DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I don't even play anymore and I know that's a horrible idea.  Mod slots are too valuable to waste on something that Supers, Exotic weapons, or Masterworked weapons should be doing.  I suppose the plan is to reel in orb production via mods and the nerf to Super cooldowns to limit the number of times players can chain supers or receive enhanced offense or defense from mods that raise damage protection or lower ability cooldowns after absorbing an orb.

They are trying to make content more challenging by nerfing player power creep.  This wouldn't have been necessary if they had playtested their shit in the first place.

Edited by J.T.

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

The sad thing is I care less about orb production for super cooldowns and more for health regen and charged with light. 

Being a former Hunter main, that was also my set-up.  I also tried to have at least one orb mod for Super regen because I often ran Spectral Blades in Comp and the cooldown was already shit to begin with.  I needed all the help I could get.

Why force players to sacrifice a helmet mod slot?  Why not add a mod slot to your Ghost and use that for orb production?  Ghost is an extension of the Traveler FFS.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

So a new vid from Aztec speculates that the orb change might be a hints towards a Weapons 3.0 situation on the horizon. More to the point supposedly the orb tie in to weapons might have taken up too much memory on weapons and is the biggest reason they didn't evolve much perks wise. If true I'm a lot more forgiving about the change though it would have been nice if they had come out and said that up front.

• Like 1

That was fun. Also caught a vid of Aztec using all of his gunsmith data to try and get a godroll Annual Skate. 50K+ and he found nothing. Its only only at his last 400 or so someone asks him what if they use that for weapon crafting and it hits him he may have just fucked up.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Everyone being bored and having to fill time is the best thing that happened to this game in a long time

Yeah it takes a lot of effort not to look like a gimp in D2.  The armor for all classes is so awful.

Ornaments were the best thing to happen to the game.  The Luxe complete ornament set was the best thing I ever spend Bright Dust on.

It's funny how they noticed that some of those people were doing deliberately stupid things just to get a shout out while getting roasted.

Edited by J.T.

DMG tweeted a tease for the TWIB and one of the things he said which has people the most excited is changes to blue drops (everyone is hoping is it mean auto dismantle)

On 1/17/2022 at 5:40 PM, Eivion said:

That was fun. Also caught a vid of Aztec using all of his gunsmith data to try and get a godroll Annual Skate. 50K+ and he found nothing. Its only only at his last 400 or so someone asks him what if they use that for weapon crafting and it hits him he may have just fucked up.

It looks like Aztec is safe as in that same tease I just mentioned DMG said, and I quote, "spend your gunsmith mats"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

DMG tweeted a tease for the TWIB and one of the things he said which has people the most excited is changes to blue drops (everyone is hoping is it mean auto dismantle)

They better put that shit on a toggle.  Only grinders that already have purple want to auto dismantle blues.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

They better put that shit on a toggle.  Only grinders that already have purple want to auto dismantle blues.

Which is 99.9% of the player base

Only New Lights want blues and only till they get purple

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Which is 99.9% of the player base

Only New Lights want blues and only till they get purple

What is the New Light demographic?  I suppose it's small enough that the rest of the community is making decisions for them, but I'd still resent that a little.

Auto dismantling blues is stupid.  At some point in the game you shouldn't even be getting blues at all as rewards, but Bungie is dumb and has retarded database admins.

Edited by J.T.

While I agree it shouldn't give you blues at a certain point - I am assuming that is something that will never happen until Destiny 3 (as I doubt it is something that could be fixed in now)

Auto dismantling blues is the next best thing (And yes - I am sure it will be an option you can turn on and off)

The apparent elimination of gunsmith materials would seem to lean in that direction too

I am a new light Warlock who really enjoys the game. I liked the game enough to get all the content so there's a lot for me to do. I didn't play the original Destiny so to understand the story, YouTube has been my friend.

Gambit is fine now that I understand how to play. I like the difference between strikes and lost sectors. I have not tried the pvp mode yet or raids because I needed to learn how to gear for them. Jumping puzzles can kiss my ass though. Also who thought it was a good idea to just throw you into Dares of Eternity with no warning. It's a fun game mode but weird decision making there.

Being able to solo the strike that you do to get Malfeasance is one of my proudest gaming moments. That thing was very hard but I made it. I've come a long way in three weeks. Looking forward to Witch Queen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

Also who thought it was a good idea to just throw you into Dares of Eternity with no warning. It's a fun game mode but weird decision making there.

Its been the norm to throw us into the new seasonal content as a first mission for a year or so now at least. Not sure how they fucked up with Dares so bad as this has been the first time it went so badly. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I really need to find a LFG to get Gally but I want to get a mic first.

I keep forgetting that I didn't buy one the moment I got my Series X

I need to do the dungeon and Gally quest as well. Every time I'm up for it its late night, and I realize don't want to spend that long trying to beat a dungeon at that time.

50 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Its been the norm to throw us into the new seasonal content as a first mission for a year or so now at least. Not sure how they fucked up with Dares so bad as this has been the first time it went so badly. 

Because it was mid season when everyone was already at max level (relatively speaking) and have no champion mods

Normally at the start of a season - everyone is in the same boat so match making isn't so bad. (Obviously assuming you are doing it within the first few days of starting a season). Plus since you normally unlock the artifact after the first activity, there aren't Champions (at least your first time)

Here - everyone was so far beyond the recommended light level of Dares that New Lights were being matched basically only with other New Lights. So when everyone is 50 LL under the mission recommendation AND have no Champion mods - poor poor New Lights

And it was clear not a single person at Bungie thought about New Lights when making the decision

• Like 1

Big meaty TWAB

All changes are for Witch Queen or beyond

• Floor being raised to 1350
  • Soft Cap - 1500
  • Power Cap - 1550
  • Hard Cap - 1560

All players will be adjusted somewhere on that spectrum based on their level heading into Witch Queen

When players hit the soft cap (1500) they will stop receiving blue drops from activities. Instead it they will see a slight increase in legendary drops or a small amount of legendary shards. Enemies and chests will still drop blues. They are going to continue to "think about the future of rare drops (aka Blues)" but don't expect anymore changes at least for a few more season

Banshee will have his reputation rank reworked like the other vendors. They confirmed that you should spend all gunsmith materials before Witch Queen. They will also eliminate Mod Components. Armor mods will now just cost a flat 10K in glimmer. 

Master Rahool will take over for Spyder as the material exchange place. You also will now be able to breakdown Umbral Engrams at Rahool for World Drops instead of having to go to the HELM. (You will still need to go to the HELM for focusing)

They confirmed that eventually Gambit will be getting reworked but more info on that is too come.

Harbinger and Presage will both be removed from the game. HOWEVER, Xur will now sell a random roll of each weapon (Hawkmoon and Dead Man's Tale) each week (the price is on the hearty side). In addition, the catalyst for Hawkmoon, DMT and Ager's Scepter will be added to the potential drops at activities end. Along with those - they are adding the catalysts for Outbreak, Whisper and 4th Horseman to the drop pool too. (Side Note - Fallout was saying in his stream that he STILL hasn't gotten the catalyst for Ager's Scepter - partly because he stopped even trying for it).

The Witch Queen raid will be March 5 (two weeks after Witch Queen drops). Also no Trials in Witch Queen until after the raid happens.

There will be one more Iron Banner this season and it will be the very last week of the season.

Did Grasp of Avarice last night. I like it. Its a lot more simple than Prophecy in design, but I dug the traps and puzzle nature of it. The two boss battles were pretty decent as well with easy to understand mechanics and solid difficulty. I assume the Master difficulty will annoy the shit out of me later, but I like it for now and kind of want to run it again now that i know how to do everything.

Completed the quest for Gjallarhorn later in the night/morning. Its a fun weapon though I oddly still prefer my swords.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1