ariane Lipski. 

Yes she did.

I am patiently waiting to see who dies first in the Buckley / Wright fight.  I have my popcorn on a TV tray so that I don't fling the entire bowl in the air if someone really gets knocked the fuck out.

I know Jordan Wright is a bit goofy, but how in the fuck is an undefeated dude with a 100% finish rate the underdog?

Edited by J.T.

I guess that's why...   Wright is lucky that Buckley didn't have more time to grind a finish after that knockdown.

R2 will be interesting.... and like that it's over.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Never recovered. It was good to see Buckley fight within himself and not turn into Michel Pereira or some shit. Just think that Buckley looked really stiff and average in that fight against Kevin Holland. Those guys could be two of the big stars of the division in the near future, though Holland's dynamism is just crazy. They're like polar opposites.

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Man Jordan Wright was finished after round one

Buckley shook that kid at the end of R1 and Wright was the walking dead at the start of R2.   He was so fuzzy that he forgot he should be circling away from Buckley's power side.  Hurt fighters make horrible decisions like that.

Edited by J.T.

If a dude's speech is slurred after getting dropped like that, the corner should stop it. Fuck, I hate that aspect of MMA so much.

Would an orientation on brain damage (what little we know of it anyway) and second-impact syndrome help these fighters and trainers recognize that it's not bitch made to retire between corners?

Edited by Jiji