DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

45 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You guys probably know this already but Forbes clickbait journalist, Paul Tassi, threw his hat into the YouTube content creator ring about a year ago and is making Destiny 2 videos. 

Yeah - I watched like one or two and they are just as boring as his articles

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Poor poor Aztecross

It took him 32 Alignment runs to get the catalyst (Datto got it in 11)

And you have the nerve to get on me about slugging through 2077 when stuff like this still goes on in D2.

If I were still playing D2, I'd be complaining about game mechanics and the meta plot in XBox Live Chat all of the time.   Isn't it preferable that I suffer in silence with 2077 rather than spend money on D2 season passes and wallowing in self loathing?

Edited by J.T.

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is more fun when you have folks to bitch with

Of course you didn't complain when you got your gjallarhorn months before everyone else ?

But my shouts of rage when Uldren got a Ghost could be heard from miles away.

If I continued to play this game, I'd have moments of seething anger every time I fired up my XBox.  They killed off Sugira, for fuck's sake.

GRAHHHHHHHHHH~!!!

Edited by J.T.

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - there is a chance we will be putting a bullet in Uldren again

I cannot come back.  My PPV game must be unbelievably rusty by now and I know that everyone else being really good at Stasis will infuriate me.  The only way I see myself returning to active duty is if Beyond Light scraps Stasis. 

I will have an easier time getting back up to snuff if everyone is pretty much on the same side of the learning curve.

*looks at the length of the current season*

Holy shit, this fucking thing lasts until next February.   Now would be as good of a time as any to get back in, but getting good at Stasis would probably destroy my soul. 

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Holy shit, this fucking thing lasts until next February.   Now would be as good of a time as any to get back in, but getting good at Stasis would probably destroy my soul. 

Yeah - the price of them delaying Witch Queen that long

The general consensus as to why the 30th Anniversary thing in Nov costs so much is to help cover the lost cost of not having a season starting then

If I am being truly honest - if you were coming back - do it at the start of Witch Queen. New Year is more logical starting part than new season. 

Plus - if they make Uldren/Crow the new Hunter Vanguard you wouldn't have started playing just to get burned again

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Plus - if they make Uldren/Crow the new Hunter Vanguard you wouldn't have started playing just to get burned again

We will not even entertain how wrong that is.  I would rant for hours on end.

If I am being honest with myself, then Crow should be the Hunter Vanguard since he fulfilled Cayde's dare and killed him, but "Crow" wasn't a Guardian at the time of Cayde's death which is why we get should get to keep the Ace of Spades. 

Edited by J.T.

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay Trials Labs is really stupid but sweeping a three stack from what I am gonna tell myself is the Ring of Honor clan felt oh so good (Their tag is RoH)

Jay Lethal:  WE'RE BEING FLANKED~!

Matt Taven:  From where? Oh.....  

Quinn McKay:  U R AWFUL, MATT~! DRINK BLEACH AND KILL URSELF~!

I've been on the winning side of quite a few Freelancers vs. 3-Stack PvP wars and there aren't many things that feel better than getting a win against a dedicated team, especially if your freelancers aren't coordinating through in-game free chat.  A lot of the friends I made during my solo running days came by way of us indie pup stomping a coordinated fireteam in Comp.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah, I can't come back.  I used to love playing Gambit and it breaks my heart that meta assholes have broken the game mode.  I never cleared my Vault, so I must still have four complete sets of Gambit armor sitting there gathering virtual dust.

Edited by J.T.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:25 PM, RIPPA said:

Fallout just dropped one of his "50 Games Of..." videos and he did 50 solo games of Trials.

He actually managed to go Flawless during it - though he admitted he hated himself because he had to rely on Shatter Dive so much

Here is Sweatcicle's saga of self loathing as he freezes his way to 5500 in Comp as a Warlock.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I can't come back.  I used to love playing Gambit and it breaks my heart that meta assholes have broken the game mode.  I never cleared my Vault, so I must still have four complete sets of Gambit armor sitting there gathering virtual dust.

Yeah - you might be one of like a dozen people who loved Gambit.

Now - it is basically the mode everyone is begging them to take out of the game. (It doesn't help that there hasn't been a new map in like 2 years)

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Now - it is basically the mode everyone is begging them to take out of the game. (It doesn't help that there hasn't been a new map in like 2 years)

Gambit was fine when it first started and it was like a chess match.  Now that broken weapons and classes have fucked things up, it is an abysmal shambles.

I actually enjoyed faming Gambit armor through The Reckoning.  I was also a damn good Invader before Truth totally ruined the game mode. 

I can only imagine how Gally 2.0 will break shit.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Gambit was fine when it first started and it was like a chess match.  Now that broken weapons and classes have fucked things up, it is an abysmal shambles.

It really is just weapons at this point. The classes are fine, but so many weapons make it far to easy for invaders to wipe out teams.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I just want new maps. I don't hate the mode though I don't love it anywhere near as much as I used to due to how broken it has become.

I hate to wait till today to get my 7th win - trying to do it before the flawless pool started was infuriating

Just match after match of 3 stacks getting their flawless against me

I spent a couple of hours doing Presage, Harbinger, Trials, and Gambit for pinnacles. I just need a class item and heavy weapon to hit max power.

Presage was the worst run I have had in quite some time with one guy clearly not knowing what to do. The other team mate was pretty pissed as he entered the mic just to complain about how poorly it was going. Can't say I blame him. 

Trials was Trials. I've won 3 matches so far, but fuck was I running into a shit ton of 3-stacks. You would think late night/early morning wouldn't be as bad, but no, it was pretty damn bad. Was particularly annoying whenever I got paired with idiots who didn't know when to run, revive or do defensive play in general. I mean when you have control as an option to win you should kind of try to use it. Lost several rounds and matches in general because one guy had to try and go it alone instead of playing it safe and reviving a team mate. Hopefully things go better today.

Edited by Eivion

Yeah I got teamed with a lot of folks who seemed to have no idea that there were rules changes for Trials this week

I got my 7th win in my first match today.

I might try to get another win in the hopes of finishing off the armor set but I am not stressing about it.

If they are gonna do the capture again they really need to adjust where the capture spawns - teams up big throwing a round just so the next round started with the capture are their end was definitely a big thing

• Like 1