DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

So basically - there is what some folks are calling a quasi-sunsetting of weapons.

Not that you can't use old weapons and raise their power HOWEVER almost all new weapons will be dropping with an extra "origin trait" based on where you got the weapon from (Raid, Trials, Nightfall, Strike, Crucible, etc...). Only new drops will have that.

So because it has an extra perk folks are all WHY WOULD I USE OLD WEAPONS THAT DONT HAVE IT!!!!!

Just saw a vid form Houndish on the TWAB. Weapon Crafting is pretty interesting. Definitely feels like a quasi-sunset like you mentioned. The newer gear will have so any advantages over the old, even the stuff you don't craft. I do like that Kill trackers for everything Forsaken and on will be there. The origin stuff sounds neat.

Not sure how I feel about exotic crafting being a thing though I suppose it makes sense with stuff like DMT and Hawkmoon running around with random rolls. I am happy to see primary exotics and tracer rifles seemingly getting a buff red bars. I know Legendary and up content is suppose to be difficult, but it always felt like they pushed it a bit far making some of the older exotics feel kind of worthless. The small pulse rifle buff is welcomed as well. It was rather disappointing seeing how weak all pulse rifles were in in higher difficulty content. It is somewhat sad and amusing that the buffs are coming as we leave the season where they had artefact mods.

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Not sure how I feel about exotic crafting being a thing though I suppose it makes sense with stuff like DMT and Hawkmoon running around with random rolls. 

Datto seems to think all you will be able to do with Exotics is just change like the barrel or sights but not the major perks

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Datto seems to think all you will be able to do with Exotics is just change like the barrel or sights but not the major perks

I think it will be dependent on the exotic. Major perks in reality are the ones that make the weapon an exotic in the first place. With weapons like Hawkmoon and DMT the random roll for secondarys like Vorpal, Eye of the Storm, etc. was more of a bonus opposed to the opposed to the perks that saw precision shots adding accumulative damage. That stuff we won't change, but I can see those secondarys being more open to change. Otherwise it feels like they would have bothered with exotic crafting outside the glaives.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So basically - there is what some folks are calling a quasi-sunsetting of weapons.

Not that you can't use old weapons and raise their power HOWEVER almost all new weapons will be dropping with an extra "origin trait" based on where you got the weapon from (Raid, Trials, Nightfall, Strike, Crucible, etc...). Only new drops will have that.

So because it has an extra perk folks are all WHY WOULD I USE OLD WEAPONS THAT DONT HAVE IT!!!!!

It's the smart way to sunset.  Allow players to use their old crap if they really want to, but make new content so desirable that they eventually get rid of their junk.

That being said, Bungo needs to tweak their databases so that no one gets old crap as a reward.  It used to annoy the shit out of me to complete Savathun's Song and get a one perk Duty Bound as a reward when the rest of my guns had two perks.  Either upgrade old content to the new system or vault lock that shit

41 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That being said, Bungo needs to tweak their databases so that no one gets old crap as a reward.  It used to annoy the shit out of me to complete Savathun's Song and get a one perk Duty Bound as a reward when the rest of my guns had two perks.  Either upgrade old content to the new system or vault lock that shit

Oh they are - basically the entire loot pool is being changed and it (supposedly) won't contain anything from Beyond Light (basically)

Now that being said - I believe you would still be able to acquire things that dropped from a specific activity if you completed that specific activity (like if there is a gun that only drops from a specific strike - that will still happen). I think - THINK (I can't remember if they said in that TWAB) that if it drops in Witch Queen, it would have the new traits.

So you can get old weapons with new traits but it may no longer be your special God roll (which was kinda of happening now anyway where, for example, I had a Last Perdition that was sunset but you could get a new Last Perdition with the new set of perks).

@RIPPAjust a reminder that Tomorrow's Answer is the Xur weapon of the week. I know you have a slight collector mentality like myself so I figured you might want it. Wonder if that is the last Trials weapon he sells this season. I was hoping for Summoner though with it returning during the Witchqueen it feels safe to assume it and whatever the other returning Trials weapon is won't be sold by Xur.

• Like 1

Thanks - I had grabbed it already because I saw Fallout's video that he was selling it

I really hate people in Trials Capture that make no attempt to prevent people from capping the zone

• Like 2

Yeah not sure what is up with that. I won several and lost several because people paid no mind to try to prevent zone capture.

Speaking of Trials because I was so close to a reset I went ahead and did a decent amount this week. Was surprisingly one of my better runs. Lost a fair amount of the time, but I actually managed to pick up quite a few wins. Most of it was due to lucking out with good teammates, but I even managed to be the top player all around in one of those victories. it was kind of fun for once. I'm not used to that with Trials. Doubt I could manage the same success with regular Trials, but it was nice for things to actually feel a bit breezy and enjoyable this time around.

FINALLY reached max level

Fucking two months of the game not giving me a fucking pair of 1330 gauntlets.

I also finally get an exotic armor to drop out of a Legendary Lost Sector - no Curass of the Falling Star yet but since I mainly play as a Sunbreaker - I am definitely gonna try these Path of the Burning Steps out

• Like 2

I will give some folks the benefit of the doubt and say it is just forgetfulness since it isn't the normal Trials rule set.

I was watching Fallout's Twitch stream and twice he lost rounds because he forgot about dudes capturing the zone and he went to revive a teammate.

He was not pleased with himself.

Bungie announced a ViDoc to drop tomorrow at 10 AM EST/7 AM PT

And (unsurprisingly) - whatever will happen to wrap up this current season, should happen at reset tomorrow

I have been watching Datto's first Last Wish Raid run

It is 24 hours long so obviously just in pieces (and I have seen all the highlights before - it just showed up in my recommendations and I have it as background noise)

Lord what an unlikeable group of people when together. It is giving me flashbacks (and @J.T. will know exactly what I mean)

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

I take it wasn't with his traveldanielle and Jez?

Nope - it was with other MATH class folks and let’s just say team chemistry isn’t their strong suit

• Like 1

Spent last night doing some Showdown as I realized that it would be the last chance to play the mode this season and I needed to finish the Seasonal Challenge.

Forgot how irritating it can be - at least with the matchmaking

In one match - the other team all instantly quit out so my squad had to wait around for the round to end doing nothing and then they repopulated with another team. Which is different than all the other modes which give you an instant win.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have been watching Datto's first Last Wish Raid run

It is 24 hours long so obviously just in pieces (and I have seen all the highlights before - it just showed up in my recommendations and I have it as background noise)

Lord what an unlikeable group of people when together. It is giving me flashbacks (and @J.T. will know exactly what I mean)

I think that Mis and Slimy are the only guys from that crew who are still on my Friends List.  The hell that was our first Vault of Glass raid will forever be etched in my memory, and I shitcanned a lot of those guys after we finished VoG.  The strange thing is that I have always managed to complete the raid while working with people I can barely stand. 

The small clan I ran before I quit D1 had a 50% success rate and we all got together really well.  I hooked up with the same people when I started playing D2 and *surprise* we could never get our shit together well enough to do Last Wish.  When it comes to raids, I think you probably need a dickhead or two to call the shots and goad everyone into tightening up when things get too casual.

I don't recall my Crota raid experience with a few of Mis's friends being that much better but again, we completed the raid and everyone got phat lewt.  The raid leader and the swordrunner were both assholes.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

In one match - the other team all instantly quit out so my squad had to wait around for the round to end doing nothing and then they repopulated with another team. Which is different than all the other modes which give you an instant win.

Yeah, that's bullshit.  If the other team taps out, you should get the forfeit.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Spent last night doing some Showdown as I realized that it would be the last chance to play the mode this season and I needed to finish the Seasonal Challenge.

Forgot how irritating it can be - at least with the matchmaking

Yeah, I made sure to knock that out early last week. It was all over the place in sucking or being ok.

HA!

People immediately started bitching YOU DIDN'T SHOW ENOUGH FOR HUNTERS!!!!!!

So much so that dmg had to Tweet that "Void Hunters will get some love soon"

• Haha 1

Hey, let's make a weapon that makes revive runs easy so that Void Invis Hunters have nothing to do during raids!  Like players need more reasons to exclude Hunter mains from endgame content.

While I am happy that Hunters are getting Suppressors, the fact that everyone will get Suppressors will be horrible for PvP.  

Edited by J.T.