DVDVR Message Board

Minor League/Japanese Wackiness

ChesterCopperpot

Thanks, I hate it. 

Every major leaguer that has more than 20 steals a season should be able to beat a throw to first.  This will radically change the game and punish pitchers with good stuff with catchers who are inexperienced with them.    Nope, nope, nope. 

Yeah, it's pretty fucking silly. There's no way that I can conceive that this goes any further than a test run. There was a situation that came up in a different game and it radically changes the rule regarding an uncaught third strike with a runner at 1st.

• 1 month later...

In the last week of Spokane Indians games, I've seen:

- catcher's interference. Twice. 

- batter's interference

- umpire interference 

- a ball called because a pitcher pump-faked (like a balk but with nobody on base) 

Fun stuff. You never know what you're going to see! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Fukuoka Daiei Hawks are champions of Japan for the 5th time in six seasons, steamrolling the Yomiuri Giants in four straight. First Japan Series sweep since Bobby Valentine's Chiba Lotte Marines swept Hanshin in 2005. The 2016 HAM FIGHTERS are the only team to break up the FDH dynasty.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/4/2020 at 10:50 AM, Beech27 said:

I've been digging what I've seen of it so far. Its nice getting up around 5:30 or so and having a live game to watch before starting the day. I especially love the Samsung Lions stadium and their mammoth scoreboard.

caption.jpg

I noticed they have a "FC" designation on the scoreboards next to standard B/S/O - is that for fielder's choice?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well here we go...

Kyodo News reports that two Yomiuri Giants players have tested positive for COVID-19. The players, shortstop Hayato Sakamoto and catcher Takumi Oshiro, are the first baseball players in Japan to test positive since NPB began its ramp-up to a scheduled June 19 opening day.

In response, the Giants canceled an exhibition game against the Seibu Lions scheduled for today and have announced that every player, coach and member of team staff will undergo additional testing.

5 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

This is pretty fucking excellent. Eagles fans sent them in at the team's request. 

6.3.2020, Kiwoom Heroes @ Hanwha Eagles:

0604_spotv_cute1.jpg?itok=uSFIkXEr

As long as ESPN keep bringing in guest commentators, they totally need to have Tom Kenny on so he can do a tight ten as SpongeBob.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pete said:

As long as ESPN keep bringing in guest commentators, they totally need to have Tom Kenny on so he can do a tight ten as SpongeBob.

A better idea would be to stop bringing in all these stupid and vapid guest commentators and actually let me watch and pay attention to the freaking games. Seriously I don't need a quarter of my screen taking up by head shots of yammering idiots, LET ME WATCH THE FUCKING GAME I TUNED IN TO WATCH YOU FUCKING BABBLING MORONS.

• Like 3