DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

Datto has been posting Raid guides and he noted that now with Contest modifier off and everyone having Lament - you can one cycle Atraks-1

It is really amusing that the boss that held up everyone for a really long time is now relatively "easy"

On 11/20/2020 at 9:18 AM, RIPPA said:

Kridis can fuck right off

I haven't hated a boss battle that much in a long time

Round 2 was way fucking worse than Round 1

I don't know if it somehow got glitched or what - but her foot stomp this time kept launching me out of the game basically. Like one time we were on the right platform and I was launched all the way across the screen, past the left platform and died against the wall. That never happened the first time. The first time she would boop me just far enough that I couldn't float about to the platform

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Activity 

Fixed an issue where strikes in the Vanguard playlist where incorrectly set to 1100 Power. 

Vanguard strikes are now 1050 Power. 

Fixed an issue where enemies would continue to spawn during certain activities in the Cosmodrome.  

NOTE: This should resolve an issue where gaggles of Guardians would convene in the Divide, all shooting into a cave-like structure. 

Fixed an issue where players could skip to the end of the Veles Labyrinth Lost Sector.  

Crucible 

Fixed an issue where Defeats’ audio was playing too often. 

Combat 

Weapons 

Fixed an issue where Trench Barrel was not being removed after firing three shots.  

Rewards 

Fixed an issue where prime attunements were not being applied properly after reaching the soft cap (1200 Power). 

Fixed an issue where the Strange Visitors emote from Seasonal of Arrivals Silver bundle would no longer appear in Rahool’s inventory to claim. 

Updated the World Engram weapons reward pool. 

Remove all Legendary weapons that hit their Infusion Cap at the end of this Season. 

Added all of the Seventh Seraph weapons from Season of the Worthy. 

Added all of the Season of Arrivals Seasonal and planetary reprisal weapons. 

Set weight drop chances so that the newer an item is, the more likely it is to drop.   

Bounties 

Reduced number of bounties required for the New Light quest from three to one.  

Fixed an issue where Combat Drill bounties were requiring Elimination defeats. 

They will now correctly require Clash defeats. 

Season 

Fixed an issue where players already have Seasonal Artifact but the Season quest does not progress. 

Fixed an issue where Lure mods were duplicating. 

Fixed an issue where Perk Veto Mods for the Cryptolith Lure were not correctly preventing the excluded perks from rolling on the weapons 

Fixed an issue where players already have the Lure but the Lure quest doesn’t progress.  

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Round 2 was way fucking worse than Round 1

I don't know if it somehow got glitched or what - but her foot stomp this time kept launching me out of the game basically. Like one time we were on the right platform and I was launched all the way across the screen, past the left platform and died against the wall. That never happened the first time. The first time she would boop me just far enough that I couldn't float about to the platform

Stop getting so damn close to her. Foot stomps' launching powers in general are semi-random and powerful as fuck. With Kridis there is so little space you are almost certainly flying off a platform. The level design for the fight was clearly made that way on purpose so people couldn't just sword her to death with ease solo. Keep your distance until you can bring a fireteam in. Its sad, but the easiest time I had dealing with her was on hero mode last night because I had an actual team with me due to matchmaking.

Edited by Eivion

Boss boops really are the worst thing in Destiny 2.  The one thing I wanted to accomplish in the game before I quit was making a Bridge of Folly run with no Supers and it is nigh impossible to simultaneously defend against the thrall swarms, snipers, and Boss Boopers all at the same time.

Or at least I never managed to pair up with anyone that was competent enough to get it done.

14 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

So I finally started playing this. I picked a Titan for my class. Any tips? I'm aware that I'll have a long way to go but I liked what I played so far.

Azteccross's "so you want to be a Titan?" vid is the best.

Seriously though, Azteccross and CammyCakes are about the best Destiny PvPers and PvEers there are and both of them are Titan mains.  Subscribe to their channels and check out their tips and strats vids.

You've already taken the most important step in that you've found a class you like to play.  That is half the battle won.  Once you get your strats down, embrace whatever weapon meta best compliments your playstyle.  There will be no end of players that will offer advice on what you should be packing for your load-out, so get a feel of what the recommended weapons might be, add them to your arsenal, and then go out and shoot a bunch of crap to see if the guns live up to your expectations.

Try to resist popular meta as much as you can, but realize that there will most likely be weapons out there that everyone will gravitate to because Bungie will fuck around and buff something stronger than it should be in the course of so called weapon balance, so do your best to obtain and incorporate those weapons into your collection.  Bungie will try to convince you that all weapons have a place in the game, but you will find out quickly that they are a bunch of morons.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

I will never understand why they brought back Trials since they have been struggling to balance regular PvP since Day One.

Bungie's devs are legit morons.

Because PvP focused players wanted it and had been holding the lack of it against them for two years.

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

Because PvP focused players wanted it and had been holding the lack of it against them for two years.

Oh, I knew that.  It was a rhetorical question, Eivion. ?

I am hoping that the Bungie board will provide me with entertaining reading once the first Stasis-heavy Iron Banner goes down.

Edited by J.T.

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Finally finished the Lament quest

If JT hadn't quit already, I think the reveal of Banshee's backstory would have driven him to it ?

The reddits have the full story and I have avoided them like the plague.  If I hadn't quit already, I think I would've quit once I watched The Crow's first cutscene.

Banshee-44 origin story also would've pushed me over the edge if what I've heard is true.

Spoiler

He is the Exo host of Clovis Bray I; Elsie and Ana Bray's grandfather. 

The spoiler is correct.

Though there is actually a nice heroic piece as to why he is now Banshee 44

That being said - there is a different though related massive plot point that I don't think you know about that REALLY would have made you snap the game disc

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That being said - there is a different though related massive plot point that I don't think you know about that REALLY would have made you snap the game disc

It also doesn't jive with what we learned about how Exos work from all of the Mars lore at the Clovis Bray facility. 

Poor, unloved Warmind DLC.

Edited by J.T.

Yes, I hate Clovis Bray I very much.

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

I actually thought it was neat, but I also have no idea what the Exo lore was before now.

Long story short, the human consciousness will sometimes reject the Exo frame and requires a reboot so that it can better settle into the neural net.  After a while, the human consciousness should synch with the Exo host.  This should take no more than ten or so resets, making Saint-14 and Banshee-44 the more extreme exceptions.

Banshee-44's consciousness should be so fragmented as to be irretrievable after 44 resets.  Bungie has hand waived this away with, "It's Clovis."

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Banshee-44's consciousness should be so fragmented as to be irretrievable after 44 resets.  Bungie has hand waived this away with, "It's Clovis."

Except that isn't exactly what happened (recap of the Lament story book I stole since I wasn't retyping)

Spoiler

In this book, we get the origins of Banshee-44, or better known as Clovis-1.

After perfecting the Exo, Clovis made two copies of himself. One with his memory wiped, and another with all of it intact. The one with its memory wiped became Clovis-1, while the other became an A.I.

After killing and harvesting the Vex for their fluid, in countless numbers, the Vex were about to invade Europa for Clarity Control.

A.I. Clovis then was on the path to send the Vex to the rest of the system, therefore unleashing an unstoppable Vex invasion across the planets. Elsie needed to stop it, so with the help of Clovis-1, the one with the memory wiped, they both alongside an Exo squad died time and time again to stop the invasion. Clovis died 43 times, and the final time, he decided to started over as Banshee-44.

They were the precursors to the Guardians.

Also of note

Spoiler

Clovis-1’s body was engineered for physical superiority — he’s explicitly built stronger and faster than any other Exo, breaking all previous records and almost breaking the training programs used to measure him.

So basically - don't ever piss Banshee off.

Anyway - that is a long way of say that Banshee is probably the exception that proves the Exo rule

• Like 1

I should also note that JT is right in that they are trying to retconn Warmind stuff that doesn't fit.

Like the datapad that you used to be able to scan that talked about Banshee-41 forgetting his password has apparently been removed from the game though ghost keeps trying to notify you that there is a scan point