DVDVR Message Board

Minor League/Japanese Wackiness

ChesterCopperpot

• 2 months later...

College Baseball is basically a sub-A league, so I guess this goes here.

SUNY Stony Brook has had to cancel a series at Mississippi State because MS has an anti-same sex marriage bill. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Trenton Thunder will rename themselves the Pork Rolls on select dates this season complete with commemorative uniforms. My only gripe: it isn't pork roll, it's TAYLOR FUCKING HAM!!!! #TeamTaylorHam

On 1/26/2018 at 3:37 PM, sabremike said:

The Trenton Thunder will rename themselves the Pork Rolls on select dates this season complete with commemorative uniforms. My only gripe: it isn't pork roll, it's TAYLOR FUCKING HAM!!!! #TeamTaylorHam

AR-140319799.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

These are the things that start wars. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On my way to Opening Day of the Atlantic League season as your Somerset Patriots host the Road Warriors  (who are essentially the old Bridgeport franchise waiting for their stadium in IIRC North Carolina to be completed for the 2019 season). This is actually my first ever Patriots game but I was at the stadium several years back for the first Sky Blue FC home game that was played there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tim Tebow's season is over.  He's having surgery to remove his hamate bone(?!).    And frankly, already at 30, unless he's packing them in at Double A, this could be it.  

Jesus wept.

And with his season ending, the Mets chance at having a productive September in the drawing fans department takes quite the blow. Well, by my calculations anyway. I figured he was a lock as a 9/1 call-up, regardless of how viable a "prospect" he is.

3 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

And with his season ending, the Mets chance at having a productive September in the drawing fans department takes quite the blow. Well, by my calculations anyway. I figured he was a lock as a 9/1 call-up, regardless of how viable a "prospect" he is.

My wildest fantasy is for the Wilponzis to get involved in another Ponzi scheme but this time they end up getting busted and rot in prison like they should've from the Madoff thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tim Tebow's season is over.  He's having surgery to remove his hamate bone(?!).    And frankly, already at 30, unless he's packing them in at Double A, this could be it.  

Jesus wept.

I see what you did there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay that's amazing, but why in god's GREEN FUCKING EARTH, did the batter try to take 2 (actually 3)?  

You just made it to first allowing everything else to happen.  Not only do you provide a distraction at first for the RF if you stay, there's no chance you get picked off, negating the winning run.