DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Sammy and Marko are legit best mates. They got trapped in a freezer together and everything.

I bet I'm the only person on the board who remembers how Taz' obsession with calling things Jones got started.

• Like 1

Okay so them being legit best friends is fine off the show, I'm not a Cornette,"they're feuding on television so they can't be seen together!!!" lunatic. But Sammy the character would not be friends with Marko Stunt the character and if you put it on the show, it does neither of them any good. They're playing a role and you're breaking immersion. I know this is a little thing no one will remember in two weeks, but it is a thing and they shouldn't have done it.

There was another match a month or two ago where it was Sammy against Fuego Del Sol.  Now they apparently are best friends if the Vlog's to be believed but there was nothing in the match to indicate that.  So not sure why they did nothing the one match and a fist bump for last night.  I do agree that it should have not been done.

I will say though that there's some sort of build happening for Fuego against QT Marshall.  It's a thing where QT talks shit about him every week and the past couple weeks Fuego's had enough and keeps challenging him to a match.  And they also talk about Fuego being the master of the tornado DDT.  So at some point they're eventually going to do this match.  But the only problem is considering both are technically faces if you think a fist bump last night is strange imagine the head scratching when this match eventually happens.  I'm hoping they bother explaining at least this one.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

20 hours ago, Craig H said:

Guys, let's go back to yung Jon Moxley doing coke and going to the library to read books like it's a normal thing to do.

I wish I could say I've never done coke in a library, but I can't. I don't recall reading any books after. 

• Haha 2

I knew Lady Frost when she was a server at a Pittsburgh bar/restaurant I used to be a regular at some 10+ years ago. Happy to see her get a chance to work with AEW. Her and her husband are both really good people.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

ok, it's been like a month now and i still don't get the Kenny Omega/North Carolina thing.

is it a reference to something? if they were on tour and changed it every week to be a play off the "cheap pop" bit i would understand. 

It’s a reference to Michael Jordan (the greatest basketball player of all time) and his entrance for the Bulls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andy in Kansas said:

It's a shame we never got any worthwhile singles match between the two. They went one-on-one only once, and it was sub ten minutes. And I don't see either guy itching to make a move at this point. 

Well I don't know if Roman could work outside of the WWE structure. He is a pure product of the system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So when Jurassic Express took on Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss a few weeks back on Dark, Janela had both the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight and REW Pakistan 24/7 titles on the line. Both titles have changed hands a few times since ...

I now half-expect Thunder Rosa to win the belts, for the sole purpose of posing for a picture with even more belts than her first photo.

• Haha 3

When did Joey win them off Orange Cassidy? Because it was he who pinned longtime double champ Dean Malenko (Dean was sleeping and they needed to get someone with quiet footsteps to do it).

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Well I don't know if Roman could work outside of the WWE structure. He is a pure product of the system.

I don't think one can reasonably make this case when Cody Rhodes is one of AEW's biggest and most talented stars. 

Expanding on this, guys who were largely developed in that system like Juice Robinson or Miro are either beloved or in the case of Miro given a lot of benefit of the doubt. Kurt Angle and Christian were largely a product of the WWE system, and they flourished in TNA. There are guys like Chad Gable who are largely a product of that system who people salivate over the thought of seeing work elsewhere.

Then you consider how talented Roman is, the breadth of wrestlers he's worked with and learned from and grown alongside, the experience and knowledge he could get from his own family, etc. I don't think it's possible to look at this performer and dismiss him as a "product of the system." 

All this said, I doubt we'll ever find out how awesome he could be elsewhere. He's a WWE lifer or he'll eventually make the jump to movies. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

I don't think one can reasonably make this case when Cody Rhodes is one of AEW's biggest and most talented stars. 

Yeah, Reigns would be a star wherever he went. He’s got the look, the size, the charisma, and he’s good in the ring.

If he got released today Tony Khan and every other promoter would immediately show up with the Brinks truck.

• Like 1