DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15.

The Natural

On 12/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, Jiji said:

Where is Desperado after the year he had? 

Fuck him. When El Desperado's mask came off, everybody cheered and called him handsome and gave him all the five-star snowflakes. When my mask comes off the only SNOWFLAKES I get are the ones trying to PERSECUTE my FREEDOM at the MALL KIOSK that REFUSES to THREAD my EYEBROWS

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Per F4W:

The full cards for Wrestle Kingdom 15 are as follows:

January 4:

Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles
Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Great-O-Khan
KENTA vs. Juice Robinson for the IWGP US title contract briefcase
Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Guerillas of Destiny for the IWGP Tag Team titles
Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo
King of Pro Wrestling Ranbo

January 5:

Winner of Naito-Ibushi vs. Jay White for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles
Taiji Ishimori vs. Hiromu-ELP winner for the IWGP Jr. title
SANADA vs. EVIL
Shingo Takagi vs. Jeff Cobb for the NEVER Openweight title
El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team titles
4-way match for the KOPW title
Dark match featuring Stardom talent

NJPW's New Year Dash!! event will take place on January 6 at Tokyo Dome City Hall

(I honestly think they had a better card for New Beginning in Osaka this year, with Naito vs KENTA, Mox vs MiSu, and Hiromu vs Lee on top. I was more excited for that one, at any rate - mainly because I got to see it live. Still, I'm looking forward to both shows. I hope Hiromu vs El P and Shingo vs Cobb steal the show! I'm bummed about no MiSu and no Ishii. Loved their G1 match! Hopefully they'll both make the January 5th KOPW match or something).

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 1

Night 1 looks much better than Night 2 currently. Hopefully the Never Openweight six man titles can be defended on New Year's Dash, I'm expecting most of them to be involved in the KOPW trophy stuff.

Just give the belt to Kenta, he's defended the brief case more than anyone ever defended the title! Unless they have Moxley secured for a date I just don't see the point.

Roller coaster year ends with somewhat weird WK cards + new restrictions on audience size (NJPW can't sell tickets to WK anymore since they have passed the newly introduced limit) . On the positive side I think this show can easily over deliver since, I think, nobody is really expecting it to be as great as previous WKs.

For 4-way I think, maybe Yano, Suzuki, Goto and Sho? Would be a bit weird with 3 Chaos guys, but I don't really see many viable alternatives, maybe Ishii, but thats replacing Chaos with Chaos.

1 hour ago, Archibald said:

For 4-way I think, maybe Yano, Suzuki, Goto and Sho? Would be a bit weird with 3 Chaos guys, but I don't really see many viable alternatives, maybe Ishii, but thats replacing Chaos with Chaos.

I think that’s probably going to be close to the lineup for the match except replace Sho with someone for BC Fale/Owens/Yuiro

I thought it came out that a promoter was using his name without his knowledge regarding the blackballing situation and that Will himself became depressed due to it all because he didn’t have anything to d o with it, he just got pulled in because he had name value for the promoter to dangle over others.

14 hours ago, Sublime said:

I thought it came out that a promoter was using his name without his knowledge regarding the blackballing situation and that Will himself became depressed due to it all because he didn’t have anything to d o with it, he just got pulled in because he had name value for the promoter to dangle over others.

The supposed depression stuff happened before he was somewhat exonerated. It was later admitted the actual person who did the blackballing was the assaulter's trainer who also partially owned the building. I will say that while Ospreay may have been innocent of actual blackballing of Pollyanna he was still an asshole to her over the situation and made a poor apology for it this summer. That said, I think putting him in the same vein as guys like Dream & Riddle is a bit much.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1