DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

Slightly proud of myself as I finally solo'ed a Legendary Lost Sector

Not sure I am gonna wanna bang my head against trying Masters so I might spent a few weeks hoping the RNG gods are kind with the rare Exotic drop rate on Legendary

(Plus I am not doing them all - I did Empty Tank which was short and straight forward.)

• Like 1

Tried soloing Grasps of Avarice

Got all the way to the Ogre but I had to stop because it took forever to get there.

I really should have had a guide handy while doing it instead of my memory trying to teach me. I didn't realize how shitty the checkpoints were.

I tried to solo a bit of Grasps of Avarice a week or two back to see what I knew of the mechanics from what I caught in other vids. I did not get very far, mostly because of the dying and resets annoying me that late night when I have other shit to do.

I did realize though that the beginning is a useful spot for completing exotic catalysts. Only done Hard Light so far, but I think I may take the time to finally matserwork the other 5-10 exotics I never finished. Really wish I though of that when I was doing that for Arbalest. 

Edited by Eivion

Holy shit.   To re-install everything I uninstalled, it would take an hour and be close to 100 gigs.  In order to get up to specs, I'd have to spend another $170 for Beyond Light and 30 Anniversary / Witch Queen bundle and it would probably take an additional hour for all of that to install.

DO NOT WANT~!

These fuckers need to start from scratch and then make better decisions on game balance from now on.  These two things will not happen in my lifetime.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Isn't that all more or less the norm for installing stuff you are far behind on?

I hadn't really done the math on install time and cost analysis until now.  

Why are you spending $170?

$30 - $40 for Beyond Light (depending on where you look)

$100 for the Witch Queen/30th Anniversary Bundle

Don't believe the bullshit on Microsoft's store front about it being $70

Also - if you wait a couple of weeks, the Beyond Light price will probably drop more.

Of course - considering how much Stasis will probably enrage you, you might just want to buy only Witch Queen...

I figured that if I invested, I'd get it all from Microsoft Store and pay for the convenience of downloading everything in one large queue.  That would avoid the tedium of swapping discs every five seconds if I bought hard copy. 

If Beyond Light is not a pre-requisite installation, then the best thing would just be to buy the 30th Anniversary / Witch Queen bundle after Witch Queen launches.

I feel that my hatred of Uldren Crow will overpower my love for the Magnum sidearm and I will stay out of the game.  It would be my luck that I'd buy the bundle and return only for Bungo to vault the Magnum before I was high enough light to run Dares.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah its really weird that they aren't bundling Beyond Light and Witch Queen together

If you don't buy Beyond Light basically you won't have access to the story setting up Witch Queen and the Stasis subclasses. And, again, ironically between Crow being part of the story and Stasis being irritating (though not as bad as it used to be), your blood pressure might thank you.

It is worth it if you wait for a price drop - it is not worth it if they are still charging full freight even after Witch Queen comes out

It was noted in the other thread but it does seems to be appropriate to mention here that Sony just bought Bungie

Depending on the streamer - folks are either excited or panicked

I don't think D2 or D3 will be PS exclusives unless Bungie gets rid of crossplay.  Handing PS players exclusive (and probably broken) guns that they can use on XBox or PC players in PvP would be stupid.  AFAIK, you also can't have things like exclusive strikes when there is crossplay.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

AFAIK, you also can't have things like exclusive strikes when there is crossplay.

Technically you can because of the way crossplay is set up

I am trying to remember the specifics but at least in PvP - if say you are console player, you are only matched up against PC players if you are in a party that has at least one PC player, otherwise you stay in the console pool.

Plus - if a strike is PS only, no one else is going to be able to launch it but PS players and one would assume they wouldn't put it in the regular strike rotation list

Oh plus - you can choose whether to have cross play on or not so they could just make a strike not eligible for cross play

Anyway - here is the full breakdown

Matchmaking Overview
Cross Play matchmaking will vary depending on the activity type and the platform that players of a fireteam are accessing Destiny 2 from.

Competitive Matchmaking

Competitive game modes such as Gambit and Crucible playlists will be divided into two matchmaking pools, one for console players (PlayStation, Xbox, and Stadia) and one for PC players. If a console player joins a fireteam containing PC players (Steam, Microsoft Store), the fireteam will be matchmade into the PC player pool for the activity. Additionally, Trials of Osiris will require players to have Cross Play enabled to participate.

Non-Competitive Matchmaking

Non-competitive activities and game modes, such as Strikes and social spaces, will matchmake across all available platforms and will not be separated into distinct pools.
If Cross Play is turned off players will matchmake only with other players on their same platform who also have Cross Play disabled. 

The new weapons look nice though the hive focused exotics make it even more obvious we were likely supposed to be dealing with a new necrotic subclass originally. A part of me wants to see them admit it and put the element on the weapons (Thorn, Osteo Strigga, Parasite) even if we won't be dealing with the subclass for another year or so.

I am finally glancing at my Game Informer and they have a preview of Witch Queen

A couple of things I didn't know (or forgot)

- they are introducing a "Legendary" version of the campaign (more, harder enemies = greater rewards)

- the Glaive has a legendary and exotic version

- not only do some Hive have ghosts now, others will be infused with Light by moths that will seek out another Hive when you kill the first

- Hive ghosts have to be killed via Finisher so no more killing everything from a million miles away

I kind of appreciate that he just came and admitted there are too damn many of us regardless of what stress tests they run.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am finally glancing at my Game Informer and they have a preview of Witch Queen

A couple of things I didn't know (or forgot)

- they are introducing a "Legendary" version of the campaign (more, harder enemies = greater rewards)

- the Glaive has a legendary and exotic version

- not only do some Hive have ghosts now, others will be infused with Light by moths that will seek out another Hive when you kill the first

- Hive ghosts have to be killed via Finisher so no more killing everything from a million miles away

The legendary campaign stuff has been out for a while. The rest is new. Guessing the class based glaives are the exotic versions.

I see they want to make killing Hive guardians a bit of a pain. Hopefully we can actually kill the ghosts before we kill the Hive to make things a little more manageable.

Also looks like Arc and Solar 3.0 will roll out sometime during the rest of the year.

Edited by Eivion