DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Sadly, no Tazz Jones Count tonight as Tazz had none (disappointing!)

However, congrats to Kilyn King for FINALLY winning her first match, and thus becoming the 11th local talent to win!

Lee Johnson looked really good in his match, unfortunately suffering a loss to Sammy. Also really enjoyed watching Nick Comoroto for the first time, dude looks like Ogre from Revenge of The Nerds. I'd like to see him again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Sadly, no Tazz Jones Count tonight as Tazz had none (disappointing!)

However, congrats to Kilyn King for FINALLY winning her first match, and thus becoming the 11th local talent to win!

Lee Johnson looked really good in his match, unfortunately suffering a loss to Sammy. Also really enjoyed watching Nick Comoroto for the first time, dude looks like Ogre from Revenge of The Nerds. I'd like to see him again.

He had one. Ryzin did a running Turnbuckle Smash to Kazarian and Taz said the camerawork was Go Pro Jones.

One thing I would like to see for the local guys is to not give them win-loss records until they sign. You can mark it off as opportunities for them to prove themselves before adding official records to the chyron. That way you don't kneecap guys with losing records before you decide to bring them on full time. I understand wanting to keep the continuity but I think it hurts guys like Will Hobbs to bring them out on the main show once they've decided to use him and have 8 losses already in that column.

• Like 2

Based on Dark this week, it looks like Peter Avalon is ditching the Librarian gimmick.  He did a riff on the Christopher Walker SNL “The Continental” sketches, which is such an old reference at this point that I can’t decide if it’s genius or not.  Definitley not a reference for the younger demos, either way.

Rather than doom scrolling all morning I thought I'd check out Dark.

Brandi and Red Velvet/Leyla Hirsch and Elayna Black was a fine match, I'm a fan of Velvet and Hirsch and I think they along with KyLinn King really should be picked up officially while Black was new to me but looked good. I agree with Hirsch joining Team Taz, I looked up a few matches of hers from Beyond and Stardom to check out later. Brandi really has plateaued at 'celebrity who trained for a month for Wrestlemania' level but at least she's getting some stories going in the division, even if her team with Allie was brushed off and forgotten about. Her teaming with Red Velvet could lead to a split and a feud that can get Velvet more over as a heel and that's a good thing, they just have to do actually do it.

I dig Max Caster and Anthony Bowens, that will be a good team to watch. Hobbs and Darby versus Team Taz will be rad when it happens, I hope it gets on Full Gear or at least main events a Dynamite. Sammy and Lee had a good match too, I get why they're high on Lee. He hit a Ohtani-style missile dropkick that I popped for.

Oh yeah, forgot to say but Sammy's vlog was legit better than BTE this week. Now totally on boars with the idea that when Taz isn't managing at ringside or recording commentary, he sits in a private trailer blasting War Machine by Kiss on infinite repeat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I dig Max Caster and Anthony Bowens, that will be a good team to watch. Hobbs and Darby versus Team Taz will be rad when it happens, I hope it gets on Full Gear or at least main events a Dynamite. 

Darby's facing Cody at Full Gear

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And I find it funny that Jericho says he's not a political person after constantly donating to Trump and giving Trump's idiot son a platform to talk about his bullshit book.

Jericho's one of the few people who I just can't hate despite stuff like this.  Maybe I just love his wrestling stuff way too much that it somehow counteracts that.  But I did see that Punk mocked him on Twitter about it as well.

And Big Swole just seems like an awesome, awesome human being.  Once she gets better in-ring I hope to see her get some gold in due time.

23 hours ago, Goodear said:

One thing I would like to see for the local guys is to not give them win-loss records until they sign. You can mark it off as opportunities for them to prove themselves before adding official records to the chyron. That way you don't kneecap guys with losing records before you decide to bring them on full time. I understand wanting to keep the continuity but I think it hurts guys like Will Hobbs to bring them out on the main show once they've decided to use him and have 8 losses already in that column.

This is why they reset the records every year.

There is a career record kept, but they go by annual record for the most part.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Man, Jericho is fucking dumb, but props to Swole for owning him with class.

The only thing worse than a conspiracy theory guy is a person who acts like they're not that, and are "just asking questions."  Yes, Jericho, you big fucking goof.  Democrats are working day and night printing out fake ballots.  Fuck you.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

The only thing worse than a conspiracy theory guy is a person who acts like they're not that, and are "just asking questions."  Yes, Jericho, you big fucking goof.  Democrats are working day and night printing out fake ballots.  Fuck you.

At some point I expect to Jericho to have Eddie Bravo come on his podcast to talk about chemtrails, flat earth, planet Nibiru, mind control, etc. I'm actually shocked Jericho hasn't brought Alex Jones on. I guess he doesn't want to be too much like Rogan.

• Like 3