DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Ok....

So where does Tessa Blanchard end up?

Since I’m 0-12 in announcing her arrival to AEW just wondering what you all thinking on where Blanchard ends up and when.

In a just world sensitivity training and then she makes a public apology soon after.  Then if she proves she's not full of it some doors may open back up.

Which is why while I appreciate her talents and your willingness for her to come on board it's just not going to happen.  She's had multiple chances to correct the missteps she made and she just didn't seem to care.  So if you like her that much (not judging, you do you) then like Craig said you're best off seeing her doing in Crash.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

16 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

In a just world sensitivity training and then she makes a public apology soon after.  Then if she proves she's not full of it some doors may open back up.

Which is why while I appreciate her talents and your willingness for her to come on board it's just not going to happen.  She's had multiple chances to correct the missteps she made and she just didn't seem to care.  So if you like her that much (not judging, you do you) then like Craig said you're best off seeing her she's doing in Crash.

Good, don’t judge me. If myself and my Wife never forgave anyone for being racist or ignorant in how they expressed themselves we would live in our own anger and depression. I’m black and my wife is Hispanic of Spanish/Mexican/Indian origin. In our own families their is much ignorance among our mixed ethnic & religious members. 

Does Tessa Blanchard have some growing up to do?....yes. But I’m certain there are no perfect professional wrestlers and message board warriors on pro wrestling sites. 

Edited by Flair’s Shadow

AEW has been desperate for female talent for ages now, and they’ve shown no interest in Tessa..

WWE has shown a willingness to sign virtually anyone that they think could help their competitor, and they’ve shown no interest in her...

I’d say she’s burnt her last bridge with Impact...

ROH is seems pretty allergic to controversy right now after what happened with Marty...

There is nowhere for her to land among the major players in North America.  I think she’s going to be in Mexico for a while.  It’s too bad, because she’s immensely talented.  But unto every generation of Indie wrestlers, at least one talented-yet-insane asshole is born, and it looks like she was born under the sign.

Fortunately for her, every asshole gets a hundred chances in America, so her time will come around again, if she plays her cards right.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Good, don’t judge me. If myself and my Wife never forgave anyone for being racist or ignorant in how they expressed themselves we would live in our own anger and depression. I’m black and my wife is Hispanic of Spanish/Mexican/Indian origin. In our own families their is much ignorance among our mixed ethnic & religious members. 

Does Tessa Blanchard have some growing up to do?....yes. But I’m certain there are no perfect professional wrestlers and message board warriors on pro wrestling sites. 

For starters I like you and am generally amused by your posts.  So I apologize if it seemed disrespectful.  I'm just being realistic about her chances since you asked for it.  As for forgiveness that's a discussion for another place but I understand your point.

But if there's one place where she could end up once restrictions are lifted I would think NXT if they feel they wanted to bring her in.  I don't know of people that have worked with her before but that might be her best chance of not getting blowback for past actions.  And Eva pointed out the other companies.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I don't know where this belongs, but Renee's new podcast, Oral Sessions, had Moxley as the first guest and that episode is an instant classic. Among the things Moxley talked about:

• Doing a bunch of coke and going to the library
  • Kids, go to the library because they just give you shit for free
  • Getting busted trying to steal a Playstation
  • Sleeping in jeans because you always have to be ready to go
  • He wears combat boots because they're the perfect running shoe

Basically, we've done a poor job of fantasizing what Jon is really like because none of us could have imagined any of this.

Subscribed!  Thanks for the heads-up.

The thing about Tessa is, Impact were willing to keep her on if she apologised, and if she continued to send in video promos for the big title match (which she was planned to come back for). And she refused to do those things, so they released her. But the thing is, who runs the office in Impact? Don Callis and Scott D' Amore, right? And who is Kenny Omega's wrestling business guru? Don Callis. If Don says Tessa is unreliable and not worth the hassle, Kenny's going to listen, isn't he?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

The thing about Tessa is, Impact were willing to keep her on if she apologised, and if she continued to send in video promos for the big title match (which she was planned to come back for). And she refused to do those things, so they released her. But the thing is, who runs the office in Impact? Don Callis and Scott D' Amore, right? And who is Kenny Omega's wrestling business guru? Don Callis. If Don says Tessa is unreliable and not worth the hassle, Kenny's going to listen, isn't he?

Good point.

So my dreams of Tessa in AEW are dashed?

It seems so.

Never says never in wrestling. Years down the road, anything's possible. But short term, I kind of think if it was going to happen soon, it would have happened by now.

I listened to Renee's show earlier. It was pretty good. It must have been fun when she found out about half the stuff he lived through when they started really dating.

As for Tessa, I can't see her going to AEW or WWE for the simple reason her whole gimmick is she's on par with any man in the industry. AEW and WWE refuse to do full on intergender wrestling. I could see Tessa going to the NWA, so she'd kinda be in AEW if they kept that working relationship. But I can't see her going for the simple fact her who act is she has to challenge for the world title. 

It was super long but oddly flew by quite nicely. Nothing was particularly bad and if the match wasn't much you had a lot of Taz and Excalibur BSing around to make it worthwhile. I did enjoy Trent/Nakazawa for the absurdity of it all. And there were some quality matches like Sydal/Angels too. 

• Like 1

Watched Dark on mute and it continues to be consumable but nothing I would call good. If you have nothing better to do, its okay. I don't think you'll be able to remember the card after you're done watching it. Like plain popcorn.

The women regulars demonstrate why they don't make the main show every episode of Dark. Big Swole is still pretty dreadful and while her new finish is better than the discus punch, the set up double arm drop thing looks lazier than a Kevin Nash powerbomb. Ford never seems to get any better and is still going for the Lethal Injection like she's never watched one of her own matches before. If I saw myself do something so ugly, I'd never do it again. Ivelisse looks like she'd rather be anywhere but on screen. Diamante no sold the most impactful kick anyone threw all night when Frost kicked her in the corner. I'd much rather see more of the unsigned talent like Lady Frost or Jenna than any of these other people at this point. It's any wonder Deeb and Rosa strolled in and took most of the television time.

They need to change something about the Silver and Reynolds presentation. Reynolds seems like the definition of okay so you'd think they take advantage of Silver being small and jacked. But instead of highlighting his power game, they have the other guy slip out of his gorilla press. The point of these matches should be to  highlight what your stars can do that makes them stars. And instead, its booked to have forgettable good matches for no reason. 

Whoever made the decision that every move needs to be followed up with a pin attempt should die in a fire. It's a shoulder block for fuck's sake, you don't need to go for a cover. Sometimes you can build the momentum up to a good two count rather than a series of lackluster garbage covers.

Panda Express going up against the Jurassic Express first time out is dopey. They're dressed like Pandas, they're natural faces. You couldn't book them against TH2 or one of the other hundred tag teams on the roster? Also no one reacted to wrestling guys dressed like Pandas.

Sammy G and Marko Stunt knuckle bumping is stupid.

Luther has been wresting for 30 years and can't remember when he's been tagged into a match.

Brandon Cutler got his leg worked and his comeback was 4 kicks and 2 springboards. But he limped between spots so I think that counts as selling.

Trent wrestles like the angriest man in the world in a group that is based around hugging. Nakamura sucks.

Did you know that there were two job guys who went by their three initials?

I like The Acclaimed. Bowers carries himself very well and Caster provides the right amount of sizzle.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, EVA said:

It takes some next-level masochism to watch a 3 hour internet show of jobber matches from a promotion that you already know you don’t even like to begin with.?

What gets me is that he makes solid points yet it seems the past couple months like this might not be something for him.  I don't want to say "If you don't like it don't watch it" but I think for me I'm best just putting him on ignore for a bit.

22 minutes ago, Goodear said:

This board is funny in that you can write a long post and a typo will be the only thing anyone cares to bring up. 

I didn't watch the three hour show with underneath talent and job guys because it didn't interest me, so I don't have much to say about anything else unless we're talking about the merits of lazy Kevin Nash powerbombs. But I do genuinely appreciate the insight of someone with a critical eye who's willing to watch (even on mute) that much trash. I personally wouldn't put you on ignore just because you're a glutton for that kind of punishment. 

Re: what you see as people going for too many covers, I've heard some old grumps complain about a lack of covers at times. It's entirely possible someone got a note or some advice and overdid it. But as I said, I didn't see any of the alleged offenses with my own eyes so it's hard to comment further. 

21 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

I didn't watch the three hour show with underneath talent and job guys because it didn't interest me, so I don't have much to say about anything else unless we're talking about the merits of lazy Kevin Nash powerbombs. But I do genuinely appreciate the insight of someone with a critical eye who's willing to watch (even on mute) that much trash. I personally wouldn't put you on ignore just because you're a glutton for that kind of punishment. 

Re: what you see as people going for too many covers, I've heard some old grumps complain about a lack of covers at times. It's entirely possible someone got a note or some advice and overdid it. But as I said, I didn't see any of the alleged offenses with my own eyes so it's hard to comment further. 

Thinking about it more and seeing the start of the scouting report I realized ignoring him wasn't the right move.  There are valid points to the criticisms though it's hard at times to see if there's actual interest or if it's griping for the sake of it.  Turns out that it's the former.  I also see things where I think "Well, it was covered on BTE or Sammy's vlog" but it's not fair to expect that stuff like that is general knowledge.  For example I would have thought one of the commentators knew about Sammy's vlog where him and Marko are best friends (hence the fist bump)  But by not mentioning that if you don't know about it it is confusing.

As for criticisms one thing I don't care for as of yet is Baker's segment.  I get that it's supposed to be some parody of a wrestling talk show but it is just not working for me.  But if they're gonna try to make it work then it's best it be on Dark for now instead of Dynamite.

• Like 1

I think it’s smart that they’re testing out the Britt segment on Dark rather than taking it straight to Dynamite.  LOTS of kinks to be worked out.  You could tell they made a lot of changes this week based off what didn’t work last week.

• Like 2