DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/11/2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Why are the Natural Nightmares going over on the Butcher & the Blade? I enjoyed the match, but hated that booking.

Me too.  Hopefully it's just a complimentary blow off angle so that Butcher, Blade & Bunny can move on to better things and the Nightmare Family can switch their focus to Team Taz.

Speaking of which, I cannot blame Cody for getting blindsided by Cage.   If Jade Cargill and Brandi were fighting over me, I'd be mesmerized, too.

I hope Jade was talking about an upcoming episode of The Go-Big Show.  Shaq vs. Cody is a wrestling match that no one wants to see.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hopefully, Scorpio Sky can move onto better things than losing to :::vomits in mouth::: Shawn Spears.

They'd be nutty to put Spears over Sky long term, right? I hope there's a rematch so Scorp can get the win, maybe a stip will be involved since they aren't shy about that. What haven't they done yet, scaffold match?

Up and down show a bit.

I will never not love a come dressed as you are bunkhouse match with gallons of blood and this was no exception. Great fun with three problems: the wrong team won, they missed the table spot with Bunny, and...yeah, that Buzz Killington lung cancer commercial during the break didn't do the presentation any favors.

Same with Spears/Sky. Why is Spears going over anyone in 2020?

Also, Hobbs/Allin vs. Team Taz > Cody/Allin vs. Team Taz. Hobbs screams babyface to me but he's come out juuuuust a hair too late too many times now for me to not think he's turning.

They really rushed through the story in the main event, almost like they were able to get Pac back a month earlier than expected so we went from Friendly Brotherly Exhibition to ripping masks out of no where. Great match though and that apron package piledriver was insane.

So, listening to Mox and Omega's promos. I mean I totally get that Omega is God tier in a lot of ways, but he just isn't on Mox's level in being over. To be fair, no one else in the company is either, but I watch those two promos and I'm just like "how can that dude possibly beat that other dude in less than a month".

Edited by For Great Justice

I'm revoking Tony Khan's Twitter privileges. Whenever he makes promises like this, it always underwhelms. Dixie Carter pulled similar nonsense in her heyday. It's carny and low-rent and it makes them look bad.

Jade Cargill segment bombed. She came out, and it got progressively worse. It sounded like she'd never cut a wrestling promo in her life. It got worse with Brandi coming out, which she didn't need to. Ooh, she said "bitch," so we know she's serious. Was like a Jerry Springer segment. And all that for a Shaquille O'Neal tease. So...what was the point of that? Shaq wasn't there, but why does Shaq want a piece of Cody? Why is Shaq angry at Cody? Are they setting up a match between Shaq and Cody? Is Jade Cargill there because she's going to manage Shaq? Is she part of his entourage now? I don't understand. 

Then Team Taz comes out and attacks Cody. Willie Hobbs pulls a Tuxedo Mask and looks absolutely useless. That was a wrestlecrap segment. No one came out of it looking better.

The one big return tonight was PAC, who we already knew was coming back, so it wasn't like it was a huge surprise. But that's not exactly a balance of power in wrestling shift. And neither is a TEASE of f'n Shaq in 2020 for that matter.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Was like a Jerry Springer segment.

And they had Jerry Lynn out to separate them too since it sounded cute to have a Jerry out there. That was slightly amusing but do agree the segment wasn't good. Cody dealing with Team Taz is more than enough and this was way out of left field. 

Despite that I did like the show overall. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And they had Jerry Lynn out to separate them too since it sounded cute to have a Jerry out there. That was slightly amusing but do agree the segment wasn't good. Cody dealing with Team Taz is more than enough. 

Simply could've had Cody teasing he wanted a rematch with MJF and then had Team Taz beat him up, and that would've been fine. Save for Willie Hobbs either not blowing his cue or being made to look like an idiot.

• Like 1

I loved the Cody segment, it was so random and chaotic. the SHAQ tease. And most of all SHOOTER BRANDI bringing the fire on the mic was killing me. Then to transition back to Team Taz against Cody and Darby, I thought all that was massively entertaining. Really it was like one massive segment from Cage/Sydal through the Cody promo through the attack, cool stuff there. Speaking of Cage/Sydal, thought they had a great little 8 minute match, reminded me of their Impact matches 2 years ago. Killer finish setup. 

Bunkhouse Brawl brought the blood big time, so that ruled. Love seeing Tay Conti finally get some Dynamite shine, big fan of her and thought she looked great. I was amazed to learn Shawn Spears is now 16-2 in 2020. Last week the Gunn Club won the main event, this week just back in the crowd again.  Liked the Kenny promo about resuming his role as Best in the World. Moxley/Omega is going to be big time hype by Dec 2. Show flew by super quick. Pentagon/Fenix was good again though felt a bit much for them to be suddenly trying to kill one another so much. Great to see Pac back, him and Kingston is a logical feud that should produce great stuff. Overall thought this was a super fun show and a lot of the bigger names weren't even wrestling. Digging the stacked roster.

One thing about Shaq involvement...it will bring alot of new eyes on to AEW with alot of mainstream and social media exposure. A Shaq/Cody main event for the first episode of the new show on TNT would probably be pretty huge, as a spectacle and a springboard for the new weekly show.

• Like 1

PAC vs. Kingston for the soul of Death Triangle is the feud that wrestling needs.  It's also a smart way to allow Mox to move on to a different challenger while still having KIngston involved in the second hour because ratings.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

One thing about Shaq involvement...it will bring alot of new eyes on to AEW with alot of mainstream and social media exposure. A Shaq/Cody main event for the first episode of the new show on TNT would probably be pretty huge, as a spectacle and a springboard for the new weekly show.

I'm not getting why AEW needs a Shaq crossover in 2020 or 2021.

• Like 2

I thought it was a pretty good episode with the exception of a couple of segments. The biggest HUH from me was the entire Cody segment. This is the problem AEW has. They just assume we know who people are. This Jade, she sure looks impressive but I have no earthly idea who she is. I assume she's been on AEW Dark. Well I don't watch Dark that much. At least build her up a lil bit on Dynamite before throwing her to the fire like that. I think the whole thing with Cody and Shaq came from something on a NBA on TNT when they had that AEW ring in the studio. Why is this lady backing Shaq? Just a weird segment with no real reason other than to make Cody seem like he's a bigger than the company star. I'm not saying this Shaq thing is gonna be bad. But it could have been built better. This felt like it was thrown together before the show.

Now going from bad to good, wow that Bunkhouse match was great. I'm sad that Butcher/Blade lost. But they looked good in defeat. AEW seriously needs secondary tag titles with all these teams. In 86 or 87 this would have been a hell of a match for the US Tag Titles. But yeah, great match none the less.

Speaking of tag teams, why are The Bucks giving a new team with only one tv match a shot at the tag titles?

Penta vs. Fenix was good. Only thing missing was it being a blood bath with all the torn masks. But I think the Bunkhouse match used up the blood quota for the night.

Pac/Kingston is gonna be fun. Didn't realize I wanted that match till just now.

• Like 3