DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

It was time for me to shut down one of the last remaining beasts of a thread.

This could turn into just a conversation between me and @Eivion but don't think I haven't noticed those of you who lowkey mention you play Destiny in other threads. Poor poor unloved clan. ?

Anyway - remember that at 10 PM EST/7 PM PST - Destiny 2 will go offline in preparation for Beyond Light. (if you pre-ordered - theoretically the game will install during this time.)

Beyond Light becomes available at 12 PM EST/9 PST on Nov 10th

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This could turn into just a conversation between me and @Eivion but don't think I haven't noticed those of you who lowkey mention you play Destiny in other threads. Poor poor unloved clan. ?

Craig seemed to start playing and talking more so it might end up at least three of us talking again.

50 minutes ago, EVA said:

You can actually start the pre-ownload now.  I started mine last night.

Did it on my PS4 before I went to sleep, and its now ready to install around 10 PM tonight.

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

And I was just kicked so maintenance has begun.

Kind of annoyed as I was just about to turn in one last engram for the season. 

Well supposedly in like 5 minutes you can rejoin after downloading a small update (the update is supposed to be available at the start of the new hour)

D2 wont be fully offline for another couple of hours

Well got the small update and then immediately got weaseled

Then got put in a queue to join the game.

I wasn't planning on doing much outside of vault cleanup and maybe doing one last visit to all the planets going away but that might not be happening

Glad you mentioned that. I would have just left it alone and missed my chance. Supposedly the end of season event is happening. That is why there is a queue.

EDIT: You're lucky. You are at least getting the queue. I keep getting an error

Edited by Eivion

Well there are error messages out the ass and the majority of folks are saying they can’t get in

I got in the queue and my number kept going up instead of down which was some bullshit

I gave up

I was amused that Datto was able to get in immediately but Aztec wasn't

Anyway - I am trying to get in now but unsurprisingly am getting a wall of servers unavailable.

At least I know it preloaded as the logo and picture have changed to Beyond Light

It at least has moved to attempting to put me in a queue - we shall see how that goes.

I have about a hour I can try with and then I will have to give up until after my meetings are over