DVDVR Message Board

Minor League/Japanese Wackiness

ChesterCopperpot

They got me to come from god damned Queens to St*ten Isl*nd, so they must be doing something right.   Also, I should note the other team involved in the final Pizza Rats game, dubbed "The Food Fight",  the Vermont Maple Kings (normally the Lake Monsters):

5b4d5143351fb.image.jpg

That is a solid, solid logo. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

They got me to come from god damned Queens to St*ten Isl*nd, so they must be doing something right.   Also, I should note the other team involved in the final Pizza Rats game, dubbed "The Food Fight",  the Vermont Maple Kings (normally the Lake Monsters):

5b4d5143351fb.image.jpg

That is a solid, solid logo. 

That looks more like blood than maple syrup. "Vermont Organ Harvesters" sounds really bad-ass...

• Haha 1

Sure, but let's not pretend that wasn't any kind of celebration as much as a deliberate, unsportsmanlike taunt.  

There's a difference between Joey Bats flipping it in the ALCS and for this guy to stand in the batter's box, watch the ball leave, AND THEN flip the bat WHILE staring at the pitcher. 

There's celebrating, and there's being a unprofessional ass.   This is NOT a case of the former.  

Who the hell does Rodriguez think he is Reggie Jackson? Reggie or Griffey Jr. could get away with the staring shit, and even they didn't do the stupid bat flip. As for the balk, at least it was a no-brainer balk, not one of those ticky tack ones. . .

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

When you pimp one so vigorously that even I think it's a bit much, you've probably put your ass in the jackpot.

I don't think he hurt himself either. That just looked like Jeffrey Leonard slow trot.  He was absolutely being an ass.

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

I hate you.  Not really. I don't much care about the playoffs.  When the regular season is done, so am I. Was a good year anyway - we had the league MVP and the league batting champ.  That's pretty ok.

We were playing "home" games on the road because of the Fair (the Indians' stadium is on the fairgrounds).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I don't think he hurt himself either. That just looked like Jeffrey Leonard slow trot.  He was absolutely being an ass.

The story I posted said he had to leave the game due to a groin injury. To my eyes it did look a bit like he was limping around the bases...

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

The story I posted said he had to leave the game due to a groin injury. To my eyes it did look a bit like he was limping around the bases...

This sounds like it's out of the Bobby Heenan playbook of coaching.  I'll bet dollars to donuts he got "injured" so he wouldn't have a 90mph fastball thrown between the numbers on his back in his next AB. 

• Like 3

On 9/12/2018 at 11:15 AM, Pete said:

Yeah, I don't buy that it was legit.  That "limp" to me just looked like a guy moving slower than his natural stride.  He certainly wasn't showing any pain after the swing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There are some fucking unbelievably talented graphic designers out there.   I count at least 3 caps that I must have.   

copa-2019-caps-1-590x881.jpg

And I don't even see Fresno's cap here, but I'm positive you're going to see a LOT of that. 

EDIT --  I am a stupid sheep.  And thanks to Rippa, I'm now out $40 and up one (1) Chicharrones de Columbia baseball cap.