DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I liked and hated the Kridis fight. It was annoying with limited places to avoid the freezing attacks, but it was nice to finally get a challenge from one of the big bosses. Its pretty much the fight we should have had against Eramis. Feels weird it happened only after the main campaign.

Edited by Eivion

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God the Exo Stranger's original timeline is fucking bleak

Are you talking about Elsie? Yeah that shit sounds depressing, especially when she talks about the previous versions of Ana.

Also I accidently heard some spoilers about Banshee when watching Aztecross's current stream. They are kind of wild, neat, and you should avoid anything about the Lament exotic until that quest is actually out if you want to avoid them.

I have been watching the beginning of the Deep Stone Crypt raid on Datto's stream

He seemed to hint that there were some leaks that allowed some teams to be more prepared for the raid then others.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Looks like Datto’s team got 4th and a team no one knew anything about got 3rd

No sign of Iso in the standings.  I guess Esoterikk's clan took the weekend off.

From the looks of Datto's Twitter, there was a shit ton of Divinity / Izi meta going on with all of the raid teams load-outs.   Gotta love the classics.

Read the Stasis nightmare threads and they reinforced my feelings about my decision to quit.  I made the right call.

Edited by J.T.

My issue isn't around Stasis (and the nerf has made Crucible more tolerable)

My "big" issue at the moment is the over-reliance on the playlist stuff for some quest steps.

I at one point had four things that required doing Gambit matches (I still have 2 of them because they are the grindiest fucking things ever)

Then there is the one I have that is Crucible based that requires killing guys who are slowed NOT frozen. So its like the tiniest window of opportunity to kill fuckers.

So Aztec's team needed over 12 hours to beat the raid.

However - one of the guys in his fireteam got Eyes of Tomorrow which is the new Raid exotic

And it is basically Gallejhorn 2.0 - target lock on with tracking, up to 6 rockets at once and damage stacks so the later rockets that hit do more damage

Six tracking rockets with that kind of blast radius?  That is borderline broken.

Well, I suppose that's one way to guarantee that players will participate in the raid.  That weapon will become automatic meta in no time flat.  I suspect it will be a "must have" Ordeal Nightfall weapon along with Divinity and Izi.

Edited by J.T.

The raid beating also released the rest of Europa for various quests and whatnot. The quests under Varicks eventually lead to higher difficulty Empire Hunts which is how we get Cloudstrike. Born in Darkness Part 4 is available now.

I think the only big exotic left now is Hawkmoon.

Edited by Eivion

I did the quest that is basically platforming to not die in the cold and then having to fight a boss

I didn't realize when I started it that it was recommended LL 1230. I am only roughly 1222.

It took awhile but I finally beat it.

I am now scared to do Lament since it doesn't have a LL attached to it (I have found my first three dead exos)

Well its okay because I have a shit memory

I am actually 1230 so not as bad as I thought

I have been redoing the boss battles on Europa for Variks

I guess I should be doing the hunts instead

Esoterickk has his video out on how to solo to get the two chests in the new raid

Both of them take advantage of glitches so who knows how long this will last (especially with a Hotfix coming tomorrow)

The first one will still be doable - just longer - since apparently there is a glitch (and a simple one at that) where you can make it that you never get Frostbite so you can just happily sparrow to the hidden chest.

If they fix that - you will still be able to do it, you just will have to go from flame to flame to get there.

The 2nd one required jumping out of the map and then basically glitching your way to the chest

Really wish morons wouldn't enter Nightfalls without the right setups. I just had to quit one at the final boss because one guy jumped and right before then I saw that neither dumbass was equipped to take on overload champions.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Really wish morons wouldn't enter Nightfalls without the right setups. I just had to quit one at the final boss because one guy jumped and right before then I saw that neither dumbass was equipped to take on overload champions.

A gigantic pet peeve of mine and one of the reasons I usually recruited fireteams for Ordeal Nightfalls.  Occasionally I got idiots that were unprepared and didn't intend to change their load outs, so I just booted them and waited for someone else to respond to my post.  It rarely took longer than fifteen minutes to get serious players.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, J.T. said:

A gigantic pet peeve of mine and one of the reasons I usually recruited fireteams for Ordeal Nightfalls.  Occasionally I got idiots that were unprepared and didn't intend to change their load outs, so I just booted them and waited for someone else to respond to my post.  It rarely took longer than fifteen minutes to get serious players.

I tend to only do the hero version so I don't think to recruit a team, but I might have to reconsider until later in the season. Its clear a bunch of new people are running around the game right now.

Edited by Eivion