DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2020

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Inner Circle won’t be a heel faction after tomorrow night.

The new Apocalypse will be the top heel faction in AEW. Matt Hardy will defeat and “cleans” Sammy’s soul and Sammy becomes a mega face who will be having a great feud with MJF here shortly. Ortiz and Santana will be the next huge opponents for FTR and the Apocalypse. Cody has some new members in his faction to take losses from Apocalypse. 

There is no way Arn Anderson is not turning on Cody Rhodes and his family. With Tully banned from ringside this is where Double A comes in and costs Young Bucks the Tag Team Titles to end the PPV. Cody comes to ringside to confront Anderson and he gets crushed by FTR and Spears. Brandi comes out and takes the microphone and yells at Anderson, “I always told my husband he couldn’t trust you. You can never trust an Anderson!”. Then Brandi slaps Anderson across the face. FTR walks toward Brandi...but suddenly Tully stops FTR from doing anything to Brandi and Tully says the following, “Hold on boys. I got somebody to take care of this problem.” 

Out comes Tessa Blanchard to clean Brandi’s clock.

End of PPV. 

I’m glad you think all this shit up and post it here so Tony Khan will read it and never actually do any of it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Casey said:

I read that he admitted to not knowing how to properly utilize everyone on the AEW roster - which is perfectly acceptable for someone who is brand fucking new to the game.

AKA The Best Man. 

I don't know how long you guys have had these shirts but every shirt I've ordered from PWTees has held up pretty well so far, even after multiple washings. I've got a Jake Roberts shirt that I got 2 years ago still in great shape. 

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

Random observation: WWE seemingly uses the shoulder into the post spot in every other match. I can’t recall AEW doing it even once. Am I missing someone who commonly does that?

Do you mean inside of the ring, pushing someone so their shoulder goes into the turnbuckle? Leyla Hirsch did that with Serena Deeb, I'm pretty sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm going bitch a little bit about AEW...in particular, their merch. Their deals and sales always SUCK because they run through Pro Wrestling Tees. I think it's a decent product, but I don't think it's any better than what you would order from WWE's shop. On WWE or NXT PPVs, they'll regularly do a buy 1, get 1 for $.50 type of deal of something like that. The most AEW does is...15% of. In addition, I don't think the shirts hold up that well over time. I'm already noticing cracks in the graphic on my Best Friend's in Sue's van shirt. I only wash my shirts on cold and I let them hang dry before I fold them up. I just bought that shirt not even that long ago.

So come on AEW, give us some better merch deals.

Anyway, if you want 15% off, use code FULLGEARSMS

I just got the we got Chili’s shirt, put in the wash once before wearing like I always do, cold water, and you can already see cracks in the picture. Like, it’s not ruined. But I washed it one time and it’s already showing wear. Not making that mistake again. 

15 hours ago, Craig H said:

Oh...oh my god. Maki Itoh wants to wrestle for AEW.

PLLLEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSE!

This entrance on TV? Hell yeah!

• Like 1

Actually, if Leyla Hirsch does join Team Taz, having Taz on commentary when Maki first comes out singing would be great. Because of how he'd react when he found out the song was called "Brooklyn the Hole". Insta-feud!

• Like 2

I'm just going to say, I think the criticism of the AEW's women's division is overstated. Would I like a bit more development? Sure, but equating it to the days of three-minute, eight-woman tag matches from the WWE pre-Women's Revolution is wrongheaded.

AEW is a wrestling company, and is at its strongest when it focuses on wrestlers wrestling because they want to be the champion. That's true in the Women's division as much as the Men's.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

I'm just going to say, I think the criticism of the AEW's women's division is overstated. Would I like a bit more development? Sure, but equating it to the days of three-minute, eight-woman tag matches from the WWE pre-Women's Revolution is wrongheaded.

Oh, the actual wrestling is light years better than the days when WWE would send out two half-trained models to wrestle for three minutes and call it a title match. No question there. But the booking of AEW's women's division is way too close to that era.

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

AEW is a wrestling company, and is at its strongest when it focuses on wrestlers wrestling because they want to be the champion. That's true in the Women's division as much as the Men's.

Sure, and both Moxley-Kingston and FTR-Bucks were ultimately about wrestlers wrestling because they want to be champion. But I think you'd have to concede that they put a bit more effort into the build for those matches than a tepid interview segment two weeks before the PPV followed by some brief interaction on the go-home show. And if they hadn't, fans would rightly have given them shit for it. If it's not good enough for the men, it shouldn't be good enough for the women either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Sure, and both Moxley-Kingston and FTR-Bucks were ultimately about wrestlers wrestling because they want to be champion. But I think you'd have to concede that they put a bit more effort into the build for those matches than a tepid interview segment two weeks before the PPV followed by some brief interaction on the go-home show. And if they hadn't, fans would rightly have given them shit for it. If it's not good enough for the men, it shouldn't be good enough for the women either.

Oh, I agree there's definitely room for improvement, but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

Tony Khan's post-Full Gear Media Scrum (no spoilers):

• Beach Break (rebranded Bash At The Beach) in January, "huge events" in December planned.
  • He's open to the two surprise guests during the Elite Deletion returning in the future (!!).
  • Is open to working with Don Callis and Impact in the future. "Definitely possible".
  • No plans to expand the PPV calendar next year, thinks the Big 4 is a good fit for them.
  • They're making multiple video games right now, catering to different types of platforms and interests. "Best in class" console game, confirms the existence of an AEW booking sim. Looking to expand the video game part of AEW beyond the two previously mentioned (AEW RACING GAME WHEN???)
  • He understands the complaints about the women's division, and lack of focus on the AEW Women's title over the NWA Women's title. Puts the blame on himself for not featuring more of the Nyla story on Dynamite, realizes that putting most of the story on Dark was a mistake since around only half of their audience watches Dark. But, also says Vickie Guerrero requested time off for a number of weeks, and he granted it, so that played a factor as well.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

FTR vs the North when? 

After the Dark Order / Undead Realm crossover event.

It’s well documented that the Undead Realm is effectively the underworld from Little Monsters, which links all pro wrestling promotions through their use of evil monster heels, and has various portals to the outside world. Brodie put a hit on Bravo because John was close to discovering this, and if he married Rosemary he’d surely find out. 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, as everyone knows, the Bunny is a mutiversal doppelganger to Allie from TNA/Impact, much as Allysin Kay is the doppelganger to Sienna - and presumably the Blade is the doppelganger to Braxton Sutter. So it would be well within the realm of possibility for some sort of rift to allow the Revival to visit the Impact Zone, with or without using the Undead Realm.

Edited by kafkonia
  • Haha 1

Tuesday's Dark is very indie. Ashton Starr is (in a tag) facing the Lucha Brothers, and Top Flight are against another local talent team. Nine matches and seven of them are tags. Bad Romance vs Jurassic Express is your Worldwide main event.