DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/18/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Okay, so it took a week for the balance of power shift promised in Khan's tweet to finally come to pass.

Loved the Death Triangle reunion.  Poor Blade.  He will never win a big match.

Eddie Kingston is the best.  "Pac won't be a bastard for long 'cause the Blade is about to be his father."  

NWA Ladies Championship match was the fucking goods.  I am kinda bummed that Deeb's win was mired in controversy, but this is looking more like a blow off so that both Thunder Rosa and Deeb can move on to different opponents..  I feel that Khan will end up buying out Rosa's contract with the NWA so that he can sign her. 

I think it sucks that Britt has pulled the longest straw because that keeps Britt out of the AEW title hunt now that she will probably feud with Rosa for the next four or five weeks up to the next PPV, leading to a singles match where Rosa will undoubtedly kick the living shit out of her.  I don't think that Britt is ready to be champ, but I don't think she needs to be in another high profile angle where she will eat a loss in the blow off PPV match, especially after dragging Big Swole over the finish line.

Hated the finish of the main event even though the team that should've gone over actually did go over and the swerve was perfect.  Darby just won the TNT title, so why the fuck is he eating a Super Drillclaw and the finish pin in route to another loss on his record?  I hate Cody Rhodes right now.

I will grudgingly admit that the Vegas Vacation was some of the best comedy shit I have seen in a while.  I marked when they drunkenly announced that Elvis was the newest member of the Inner Circle.  Sammy pulling out a knife to seal the blood bond, Konnan making a cameo as a weed selling limo driver, Hagar & Wardlow having a dueling bullies competition, and Santana being all "Don't hug me, man," while MJF was shooting craps fucking ruled.

Top Flight is the fucking bomb.  I still feel that Air Wolf and his kid brother's entrance music should still be the theme from the television show, Airwolf.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 6

LOL at the PWI 500 call-out in Omega's intro. Was that in there last time? 

Thunder Rosa/Serena had to be their best women's match since Nyla/Riho and might've been better, even with the interference. Those gals know their way around a ring. The fight at the end was great too, Rosa looked like she was going to break her foot off in Baker's ass. 

And hey, the main was pretty good too! Darby always looks great getting killed and that Falcon Arrow was definitely a match-ender. 

We also got Konnan, Elvis, gay marriage, and Everclear.  

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

Positives - Factions, changing, evolving, splitting, growing! Everything felt natural. Deeb/Rosa and the aftermath was the most engaging women's segment in, I don't know, awhile. Top Flight don't suck. Yeah, the Inner Circle thing worked. Surprised they didn't have a Tyson cameo.

Negatives - 100 proof everclear? Bro, that's just vodka! Miro sounded exhausted just doing commentary, I have no idea what the plan is with him. JR's tasteless bake sale line should have consequences. It won't.

• Like 1

Serena/Thunder was f'n awesome. Loved that match between two of the best. I liked that the interference didn't directly lead to the finish but set up something for the future. Always glad to see Serena finally getting to excel on national TV. The post-match brawl was also really great, looking forward to a Rosa/Britt feud very much. I was wondering where Hikaru was in all of this and then we get Hikaru vs Anna Jay setup so that was cool.

The Inner Circle vignettes were pretty hilarious. Marked for the Konnan appearance, back with Ortiz & Santana. Dug the main event, another great finish. Also amused by Cody's Papa Johns/Shaq spoof shirt. the Death Triangle back together was pretty cool. the second hour was killer in general. Wasn't crazy about the Hobbs turn as I thought he had potential as a babyface but still will be interesting to see how it goes. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 4

Kenny Omega remains boring. No surprise there. Add all the bells and whistles you want, at the end of the day he’s still a pretentious dweeb who’s a mediocre promo on his best day.

count me in on loving Deeb/Rosa. I can’t think of too many comeback stories as genuinely wholesome as Deeb’s. Rosa is going to murder Baker.

• Like 4

I only caught the last hour but it was a really good hour. Women's match was fantastic, I'm big into a Baker/Rosa feud. I guess the other women's feud is Brandi and Jade, still not sure if that's actually going to end in the ring or not. The two angles feel like they're from different eras of women's wrestling but I'll take it.

Very stoked for Death Triangle returning. Pac and Blade tore it up

Main event was good. Darby eating the pin is hilarious. I like Hobbs in Team Taz, they looked like world beaters all together. Get them some matching warm up jackets. 

I forgot to mention that I loved Brian Cage's orange & black Taz tribute gear.

Air Wolf used Guile from Street Fighter's flash kick as an actual wrestling maneuver and it took out both of the Young Bucks.  I was floored.  I was also impressed that the Buck's teamwork wasn't so obviously spot monkey in that match.

I am stoked for Top Flight vs. The Hybrid2.  Some crazy shit is going to go down in that match and I am happy that organic talent is getting their time to shine.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Elsewhere I am all in on Fire and Ice 2020 and the return of Death Triangle. Those were two well done progressions.

Mox’s promo was great. Not sure how I feel about the backstage attack as I figured they were going Pure Sports Build here leading to an Omega win in his environment. So a diversion from the course I expected but I’m curious where it goes.

• Like 1

Someone on here called Hobbs turn a week or two back on the grounds that he kept running out just a bit too late to make the save during a heel beatdown.  Nice call.

Death Triangle has my attention, but not a lot of interest in seeing those three work babyface.  Hopefully they revert to heels sooner instead of later.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Top Flight is the fucking bomb.  I still feel that Air Wolf and his kid brother's entrance music should still be the theme from the television show, Airwolf.

Works for me. 

EDIT: Sending Mox to the hospital hits a little too close to home, methinks. Also I always hear "I wanna talk to Sampson!" every time they bring him up. I had to go watch that part on Youtube again and I probably will every time. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

He actually used the Airwolf theme as his entrance music for a while when he was still wearing the mask full time. I was surprised to learn how young he and his brother are. They've got a bright future ahead of them. Also nice to see TH2 get off of Dark.

I echo the compliments about the women's match.

Hobbs turning heel and hopefully getting a bigger spotlight is good and all, but I think they should have saved it for the next ppv to give it a bit more oomph.

The Vegas skit needed a Honky Tonk Man cameo.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Jim Ross with the public execution of Excalibur at the top of the show. "Speaking of killing the business, Excalibur..." ? Okay, that one was great. 

The board needs an "angry" react.

P.S. I can't see "Airwolf" without thinking of Fast Eddie's "Air Devils." Wrestling bubble?

Edited by Dog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Okay, so it took a week for the balance of power shift promised in Khan's tweet to finally come to pass.

Loved the Death Triangle reunion.  Poor Blade.  He will never win a big match.

Eddie Kingston is the best.  "Pac won't be a bastard for long 'cause the Blade is about to be his father."  

NWA Ladies Championship match was the fucking goods.  I am kinda bummed that Deeb's win was mired in controversy, but this is looking more like a blow off so that both Thunder Rosa and Deeb can move on to different opponents..  I feel that Khan will end up buying out Rosa's contract with the NWA so that he can sign her. 

I think it sucks that Britt has pulled the longest straw because that keeps Britt out of the AEW title hunt now that she will probably feud with Rosa for the next four or five weeks up to the next PPV, leading to a singles match where Rosa will undoubtedly kick the living shit out of her.

Hated the finish of the main event even though the team that should've gone over actually did go over and the swerve was perfect.  Darby just won the TNT title, so why the fuck is he eating a Super Drillclaw and the finish pin in route to another loss on his record?  I hate Cody Rhodes right now.

I will grudgingly admit that the Vegas Vacation was some of the best comedy shit I have seen in a while.  I marked when they drunkenly announced that Elvis was the newest member of the Inner Circle.  Sammy pulling out a knife to seal the blood bond, Konnan making a cameo as a weed selling limo driver, Hagar & Wardlow having a dueling bullies competition, and Santana being all "Don't hug me, man," while MJF was shooting craps fucking ruled.

Yeah, Darby taking the pin was a little sketchy. If you’re not going to protect your new champion in favor of the former champion, you probably shouldn’t have put the belt on him.

• Like 2