DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Theoretically, if AEW alllowed Mox, Omega and/or Jericho to work the NJPW 1/4-1/5 shows, what one import would you want back in return for Revolution?

I don't have a clear cut answer yet, but I do know neither Hangman nor Okada are doing much right now and that would kick ass. Not the biggest box office option, but a match I'd love to see.

4 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Theoretically, if AEW alllowed Mox, Omega and/or Jericho to work the NJPW 1/4-1/5 shows, what one import would you want back in return for Revolution?

I don't have a clear cut answer yet, but I do know neither Hangman nor Okada are doing much right now and that would kick ass. Not the biggest box office option, but a match I'd love to see.

Tanahashi to cure Hangman of his alcoholism.

El Desperado for a deathmatch with either Mox or Darby

Shooter to team up with Mox one time against Team Taz?

Ibushi vs Omega is the obvious answer- but that shouldn't be done COVID era period.

5 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Kazuchika Okada though he's had a weak year by the high standards he's set previously. Be something to see Okada used well in the States unlike his Impact Wrestling excursion. Other choices would include Minoru Suzuki, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito or Kota Ibushi.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

Kazuchika Okada though he's had a weak year by the high standards he's set previously. Be something to see Okada used well in the States unlike his Impact Wrestling excursion. Other choices would include Minoru Suzuki, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito or Kota Ibushi.

I think you've got the ideal line-up as far as guys who would likely have the most success here in the US

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:

Give me ZSJ vs Angelico in a battle of the bendy submission men. Just a tangle of long limbs getting twisted for 30 minutes. 

I would like to think that they would preface their match with some sort of competition where they try to out smug each other's oh so smug, punchable faces. Like the Rude / Warrior posedown, but with condescending looks. Then they can throw down in a weird matwork battle.

• Like 5

On 11/27/2020 at 1:56 PM, For Great Justice said:

I think there’s money in Jericho vs Minoru. Ibushi coming in and Kenny reforming the Golden Lovers would be a nice little jab at Hangman to keep that storyline going. 

Good news: Shanna has a match on Dark this week.

Not so good news: She spent part of her time off retweeting Marine Le Pen about how France would be great without all the Pakistani Muslim immigrants.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

How long has Le Pen been in politics? I just read a Maximumrocknroll record review from 1985 mentioning her!

EDIT: Wiki says she's been working with the Front National since '86 so she's been ride-or-die since she was 18. You don't change that kinda crazy.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, AxB said:

Not so good news: She spent part of her time off retweeting Marine Le Pen about how France would be great without all the Pakistani Muslim immigrants.

Oh for fucks sake. Trying not to get into politics or anything, but I had hoped Macron winning would mean that Le Pen would fuck off into obscurity. This is the first time I've seen her name come up in awhile so maybe that is the case, but it also looks like Le Pen is still a despicable piece of shit.

• Like 6

AEW pulling in a star from New Japan seems like continuing to market to fans they already have. I don't know that anyone in the Japan currently has the ability to pull in new fans. So if they can do it on the cheap, sure go right ahead. But not even the biggest stars in Japan right now will cross over to the mainstream. Likely, if you know who Naito is and care enough to watch him, you already watch AEW.

21 hours ago, AxB said:

God fucking damnit.  I really missed seeing her and was looking forward to her return.  Now I'll unfortunately likely skip her matches.  Don't think that will be grounds for anything serious if top brass found out.  But I would keep a close eye on her anyway.