DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I have no Scholar period so I just wanted it for the collection

Folks are still unsure is this is a Christmas treat of if Xur will now sell a Trials weapon every week (well at least till Witch Queen)

My money would be on Christmas present, although it sounds logical that they would maybe let players fill out their Collections from now until New Year's or Witch Queen.  There is no harm in selling weapons with junk rolls to encourage players to spend Strange Coins instead of hoarding them.

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have no Scholar period so I just wanted it for the collection

Folks are still unsure is this is a Christmas treat of if Xur will now sell a Trials weapon every week (well at least till Witch Queen)

20 hours ago, J.T. said:

My money would be on Christmas present, although it sounds logical that they would maybe let players fill out their Collections from now until New Year's or Witch Queen.  There is no harm in selling weapons with junk rolls to encourage players to spend Strange Coins instead of hoarding them.

I'm like RIPPA where I want it almost purely for the collection. I just picked up Whisper earlier this week for that exact reason. 

Its probably not just a Christmas gift. Way back when the season began Houndish did a vid revealing that Trials weapons that weren't available this season would be coming. It was just a matter of when. I'm guessing we only see it once each weapon before Witchqueen comes. Wondering if they do the same with the gear. I would probably wear none of it, but the collector in me want the option. Actually I take that back. I like the hunter's helm.

Strange Coins are actually for the 30th anniversary, and we give them with an astral horse.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, J.T. said:

Jesus, it is like an episode of Bar Rescue or Hoarders.  That video is an entire fucking hour.

So is the one with Mr Fruit.

The Mr. Fruit one is funny and sad as Datto called it the worst vault he had seen so far. Mainly because the amount of retired weapons with terrible roles that Fruit had was something

What I loved about that is that the video lasted nearly an hour and they still only got rid of 30 items. I got rid of 2-3 that much in half as much time, and I'm still hoarding a bunch of sunset shit because of my dumbass collectors mentality. I didn't even use half of it before it was sunset.

Did multiple failed GM runs for Lake of Shadows in my quest for an adept Palindrome and wanting to knock off another one on the seasonal quest list. Managed to hit success twice with last night and tonight. I now have Adept versions of the Palindrome and Swarm. Neither are ideal loadouts for me though not terrible either.

Will say that the strategies put out for these GMs always annoy me just a pinch. Youtubers keep talking about how fast everyone can knock them out not grasping they are not normal players. Normal players really need to get it in their heads they will not be able to rush through these the way those guys do. Its a GM. We have time to be careful, use it. FFS even as quick as guys like Aztec can run these things they don't seem to grasp that he and his fireteam actually fail them a good dozen or more times before they succeed.

Also realizing that I really like Outbreak Perfected and am annoyed with myself for not getting it and its catalyst before the original quest was vaulted. It feels so much better than nearly every other pulse rifle in the game.

• Like 1

Both Mara Junot (Ikora) and Debra Wilson (Savathun) sound perfect.  I keep forgetting that Debra Wilson has also done voice work for Disney cartoons and used to be on MadTV.

I am glad I am not tempted to re-install.  I have been gone so long that I have no idea what is happening and will continue to embrace ignorance.

Well what is really awkward is that they are promoting Witch Queen with these videos but because of the delay - we haven't wrapped up the story for this current season.

So we still haven't done the ritual to remove the worm from Savathun yet (which we all know is going to go horribly horribly wrong)

It is like promoting Season 2 of a TV show but Season 1 hasn't finished airing yet

The Throneworld teaser was nice. The new Ikora voice actor keeps improving which is good to hear. She sounded off at the beginning (might have been purposeful scrambling) and then completely like Gina Torres in the rest of the vid. Really digging Savathun so far. 

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well what is really awkward is that they are promoting Witch Queen with these videos but because of the delay - we haven't wrapped up the story for this current season.

So we still haven't done the ritual to remove the worm from Savathun yet (which we all know is going to go horribly horribly wrong)

It is like promoting Season 2 of a TV show but Season 1 hasn't finished airing yet

To be fair we are basically one scene away from being done so its not as  bad as it could be. Still I hope it finishes sooner than later. I feel like either Petra or Mara is biting it when all goes wrong.

Edited by Eivion

I liked Mars, just got tired of seeing it eventually. I don't remember much about Mercury.

I don't see either coming back yet. I would be surprised if we see any worlds outside of Savathun's Throneworld. If we see any Mercury or Mars action it will be something small and curated opposed to entire planets.

Mercury had the infinite forest - that is why it was hated. (Plus originally not being able to use a sparrow there).

I was indifferent towards Mars outside of the way they handled loot drops in Escalation Protocols

Now the question of why is probably primarily asset size since they definitely take up less than say bringing back Io.

They have directly referenced Mars is the Witch Queen trailers and in the lore surrounding Savathun now. It is more likely that the Throne Room will somehow be tied to Mars but maybe the whole planet doesn’t return. There is also the fact that they still haven’t wrapped up Ana Bray and Rasputin yet - so you can use a new Mars to tie into that.

Mercury teases can just be the Raid Secrets making a mistake trying to figure out clues from the new video

I'm dying... Fallout did a reaction video to the trailer and like 30 seconds in he just goes "Oh God Dammit - SOMEONE GET BYF ON THE PHONE!" since the chat was yelling at him for not remembering deep Hive lore

• Haha 1

I figured they would but it is nice to hear the confirmation.  I personally was curious about whether or not there would be some FOMO bullshittery with the 30th AV content once Witch Queen dropped.  It also makes sense that Bungie would not leave money on the table and wouldn't vault 30th AV content so that they could continue to sell DLCs.

Edited by J.T.

I didn't think the 30th anniversary content was going anywhere anytime soon. In general I'm thinking they want DLC to last at least six months, but beyond that that everything with the 30th anniversary is either something small and curated or tied to an area they probably don't intend to vaulted for a while.

The TWAB reveal of Witchqueen info was interesting. Anti-barrier scout riles returning is nice. I forgot anti-barrier bow was ever a thing and want no part of it. Overload auto-rifles and SMGs will supposedly be better this time around. The new glaive will be the super Unstoppable weapon next season.

Not fond of orb generation getting moved to armor mods (specifically helmet). Would have rather that been on the legs or just stayed a perk of masterworked weapons. Bungie being slow as fuck to add catalysts for exotics is a bs excuse for making the change, especially when we know they purposely keep holding back exotic catalysts for weapons. We've known about Malfeasance's damn catalyst for two years now and not seen it in game, why exactly? It does explain why the master dungeon's armors come with an extra slow for artefact mods. 

Everyone is pissed about the orb generation thing - but more with (as per usual) the way they are being all TRUST US!!! YOU WONT COMPLAIN WHEN WE TELL YOU ABOUT OTHER CHANGES (like DMG was in Fallout's Twitch Stream when he was reading the TWIB and was all DON'T PANIC!)

I am happy about being able to unlock more mods on the Artifact