DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

Interesting little discussion that started to bubble up as Beyond Light will be leaving Game Pass (Forsaken will be added until Witch Queen since that content is getting vaulted)

The date it is getting removed is Dec 9... the day Halo Infinite releases

So there are two camps - the Bungie are cheap fucks and screwing over the fans by removing Beyond Light from Game Pass and the camp that think the ask came directly from Microsoft to clear out competition since Halo is so important for them.

Again - this is what happens when Witch Queen doesn't drop until February and you are asking a pretty penny for the Anniversary event

• 2 weeks later...

This is the content I crave

Basically Datto goes through Fallout's vault and vice versa

And someone who hoarded EVERYTHING - I know what I am watching this afternoon

• Like 1

For me - which Datto's brings up at the beginning of his video - it has always been the WELL WHAT IF I NEED THIS THING IN 5 YEARS BECAUSE BUNGIE RANDOMLY DECIDES TO BUFF IT~!

Or like the random shit like the toothbrush

Now these folks have just been hoarding good rolls of weapons they might think they will need

Holy Shit - they just need to @ me next time

Since they are talking about half of the shit Datto still has floating around is because he doesn't want to give up his kill count on the weapon

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Holy Shit - they just need to @ me next time

Since they are talking about half of the shit Datto still has floating around is because he doesn't want to give up his kill count on the weapon

Guity as charged.  The very reason I have never shredded my PvP Pinnacle Weapons that have Crucible counters.

I was pretty good about getting rid of weapons and armor, but I will grudgingly admit that I was totally afraid of shredding widgets like the toothbrush and the ramen coupon.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - I know I would have a lot more space if I dumped all the armor I still have floating around.

And I know I can dump it all. Bungie even said you could.

I just have to battle the "but what if???" voice in my head

• Like 1

Okay, so what's with this annoying campaign to un-sunset The Rose?  The Rose was just a placeholder for the Lumina exotic weapon quest.  Are there idiots running around with Rose that have never completed Lumina, or are the just pulling it from their archives for general use?

From what I can recall, Rose wasn't an entirely horrible HC, but aren't there a metric fuckton of HC's that are better than Rose?

Edited by J.T.

I think it is just a small group trying to be different

I legit hadn't heard about it until you said something.

The ONLY thing I can think of is it probably came up as all the streamers are doing the aforementioned vault cleanouts and it definitely came up in the Datto/Fallout streams since one of them still had it

I mean I guess if you only started playing with Beyond Light then you would never be able to get it (And I don't think you can buy it from the vendor at the Tower) so that might be why - especially for the hardcore collectors.

I remember Rose being okay in PvP during the Crucible kills part of the Lumina quest, but there was nothing about it that would make me want to use it as a regular weapon.  If you haven't completed Lumina by now, you probably won't and with Witch-Queen on the way there are bound to be better items on the horizon.

I'm glad that I was never that hardcore of a collector.  I survived perfectly fine without ever owning One Thousand Voices, Divinity, or Anarchy.

The more I lurk the D2 forums, the happier I am that I quit.

Edited by J.T.

21 hours ago, J.T. said:

The more I lurk the D2 forums, the happier I am that I quit.

Why the fuck did you still look at the forums? I play regularly and never do that.

I mean I am convinced most of the people who post their stop playing the game and just want to bitch for the sake of bitching

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Why the fuck did you still look at the forums? I play regularly and never do that.

I don't post there, but it's as good a place as any to get a feel for the current state of the game.   Every now and again I get the insane urge to reinstall and the forums bring me back to reality.

I'm still debating whether or not I am coming back after Witch Queen launches.  Right now, signs point to no.

Edited by J.T.

Speaking of Witch Queen - I went ahead and bought the 30th Anniversary/Witch Queen Deluxe pack today because I am a fucking mark.

When Witch Queen drops it is gonna be a completely different game for everyone so honestly any preconceived ideas need to be thrown out until we all learn what the fuck is going on. (This is due to the complete overhaul of all the subclasses)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of Witch Queen - I went ahead and bought the 30th Anniversary/Witch Queen Deluxe pack today because I am a fucking mark.

When Witch Queen drops it is gonna be a completely different game for everyone so honestly any preconceived ideas need to be thrown out until we all learn what the fuck is going on. (This is due to the complete overhaul of all the subclasses)

Yeah, I figure the best time to return if I ever do would be after Witch Queen, assuming that Gally isn't completely broken.  By then, sub-classes might be overhauled, broken weapons would sunset, and maybe PvP will get fixed.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I figure the best time to return if I ever do would be after Witch Queen, assuming that Gally isn't completely broken.  By then, sub-classes might be overhauled, broken weapons would sunset, and maybe PvP will get fixed.

Well PvP being fixed is going hand and hand with the subclass overhaul since they finally have figured out how to adjust each power individually (and for just PvP or PvE). Them trying to push PvP back to being weapon focused should be music to your ears but I don't expect it to not be broken in some other way.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well PvP being fixed is going hand and hand with the subclass overhaul since they finally have figured out how to adjust each power individually (and for just PvP or PvE). Them trying to push PvP back to being weapon focused should be music to your ears but I don't expect it to not be broken in some other way.

If they are going to make PvP more weapon focused, they need to make a better effort of balancing weapon classes.  Otherwise it will just devolve into the same problems we had with gun meta over the years.  

I'm cool with powers being adjusted only if Supers are the only things that can counter other Supers.   I think the failed experiment with Stasis where abilities could neutralize Supers taught everyone a lot, and now everyone should appreciate just how long a second really lasts in PvP thanks to bullshit freezing powers.

If I come back, they need to purge the old Codex and Triumphs so I am not reminded of the lore entries I never unlocked or the fact that I never found anyone to carry me through Last Wish to destroy those last few Ahamkara eggs.   

I am proud / ashamed to say that even though I haven't played in months, I still remember how to navigate Shattered Throne.   Ascendant Realm was my second home for a while.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - I mean Xur cracking one liners was not what I expected.

I have done two runs of Dares and went the Shaw to get the Galley quest - clearly I will need to LFG for that dungeon

Didn't realize that IB was happening this week too