DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

While I am happy that Hunters are getting Suppressors, the fact that everyone will get Suppressors will be horrible for PvP.  

There is already a meme of folks focusing on the dude's face when he makes the announcement in the video. Like "Oh Lord, what have we done"

The 8 new exotic weapons thing makes me curious on what two weapons they left out as we know about six of them via the trailer.

Was wondering how the Cabal would get involved. Seems like the alliance comes fully into play here including the Caiatl providing us with gear. Had a feeling about that with the slug launcher exotic clearly being a Cabal weapon

Also looks like the Throneworld is on Mars.

Noticed we saw no Osiris.

Datto's vid on the vidoc offers a little more info as he saw an actual story mission via a visit to Bungie's private discord. Apparently we a getting a defensive version of rampage as an origin trait. Crafting materials won't take up inventory space.

Feels like we are probably going to hit Forsake level of quality and depth, maybe more.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

HA!

People immediately started bitching YOU DIDN'T SHOW ENOUGH FOR HUNTERS!!!!!!

So much so that dmg had to Tweet that "Void Hunters will get some love soon"

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but somehow I still am that there was bitching. That said, Bungie brought that on themselves as there was really no reason to not have something there. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Some good and some bad.  Seems decent in theory, but are those debuffs available for everyone?  If all Guardians can use Suppressors, turn invisible, or get an overshield, then what makes individual classes special?

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Some good and some bad.  Seems decent in theory, but are those debuffs available for everyone?  If all Guardians can use Suppressors, turn invisible, or get an overshield, then what makes individual classes special?

I think suppression grenades is the only thing becoming universal

For all I have read and watched (far far too much) - Hunters are still the only ones who can apply invis, Titans are the only ones who get an overshield, etc...

• Like 1

dmg said next week's TWAB (the last one before Witch Queen) will explain the Gambit changes

Sadly they are not tear it down and rebuilding from the ground up just that they will "walk through some changes that we hope improve the mode while addressing player feedback."

Interactive trailer that serves a little bit of a "story so far"

Most interesting thing is the implication how they are hinting at how the Savathun's Song strike fits into everything now.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Which is odd because I tend to find hunters who use invisibility in PvP to be mostly average. If they are good its because they are good in general.

I wasn't big on using invis in PvP unless I had a good sniper's nest and that was pretty much in D1 since D2 PvP hates hardscoping snipers.

• Like 1

So today in ridiculous bs I had a player rush to kick me just after we beat the boss in Grasp of Avarice. No idea as to why as I did nothing to him and did plenty of work in beating the boss both in damage and mechanics. Just a weird asshole move to pull at the last minute. 

I hope you got his gamertag so that you could report him to Bungie and Sony or at least block / mute his profile to lower the percentage of being matchmade with him.

It might not be a bad idea to go to the Bungie forums and put the word out that he's a bad player.

I was going to block him, but for some reason player pages on the Bungie website are not loading for me. They get stuck loading D2 data. Its kept me from thanking people via messaging several times. Its annoying.

Apparently there was some kind of interview with D2 devs that gave some clarifications on Void 3.0. Aztec posted vid summarizing. Stuff that stood out to me:

• Weapons of Light is getting a nerf, 35-25%
  • Suppressor grenades have the longest cool down times since everyone can use them now.
  • All of the base effects of Void (weaken, suppressor, Invisibility, etc.) will be available via fragments in some manner though presumably no class will have the same level of use as the original class an ability belonged to.
  • Ruinous Effigy and other elemental weapons should synergize with 3.0 classes. 

The effect thing both interest and scares me. On the one hand I'd rather not fight invisible Titans and Warlocks. On the other when Solar 3.0 comes around it would be nice for Hunters to finally be able to heal ourselves.

The comments came from the Destiny Community Podcast (Fallout was one of the guest hosts so he had mentioned it on Thursday). Of course the irony was that he was playing Crossfire with TravelDanielle on Twitch at the time it dropped (with dmg gifting subs in the chat - it was really surreal)

Honestly - the thing that stood out to me was Bungie basically admitted you will be at a disadvantage in PvP if you are playing Solar or Arc

I have to imagine that one of those classes will be ready to drop at the start of Season 17(??? - 16 is the one that starts with WQ right???) otherwise people are gonna be really really uhappy about half the game taken away.

I'm thinking the same. In general they want to get the 3.0 class updates out of the way so they can finally introduce the next Darkness based subclass in Lightfall so presumably they are at least 60-70% through working on whichever one comes after Void.

If Bungie were smart, they'd roll out one 3.0 per season until all three were available.  No one is going to wait six months to a year for another sub-class to be overhauled.  Everyone playing Void classes in PvP is only going to be novel for so long.

Stasis 3.0 will either be of nightmarishly broken proportions or they will finally balance it and get it right.

Edited by J.T.

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Stasis 3.0 will either be of nightmarishly broken proportions or they will finally balance it and get it right.

To be fair - they kinda of reigned Stasis in with some of the updates they did during the year and Stasis isn't getting upgraded. It technically is 3.0 already. Basically Void is changing to use the system Stasis does (Aspects and Fragments). If anything - I just assume Stasis might get some additional Aspects or Fragments added during the year.

Of course - you can still find issues

(It was suddenly breaking something in Trials)

• Haha 1

Nevermind - it was all over

It is the usual "if you cancel the (X) animation" exploit.

Basically if you melee it cancels the animation thus the game thinks you still have the Diamond Lance despite throwing it

So as per usual - PC players are breaking the game ?

• Haha 1

Played Gambit for the first time in like 2 months yesterday. I had basically stopped when realizing that it would take TWO resets to get the fucking Ascendancy skin needed for the seasonal challenge.

I mean I only got the Vanguard one like two days ago and I do that daily and there are far more sources of rep.

Still the usual horseshit with that mode that I don't see them fixing because the refuse to take it out and rebuild it

I was like "Hey! Let me get my Warlock ready for Witch Queen. I love playing as a Voidwalker!"

Yeah... I forgot I hadn't used her since before Beyond Light.

I haven't even unlocked Stasis yet.

So many opening cutscenes I just had to skip