DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 11/18/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Damn, once Io recovered from getting dropped chin first into the apron, that match was just awesome.  Io and Rhea were just beating the piss out of each other.  Easily one of the best matches of the year.  The post match somewhat felt like that was Rhea's last match in NXT especially since she didn't win the title.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, nofuture said:

The post match somewhat felt like that was Rhea's last match in NXT especially since she didn't win the title.

Yes, it definitely felt like her goodbye. Really good match. In fact, good stuff from all of the women. Looking forward to the War Games Match.

• Like 1

Kind of like what they did with Ruff tonight in how he handled Gargano & Priest. Its easily the most character he has been given so far in NXT. Really hope he is successful in defending his belt whenever the eventual triple threat happens.

So happy to see War Games returning. I also liked that they waited for feuds building towards to it start before announcing it. 

Thatcher/Grey was fun, and I'm lookin forward to the surliest bastards in NXT fighting in Thatcher and Ciampa.

Kacy/Kayden vs. Candice/Indi was solid. Really wish they would actually do something with the Kacy/Kayden team.

Ember/Toni vs. Dakota/Raquel was good. Nice to see one War Games team already set goign off of the post match attack with Candice & Indi.

Finn returning was nice, but felt odd with it just being an intro for the UE to comeback and brawl with the Kings of NXT. 

Io/Rhea was fantastic. I was worried when Io was getting checked on so much during the first commercial break, but they somehow came back even stronger than their start and never let up. This was an amazing match for Rhea to leave NXT on if this was her final one before a roster move.

• Like 2

The Toni Storm atomic drop botch continues for a third straight week (admittedly with so many camera cuts it's hard to tell if this time the move was executed correctly or not).
WkgQjQP.gif
On the bright side it looked better than the botch from two weeks ago probably cos the production team covered for it..
bl2dZJG.gif

Edited by aloniv

6 hours ago, DEAN said:

Yeah, that Io/Ripley match was fucking awesome.

Really was. MOTYC. Even more impressive considering the lengthy time out checking on Io Shirai after chinning the ring apron. I'd say it was Rhea Ripley's best match. Need to think on Shirai.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Really was. MOTYC. Even more impressive considering the lengthy time out checking on Io Shirai after chinning the ring apron. I'd say it was Rhea Ripley's best match. Need to think on Shirai.

In WWE I would say its the best singles match either woman has had which is saying something because they have both had a legit MOTYC or two already this year against other people. The only non-singles match that compares is last year's War Games.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eivion said:

In WWE I would say its the best singles match either woman has had which is saying something because they have both had a legit MOTYC or two already this year against other people. The only non-singles match that compares is last year's War Games.

I agree.

5 hours ago, aloniv said:

blXyliO.gif

The commentators worked hard to clean up that whiff, but I still enjoyed the match and I am happy that Ruff got some time to show off his spots.   NXT can now say they have a high quality ring rope hopper like Rey Fenix.

Io / Rhea was the best war ever.  Wednesday night belonged to the ladies in NXT and in AEW.

Shotzi's War Games spot fucking ruled.  I love her so much right now.  I totally support the concept of her being the cuter version of UFC deep voice guy and assuming the role of WWE's official PPV hype person.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

It's kinda funny WWE didn't bother doing a million camera cuts to cover Ruff's spot that I posted, where he performed a somersault, possibly lightly grazed Gargano's face with an elbow (but maybe missed him completely) and then landed perfectly on his feet. It was an impressive athletic spot but a very poor wrestling one - he would have achieved much more contact with Garagano if he performed a regular dive or simply rolled out of the ring and clotheslined him, which shows that at times impressive athletic spots seem silly in wrestling matches.

Edited by aloniv

Really looking forward to the women's War Game match, though it seems likely the makeup of the teams is really going to highlight how short on talent the women's Survivor Series elimination match is.  I'd be wishing for the NXT women to be called up, but I kinda think Kai, Shirai, Ripley, Le Rae, etc. will all end up being poorly used on the main roster.

Glad to see Finn back, but they really made him seem unimportant by giving him 60 secs of air time before bringing out the real stars of the segment.  The show-ending brawl was appropriately chaotic but the it was odd to give the faces the numbers advantage.  No interest in seeing a Pat Pack-UE Wargames match, if that's where this is headed.  

Edited by Eoae

It's been one great episode after another ever since Halloween.

Really love what they are doing with Ruff. The longer they can stretch this out, the longer the line will be for his contenders, which would be great.

Hartwell should really wrestle more heavy, she's selling like a gal much smaller than she is; she looked great before wrestling more heavy.

Shirai/Riple: why are the women consistently more hardcore than the men? Such a great, long match.