DVDVR Message Board

Minor League/Japanese Wackiness

ChesterCopperpot

Juan Montes, the guy for Nicaragua with the greatest mustache in the history of the earth, plays in the Pecos League.  The Pecos Leagues is home to the Austin Weirdos.

c870x524.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 4:55 PM, Zimbra said:

Magnificent.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:15 PM, elizium said:

Still one of the funniest fucking things that's ever happened

"Everyone on the scene was covered with small particles of dead whale."

Rezzing those classics now that this is a thing.

• Like 3

congrats to Minor League Players on their impending departure from paying 10% on their entire annual baseball wages

(I added extra words since, after all, it's 10K up to a point, and then 12% for everything above that until they reach $42K, but in the scheme of things, these increases are moving Minor League salaries away from their previous "woah, they're paid that little" range)

• Like 2

I asked someone in our office what she thought the players here (High A Aberdeen) made last year and will make this year and she said $80,000 and $100,000. She couldn't believe how low those minor league salaries were. 

21 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

congrats to Minor League Players on their impending departure from paying 10% on their entire annual baseball wages

(I added extra words since, after all, it's 10K up to a point, and then 12% for everything above that until they reach $42K, but in the scheme of things, these increases are moving Minor League salaries away from their previous "woah, they're paid that little" range)

Wow. They managed to raise the pay for minor leaguers all the way to a point where all players for a franchise add up to a long reliever that gets used every 11th game. 

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

Wow. They managed to raise the pay for minor leaguers all the way to a point where all players for a franchise add up to a long reliever that gets used every 11th game. 

I did the math last night, I think the annual AAA salary is now the equivalent of 8-9 days on the MLB roster instead of 4-5 days. It's possible i'm off on the exact number.

The per-day salaries in the majors is part of why limiting September callups is a financial dick move to some players.

The minor league players have ratified the deal (99% of the players who voted were in favor of it - though the article doesn't say how many actually voted so it could be like only 100 guys voted)

Only step left is MLB owner ratification which could come as early as Monday but at the minimum is expected next week

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Angels Double A affiliate the Rocket City Trash Pandas threw a combined 7 inning no hitter in the first half of a double header... And lost 7-5.

Trash Pandas manager Tungsten Arm O'Doyle III had no comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Designated pinch runner is a terrible idea. I don't know one what "one disengagement" means. 

I kinda like the double hook idea. 

I guess disengagment is a pitcher taking his foot off the rubber, for pick offs or whatever. I like the double hook as it brings back the strategy of replacing the pitcher that was the essence of NL baseball.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Please enjoy these New Hampshire high school baseball diamonds:

"Tree in play" is my "cellar door"

This is glorious. 

• Like 2