DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I don't even remember the last time Brady looked as helpless as against the Saints tonight.

Possibly never. Biggest loss of his career, the 38-0 score was the biggest deficit of his career, the third worst passer rating he's ever posted, and the first time in eleven years he threw multiple picks without throwing a touchdown pass.

He's mostly looked really good this year, but the Saints have pretty well kicked his ass twice now.

9 hours ago, elizium said:

I really like these Chargers uniforms. I've never warmed up to the powder blue in any of its incarnations. I wish they did white pants, rather than the solid navy, but it seems like monochrome jerseys are becoming more common

Dislike the powder blues? WTF. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Ok, I don't care what unconfirmed off the field problems Haskins has had, but at this point you've got to start him to at least try to get his trade value up.

Because what's the fucking point of trying to win a horrible division while trotting out Alex Smith?  A nice story, but I'm not sure if he'd be able to lead them to wins at this point of his career.

Nothing in sports makes me feel as uneasy as watching Alex Smith play football.  I've been watching football my entire life and more Football team quarterbacks have ended up with their legs on backwards than any other team...and now the dude who almost lost a leg is playing.  

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Possibly never. Biggest loss of his career, the 38-0 score was the biggest deficit of his career, the third worst passer rating he's ever posted, and the first time in eleven years he threw multiple picks without throwing a touchdown pass.

He's mostly looked really good this year, but the Saints have pretty well kicked his ass twice now.

There have been points over the years when TB has looked old and overmatched, but has bounced back. I'll need to see a few of these performances in a row before I pronounce him as finally falling off the cliff.

3 minutes ago, Infinit said:

There have been points over the years when TB has looked old and overmatched, but has bounced back. I'll need to see a few of these performances in a row before I pronounce him as finally falling off the cliff.

Definitely agreed. This could be a moment where he stops being good all at once like Peyton did. Or he might throw for 350 yards and 5 touchdowns next week.

• Like 1