DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I hear that they are bringing back Vostok as a Crucible map.  I got one of my We Ran Out of Medals medals on Vostok with the Jade Rabbit while I was chasing the RTK.

Vostok AND Eternity

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Vostok AND Eternity

Part of the plan to address shotgun zergers with proper large maps I take it.  It's hard to believe that Bungie is the same company that came up with Halo multiplayer.  Why is getting PvP right in D2 proving to be so difficult?

Edited by J.T.

Bungie sent me an update of my Year in Review with my top three exotics. Said exotics were more lifetime focused. The three were Sunshot, Malfeasance, and Ace of Spades. What makes this amusing to me is that I barely used Ace and Sunshot this past year. Malfeasance saw some use this past season, but not a super amount. Its kind of sad they are still my top exotics. At the same time I do love hand cannons so it makes some sense. 

Also going off of the 53K+ kills for Sunshot I feels its safe to say no other exotic is taking the top spot, especially since I will probably use it during Witch Queen.

Edited by Eivion

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Bungie sent me an update of my Year in Review with my top three exotics. Said exotics were more lifetime focused. The three were Sunshot, Malfeasance, and Ace of Spades.

Yeah Ace and Sunshot were two of mine too with Graviton Lance being my third

The irony is that I still haven't finished the GL catalyst - though I am super excited to start using it again with Void 3.0

Ace I use in Trials and IB still so that's not surprising.

I used to LOVE Sunshot and recently completed the catalyst. When Solar 3.0 rolls around I am definitely going back to it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah Ace and Sunshot were two of mine too with Graviton Lance being my third

The irony is that I still haven't finished the GL catalyst - though I am super excited to start using it again with Void 3.0

Ace I use in Trials and IB still so that's not surprising.

I used to LOVE Sunshot and recently completed the catalyst. When Solar 3.0 rolls around I am definitely going back to it

I finished the GL catalyst last month. GoA's first part is quite useful for catalyst grinding, especially that one.

I don't think you even need to wait for Solar 3.0 with the exotic buffs for higher difficulty content.

Unlocked Stasis on my Warlock

It would be nice if I could unlock all the aspects and abilities before WQ since I doubt I will go back to my Warlock for a couple of months once WQ starts. However - I already know that there is one aspect that is tied to doing Heroic Braytech simulation shit so... yeah... that is going to sit for awhile.

Randomly doing bits and pieces of the old story content - a lot of it I won't finish since all the activities go away with WQ (well except Battlegrounds which is being rolled into strikes). I am not even bothering to do the Crow quest line.

Also by accident - I picked up the Chaperone quest line again so since I am doing IB anyway... back to getting Shotgun kills. (Though I think they must have tweaked it because I don't remember being able to also play Gambit to get the kills too.)

• Like 1

Played Iron Banner for the first time and got through it enough to get three out of four bounties done. I didn't ask if the tokens you earn go away after it's over so I spent about 3 or 4 levels worth. I am glad I did. The multimach smg is awesome and I didn't even get that good of a roll. Peacebond is interesting as well but I need to work with that one a bit.

I also managed to get the catalysts for lorentz driver, cryothesia 77k, black talon, darci sniper, and lord of wolves so I have plenty to do. Cryothesia is the best gambit weapon I've found. Are any of the other four worth using after I finish?

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

Tried doing GoA 2-3 times earlier but had to leave due to getting frustrated. At least one of those guys never checked back on LFG to notice we had a third available so we kept trying to two-man the boss which is a dumbasss idea even if possible. Leave that type of shit to Esoterickk.

I just ran a successful one right now though that was very fulfilling since I think it was a no mic lead through of two guys running their first GoA. At least the team leader was. The second seemed more familiar but still surprised as I showed them both where the extra chests and half of the triumph bottles were. I was called in angel in text chat at the end.

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

Played Iron Banner for the first time and got through it enough to get three out of four bounties done. I didn't ask if the tokens you earn go away after it's over so I spent about 3 or 4 levels worth. I am glad I did. The multimach smg is awesome and I didn't even get that good of a roll. Peacebond is interesting as well but I need to work with that one a bit.

IB tokens transfer over season so its always a good idea to keep some so you can have a chance at rolling some of the new IB weapons immediately next time it comes around. The Multimach is one of the ones going away Tuesday though so congrats

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

I also managed to get the catalysts for lorentz driver, cryothesia 77k, black talon, and lord of wolves so I have plenty to do. Cryothesia is the best gambit weapon I've found. Are any of the other three worth using after I finish?

Black Talon's power attack is similar to the caster swords in Sola's Scar and Temptation's Hook. Its void, easier to use, and does a nice bit of damage when charged up. Its probably better off in lower level activities and maybe legendary difficulties when used. I love the thing, but I have used it less the past 2-3 seasons as they have grown the amount and style of swords we have. With swords it really does depend on how you want to use it.

Lorentz Driver is pretty good in PvE and PvP. It was getting so good they have had to give it a minor nerf in PvP to balance it out. Its explosion is ridiculously strong in PvP and has maybe a bit too much range in its pull ability. Only reason its not seeing much use in harder activities on the PvE side right now is due to Arbalest getting anti-barrier. Before then plenty were using it.

Lord of Wolves has been a beast in PvP on occasion, but not much else. I think I masterworked it, but that was more the completionist in me. Not a big fan of shotguns in general so I usually leave them alone.

Cryothesia is actually rather hated. For many Headstone weapons work better since you can make the perk synergize with your Stasis abilities.  That said, I want to say skilled players do well with it in PvP.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Did one more run of GOA tonight via LFG. It was surprisingly one of the best runs I've had. Managed to get the Gjallarhorn catalyst. Finally found an Eyesluna with Headstone. I didn't die more than once or twice. Did the sparrow/mine race in one go. And we finished up in around half an hour. All with a team of Stasis Hunters which is one of the worst combos you could probably run (best to have at least one void for invis).

With this I pretty much have no reason to turn on the game until Tuesday save for testing things out.

IB Tokens are going away at the start of Season 17 so you get one more season with them (Season 17 is when IB is getting its reward rework like Trials and Gambit)

Lorentz Driver is also getting "nerfed" because of particle deconstruction going away too

Eivion forgot the best part of Lord of Wolves. It was really popular at the start of D2 so they tried to nerf it. The problem was that the nerf made it horribly broken in PvP, so much so that every single person was using it and Bungie just kinda embraced it for a couple of weeks before fixing it (Same with Prometheus Lens - they actually gave out special emblems if you played during either of these Meta times)

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Eivion forgot the best part of Lord of Wolves. It was really popular at the start of D2 so they tried to nerf it. The problem was that the nerf made it horribly broken in PvP, so much so that every single person was using it and Bungie just kinda embraced it for a couple of weeks before fixing it (Same with Prometheus Lens - they actually gave out special emblems if you played during either of these Meta times)

I actually didn't play D2 the first few months it was out so I missed the fun/terribleness?

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

I actually didn't play D2 the first few months it was out so I missed the fun/terribleness?

The weekend they offered the emblem (because you had to play IB during a specific weekend) was really fun because it was honestly a better version of Team Scorched (only using one weapon but you did have to watch your ammo and you could use supers)

All other times it was a nightmare if you didn't embrace it. I enjoyed it more than say JT did because if I remember correctly, Titans definitely had it even better because for some reason I am forgetting - it was easier for Titans to get Release the Wolves going.

(I should note that the issue was that for some reason when they were trying to nerf it - they ended up doubling the range and power on Release the Wolves. So you had this Shotgun that had the range of like a Hand Cannon)

I think it is part of the reason why a lot of folks think Bungie is crazy for buffing Tarrabah next season. Because Ravenous Beast is already borderline broken. I guess the big thing is folks only have Tarrabah if they did the raid or where able to buy spoils. Lord of Wolves - everyone and their mother had it.

• Like 1

More questions!

- Will WQ download while I sleep or do I have to manually do it and ow bad will servers be when it launches?

- Get artifact first before turning in bounties or it doesn't matter?

- I got my highest stat gear drop (67) and my highest single category (30 intellect, 64 overall) yesterday. How do you guys decide which items to upgrade at first?

- Can you recommend which void tree to level with for each class?

And yes I do goggle a lot of the questions I ask but sometimes answers conflict or I can't always find exactly the answer I need.

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

More questions!

- Will WQ download while I sleep or do I have to manually do it and ow bad will servers be when it launches?

- Get artifact first before turning in bounties or it doesn't matter?

- I got my highest stat gear drop (67) and my highest single category (30 intellect, 64 overall) yesterday. How do you guys decide which items to upgrade at first?

- Can you recommend which void tree to level with for each class?

Okay

- WQ should pre-install tonight. The Bungie notes said pre-installs will start at 10 PM EST/7 PM PST. You do need to make sure you machine is set to auto-install (instead of you having to manually start it). There will be queues to play tomorrow - Bungie is already warning people. They said they had a over million pre-orders and that was a couple of weeks ago. I know a lot of folks were of the mindset that Wednesday is the better day to "take off" since things should start to ease up. 

- You don't have to wait to get your artifact to cash in bounties but it is more efficient - if you don't wait the XP just goes to your Season Pass. If you wait, it goes to both your Season Pass AND artifact.

- Regarding stats... it really depends on what character you are playing and how you like to play. Like since I am a Titan main - I could give a fuck all about Mobility. If you aren't using Destiny Inventory Manager (DIM) - https://destinyitemmanager.com/en/ - I highly recommend it. It allows you to look at ALL your equipment and build the best armor sets based on the stats you want (and save multiple sets since folks want a build for PvP and PvE and maybe one just for high level activities, etc...)

Now that all being said - don't worry about leveling anything until you hit the soft cap for the new season. No reason to waste resources yet. This is one time of year folks don't mind blue drops.

- With Void 3.0 - it is really tough to say since you will be able to mix and match more, plus they have changed how so many things work. Like with a Titan - they split out the shield throw from the Super. And they change how Ward of Dawn works, etc... So until playing the new version - it would be tough to say. I would say just stick with whatever seems the most fun for you.

I didn't realize they weren't shutting things down to almost 10 PM (EST) tonight so I guess I will be able to get a few more things done

Completed the initial Beyond Light stuff with my Warlock and now have to start doing simulations so that is probably gonna be a pass for now

Forgot about needing all these fucking precision final blows in Gambit/Crucible for the Chaperone

Already went to the Tangled Shore for a final visit. Fuck off Spider - you deserve everything you are gonna get

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic