DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/11/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I've only watched highlights thus far. But they just don't know when to put the breaks on do they? Everyone is invincible, everyone is insane.

Of all that I watched which included piledrivers, ladder elbow drops, bulldogs off the stage, blade jobs, steel step backbreakers the thing that had the most emotional impact was Eddie Kingston pushing Fenix out of the ring with his foot. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Can we talk real quick about "WRESTLING HAS MORE THAN ONE ROYAL FAMILY?"  I find it so cringeworthy every time I hear it.   

It’s the worst. His whole entrance is super irritating.

The big mystical music build up to the “royal family quote” to “here we are, here we go, something something Cody Rhodes”.

In terms of “wrestling royal families” I’d say most fans understand that there are a lot of potential royal families, depending on your location and age. The Harts, The Von Erichs, The Armstrongs, The Anoa’i family.

Obviously The Tonga’s are the real royal family. As they had the king.

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Am I watching wrestling wrong if I've never felt emotional over an elbow drop from a ladder? Damnit...

If all you think when someone comes off a ladder with an elbow is "OH WOW, SO COOL!" then yes.

On Darby, and I've noticed this a few times with Darby in particular, why did they play his music when he came down from the crowd? Surely Darby sprinting down the stairs and just appearing in ring to make the save would have been more impactful? Don't get me wrong, I love Darby's music but that delay between music starting and wrestler appearing can take me out of a moment. 

Edited by Fighting a man with a perm
  • Like 4

The sound and lighting guys being on cue for run ins one of those clichés WWE created that AEW should have examined and dumped in the garbage.

Also add to that people who aren't wrestling being in full gear like Pac for an 'unscheduled' appearance.

And match makers announcing next week's matches instantly to go along with the action going on in front of the audience like Pac vs. Blade next week.

Edited by Goodear
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Also add to that people who aren't wrestling being in full gear like Pac for an 'unscheduled' appearance.

If there's anything we know about Pac, it is that he is always in full gear

jdXYDOE.jpg

To be fair, if I had a body like his, I'd would be wandering around in my underwear too

Edited by elizium
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

I don't think Cody is Triple H-ing his way through the locker room just yet, although I have a lot of issues with his TNT title run. I honestly don't think Cody stalled Orange Cassidy's rise or anything like that, I could see how you would though. I wish I didn't have to wonder whether a performer was politicking and ego boosting while I watch them, that's a lot to ask for in wrestling I guess.

I will say Cody went from being a highlight of the show to being the most skippable part for me. Darby, Hobbs, and Mox was a team I was hyped for, Darby, Hobbs, and Cody not so much. And I'm not alone considering how many people think a heel turn is coming, because that seems like the only explanation for Cody making himself increasingly disagreeable to watch over the past few months besides that this was just a botched run. I think the lack of crowds has hit Cody the hardest, he needed those reactions for momentum and without them he's gone down avenues that I don't think audiences would have followed. Saying being a face and heel doesn't matter is the kind of statement you can put out when you have incredibly small sample sizes to pull from to prove your point (Twitter doesn't count).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Octopus said:

Very small sample size, my wife liked the Brandi moment. She’s a black woman and it reminded us of when we were at home and she went off because my old job was being annoying. Also, I’m oblivious to when a gal might be flirting with me and she’ll let me know, lol. Saying that, my wife is a very shy quiet person and so unbelievably kind and my favorite person in the whole world. She came at it from a wife defending her husband. Clearly, it sounds like she’s an outlier. But maybe she connects with Brandi in being married to a big doofus like Cody but still loving him.

I wasn't going to touch it because as you mentioned, it's totally anecdotal, but my girlfriend (a black woman herself) loved the hell out of Brandi's part in the segment too. Like, we rewound it to see it again. Different strokes! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

It’s the worst. His whole entrance is super irritating.

The big mystical music build up to the “royal family quote” to “here we are, here we go, something something Cody Rhodes”.

That bit at the beginning is like a small clip of the trailer you're about to watch being tacked onto the front of a trailer. Totally unnecessary. Entrance themes don't need their own entrance theme.

I'm kind of into @Technico Support's call for a dick-measuring contest if only to see if he has any tattoos that top the neck thing. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I forgot about my favorite part of the match with Rey and Penta. Earlier Kingston says it was perfectly fine for Penta to try and rip off Fenix's mask because they weren't in Mexico, they were in JACKSONVILLIE. Later I damn near lost it laughing when Eddie throws a fit when Fenix rips Penta's mask and Eddie is all DISQUALIFY HIM. That was a nice touch.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, alstein said:

Don't know why folks are saying B&B should have won.  Both teams are honestly pretty disposable/on the same level.   The only one out of the four I enjoy watching is Dustin, the other three are just ok.

I'll be entirely honest: 99% of why I personally feel that way is because I think the Butcher has an awesome look. 

• Like 3

Just now, Andy in Kansas said:

Butcher and Blade are an underneath team who'll occasionally have a short TV thing with someone like the Bucks. Enhancement talent losing lower-card feuds doesn't both me in the slightest. Flip a coin, there was no wrong result in that match. 

Great way of putting it. Like if I could pick a team from when I was a kid to compare them to, id say Meng/Barbarian. Yes they're mostly enhancement, but you have em pick up a few wins on the mothership or whatever, and they're instantly believable against the Steiners or the Heat. Same deal here I feel.

• Like 7

To me, Butcher and Blade still feel like they could be something cool, while there's nothing at all special about the Natural Nightmares.  QT Marshall has never meant anything anywhere (not hating, just stating, as Konnan says) and Dustin is on the tail end of his career.  One teams feels like they should be doing something while the other feels like they should be putting up and coming teams over.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4