DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Don't worry she will get her release soon and AEW will snap her up so she and Miro can duet I've Had The Time Of My Life on Dynamite so you guys can pop and call it the best thing you ever saw.

Aww, someone is salty!

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Casey said:

Man, you have a real fascination with predicting the remaining years of someone's career based on their age, don't you? She's not even 30 yet, and I mean, if what you're saying is true, then a lot of the WWE women on the main roster/AEW's women's division are about to retire, over the hill or only have a few years left.

Well, Historically speaking, if you look at the careers of women who had a WWE money run in the modern era, they typically start looking at getting out of the ring full-time in their early 30’s.  That’s just facts.  There are definite exceptions, as there always are (notably, Mickie James being someone who has worked pretty much continuously into her 40’s now).

And, yes, I think WWE is going to lose several of their core female stars in the next couple of years, if they haven’t already.  For one, I would be very surprised if Becky comes back full-time.

(Granted, as I’m typing this, I’m thinking about how the pandemic has changed the business, specifically killing off the house show circuit for the foreseeable future, which could extend some full-time careers by changing the definition of what “full-time” means.)

13 hours ago, Casey said:

And that's half of the problem right there. Yeah, sure, you're on TV every week, but that doesn't mean much if you're being trounced every week, likely no comeuppance in sight, and working with someone with a history of injuring others. But you do you.

Getting trounced every week is a matter of booking and there are worse things than a losing streak, like being Bobby fucking Lashley's interracial trophy wife in a ridiculously offensive angle.

I'm not saying that it doesn't suck to get booked to be put through a table every week by the company's most unsafe worker.  I'm saying that Lana's not being buried in the most traditional sense.  Being punished <> Being buried and yes, I think she's paying the price for Miro since Vince can't punish Miro himself anymore.

Edited by J.T.

7 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

40 years ago Ole Anderson turned on Dusty inside a cage.

Its time Double A.

Its time for an Anderson to turn on a Rhodes again. 

All of the 4 Horsemen Shadows are in agreement.

This must be done!!!!

Maybe try to broaden your predictions. 

More like “Somebody, anybody PLEASE turn on Cody Rhodes at some point in the next 2 years so I can make an actual accurate prediction and make this stupid gimmick worth keeping alive”. 

• Like 2

Just now, zendragon said:

A few pages back someone mentioned Heather Monroe as someone who could be a good signing. Her and Laura James do a pretty cool "mean girls" gimmick called the Killer Baes on the indies. I think that they both could add to womens division 

Heather Monroe ✌? on Twitter: "The Killer Baes are going to be in New  Orleans for #Wrestlemania weekend! Bring Girl Power to your show and Book  the Baes via DM or BookTheBaes@gmail.com

Damn did they raid Magnum & Dusty's closets for those coats??

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Damn did they raid Magnum & Dusty's closets for those coats??

I think their manager, Halston Boddy, raided somebody's grandmother's closet for his ensemble.

The whole mean girls thing for heel women feels really played out to me (and I was one of the people saying Monroe is somebody they should think about long-term). It's such a lazy trope that WWE has done to fucking death. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

The whole mean girls thing for heel women feels really played out to me (and I was one of the people saying Monroe is somebody they should think about long-term). It's such a lazy trope that WWE has done to fucking death. 

Aren't just about all North American women heels since the beginning of time working mean girl gimmicks though... apart from the ones that aren't monster heels or zombies?

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Aren't just about all North American women heels since the beginning of time working mean girl gimmicks though... apart from the ones that aren't monster heels or zombies?

There's an idea for a gimmick mash-up, zombie mean girl.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's an idea for a gimmick mash-up, zombie mean girl.

I dream of a stable where Rosemary, Su Yung, and Abadon are beating the shit out of everyone on the ladies roster of some fed and referring to themselves as the Living Dead Girls.

It will never happen.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I dream of a stable where Rosemary, Su Yung, and Abaddon are beating the shit out of everyone on the ladies roster of some fed and referring to themselves as the Living Dead Girls.

It will never happen.

Don't forget Thunder Rosa.

• Like 1