DVDVR Message Board

Minor League/Japanese Wackiness

ChesterCopperpot

Fuck them right in their SFG affiliated ear, but last years River Cats alt for Copa De La Diversion was a bad motherfucker. I bought it and put it up so that I can rock it when they are no longer a Giants affiliate. This year's is a little wacky because of the bright blue and yellow colorway, but last year's all black one was a winner.

DoradosHat1_500.jpg

42 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Disappointed the MLB app did not show the Mariners games vs the Giants this week from the Egg Dome. 

Yeah, that's pretty bogus. A's and the Ham Fighters also got the bone as far as the broadcast goes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, they are saying that it was produced by an outside source and wasn't screened in full before playing it. What a bunch of horseshit. Fuck Fresno anyway. That town is trash and should be treated with disdain and ridicule.

• Like 2

Considering its reputation, I'm always amused to see the rest of the country enlightened as to just how many pestholes full of knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers California is actually infested with. Trust me, back in the day Sacramento was the south-end tail of my sales territory, damn, did I hate going there. Don't even get me started on Redding and Red Bluff.

https://deadspin.com/minor-league-benches-clear-after-bunt-breaks-up-no-hitt-1835277217 Some excitement after a guy bunts to break up a four person no-no.Never heard of the you can't bunt to break up a no-no rule. If your down 9-0 maybe, but you have to try win. . . . Besides multipitcher  no-nos don't count anyway.  

Edited by Kuetsar

22 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Didnt it happen in MLB years ago and somehow involved Schilling? 

I thought it was one of the Marlins. Dontrelle?

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Schilling lost perfect game from a bunt single 

As of 2016, former D'Backs manager Bob Brenly was still bitter about it. When Tony Gwynn tells says you did the right thing, you did the right thing.

https://amp.mlb.com/180341170-tbt-bunt-spoils-curt-schillings-perfecto.amp.html

• 1 month later...

The Atlantic League wants to get weird with it:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27168526/stealing-first-gets-tryout-atlantic-league

I like the use of the Trackman system, and I like the idea that an ump can override it, especially considering some of the flaws it has like on pitches that bounce and whatnot. I don't give a damn about the dropped pitch rule, and I don't think it will come into play too terribly often. Stepping off before a pickoff throw is asinine, because I think the only thing that comes from it is making a pickoff move easier to pick up on. I am pretty half and half about the extra bunted foul ball on strike 2. On one hand, if you can't get the fucking bunt down, get the fuck out of the box, I dont want ro see you anyway. But on the other, more rational hand I appreciate that sometimes things don't go our way and you need another crack at it.

The times, they are a-changing!!