DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I saw Aztec's vid about it right before I did mine. I can see that to a degree, especially with the tanks and boss rooms. Still, I have trouble buying its worse than a Grandmaster of the Europa strike.

Datto's thoughts were basically around because of how it has so little cover and what cover there is doesn't really help due to holes in the wall, the 2 billion grenades and missile fire that has wicked splash damage.

Not to mention that technically - it is RNG on what shields some of the enemies are going to have.

• Like 1

Been hitting up Bungie's LFG the past couple of weeks. There are way the hell more people on it than reddit and its far quicker at getting people to join. At the same time it does feel less personal oddly enough. Also kind of sucks that PS5 and PS4 players seemingly can't be joined easily from there. We have to actually find people via the network and add them from there.

Anyway due to that I've actually done the Hawkmoon mission a few more times and am close to gettign the ship from that quest. Also did a couple legend Nightfalls the past two weeks and a master Empire Hunt earlier tonight. As a result I am the closest I have ever been to ending a season on max power. I am at 1330 due to the artifact, but I have a 1310 piece on all of my gear except the heavy weapon. Fingers crossed I get something from IB or the weeklies after tomorrow's reset.

The problem on the XBOX side is like 95% of them are for the same things AND are always KWYD

Not like I am really looking to raid because I don't have that time - but it is really frustrating when folks don't want to teach or are looking for folks with specific checkpoints.

I have been spending WAY too much time playing Gambit. I think I still have to kill like 20 more envoys and need 1 to 2 more ranks.

I really never want to play this mode ever again

Huh, interesting. On the PS side there is a good amount of variety though during the weekend there are tons of Trials requests.

The seasonal challenges for Gambit, Crucible, & IB really make you want to do none of them again. Those should have been retroactive. 

Did Presage with some LFG randos at the end of the night and lucked out in getting the heavy 1310 weapon I needed. I am now officially max power. I officially no longer have to give a fuck about pinnacle rewards.

Also said what the hell and did an Empire Hunt to finally start working on the last Bounty I have from Europa where you need to wear four pieces of Crystocren Gear and kill champions. Ended up getting Cloudstrike finally as a result so that was a nice way to end the night.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

What a load of horse shit.  If I weren't already out of the game, this would be the season that I quit.

Just wait till we tell you when Saladin because the big bad we have to fight

Played one Mayhem match and realized how shit the servers were going to be so decided to not attempt IB.

Stuck with strikes instead.

For the first time in FOREVER - got stuck with two dudes who refused to do objectives in a strike. It was Insight Terminus and the fuckers didn't do fucking anything.

I had to do both charges myself and every single plate by myself.

One dude MIGHT have been new - because he was only at 9 Season Rank. But still.

They clearly didn't pay attention to the modifiers because one dude constantly jumped and instantly died.

I had over 200 kills while one of those fuckers had less than 40 (despite being in the strike the whole time)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/wpnornsurvey

Voting for which exotic will get a new ornament early next year

You can pick up to 3 of the following

• Crimson 
  • Fighting Lion 
  • Graviton Lance 
  • Le Monarque 
  • Merciless 
  • Riskrunner 
  • Skyburner's Oath 
  • Sunshot  
  • Sweet Business 
  • Telesto 
  • Trinity Ghoul 
  • Vigilance Wing 

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Voted for Sunshot, Trinity Ghoul, and Riskrunner. I use the other stuff too rarely.

Same except I voted for Graviton Lance instead of Sunshot

And the only reason I didn't pick Sunshot is because I already have an ornament I fucking love for it.

• Like 1

Just scared the shit out of my wife as I just shouted COME ON~! at the top of my lungs as I dropped an Army of One on the opposing team as the same time my team rallied to kill the Prime Evil

God do I loathe fucking Legend rank in Gambit

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Just scared the shit out of my wife as I just shouted COME ON~! at the top of my lungs as I dropped an Army of One on the opposing team as the same time my team rallied to kill the Prime Evil

God do I loathe fucking Legend rank in Gambit

When I finally got my Mote Thief triumph, I shouted out a glorious FUCK YEAH~!  much to the horror of my daughter. It did not help that the five motes I stole were enough for us to summon our Prime Evil far ahead of the other team and we won in a shut-out.

Ah, good times when this game wasn't so fucked up.

I really won't be sad if they kill Gambit in the name of performance

The fact that you need 2000 points to complete Legend when you only get 150 for a win, nothing for a loss and bounties are all less than 100 is some mighty fine bullshit

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I really won't be sad if they kill Gambit in the name of performance

The fact that you need 2000 points to complete Legend when you only get 150 for a win, nothing for a loss and bounties are all less than 100 is some mighty fine bullshit

I enjoyed playing Gambit Prime before superweapons with ridiculous tracking fucked up invasions for the invader and the defending team.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I enjoyed playing Gambit Prime before superweapons with ridiculous tracking fucked up invasions for the invader and the defending team.

Funnily - I think that was part of the reason I ended up yelling in my game because I had been pissed off because early a dude just threw up a Hail Mary Truth shot that killed me as I was trying to bank 15 motes.

It also completed a current challenge for this season that was getting a certain amount of guardian kills in Gambit

I can't wait to switch back to my routine of Mass Effect 5 days a week, Destiny 2 days a week

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I can't wait to switch back to my routine of Mass Effect 5 days a week, Destiny 2 days a week

Yeah, I need to either finish Dragon Quest XI or get to a really good stopping point before Mass Effect drops.