DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2020

Dolfan in NYC

8 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

Maybe, its almost they're giving the ppv working folks the week off to rest up for Saturday.Wait, no that's not it. It's gotta be something else...

?

Don't they only tape one Dynamite on the week of a PPV? Are you saying they couldn't work two matches in a week?

Just now, Casey said:

forget Wednesday, the election is going to dominate the entire week.

Well, thing is Dynamite is only one night a week. The only day worse than tomorrow is Wednesday.

Also: Let's not forget...that All Out go home show was headlined by Moxley vs. Mark Sterling. We also got Jericho vs. Janela.

• Like 1

Oh I know, I’m just saying I don’t expect other shows like Smackdown to get a good rating either because there will be some drama that extends into the weekend I’m sure (and probably longer than that).

And hey, don’t insult my man Silver Balls! ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Casey said:

Oh I know, I’m just saying I don’t expect other shows like Smackdown to get a good rating either because there will be some drama that extends into the weekend I’m sure (and probably longer than that).

And hey, don’t insult my man Silver Balls! ?

Smackdown should be fine because it hasn't been as adversely affected by outside factors. It might be a little dent, but should do better compared to the other wrestling shows of the week.

With that said, in regards to the Dynamite this week, I dunno how many big matches you can make if you've already set the table for the PPV. This is basically the equivalent of Free for All.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 3

So, it seems like Mookieghana is pretty much second-in-command at AEW...

BTW, the whole interview is pretty fun.

The first mention of Mookie is actually at 18:47.

Edited by Paco
  • Like 1

So Rosa is still under contract to the NWA through 2021. Either she bides her time or somebody buys her contract out. Better news is she wants to maintain her side hustles so that will pretty much rule out WWE. Maybe she continues to work AEW off and on until then but the whole title change and posturing like a free agent has been strange. There's more info at fightful, including quotes. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

I guess it flew under the radar because the rest of BTE wasn’t very good this week, but the recap of Cutler’s story and his promo after the match with Avalon was great.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Jiji said:

I know there will probably be some big angles Wednesday and I think it's commendable they aren't panicking after losing the ratings war(z) for a week, but this is not an enticing lineup of matches...

I'm sorry, I love you but they didn't lose the ratings battle though. 

2 hours ago, EVA said:

I guess it flew under the radar because the rest of BTE wasn’t very good this week, but the recap of Cutler’s story and his promo after the match with Avalon was great.

The bit where Darby threatened to shove his skateboard up Silver & Reynolds' asses was fantastic. Largely because of how the Beaver Boys sold it.

Allysin Kay would be a interesting pick up. Very solid worker with a great heel persona. Of the 22 women listed on AEW's wiki page, 4 are overseas (Shanna, Emi, Riho, Yuka), 2 are injured (Abadon, Statlander), and 2 are non-wrestlers (Kong, Rebel). Of the remaining 14, 4 are still developing (Anna Jay, Conti, Swole, Ford) while 3 probably won't progress past their current level (Brandi, Mel, Leva Bates), leaving you with Ivelisse, Diamante, Rose, Shida, Deeb, Baker, and Allie as far as wrestlers you could focus around. Since Kay works best as a heel, that leaves her Shida and Deeb. Maybe not a good spot to sign her for but a short term deal could get some nice matches in while we wait for others to return, although Kay could work with the greener women as a gate keeper too. 

• Like 2

That's some good analysis.  A point or two, though:

I think Abadon isn't long-term injured.  She apparently got hit in the throat and couldn't breathe for a bit but is now okay.  I'd put her in the "still developing" class, from what I've heard.  I'd put Ivelisse in the "not going to progress any further" group.  I also feel like Shida is still developing, as well.  She has very good matches with other good workers but can't really carry anyone who needs carrying.

• Like 3

When I saw the Gunn Club, I mistakenly assumed that was the line-up to a loaded episode of Dark. Looks like a decent line-up though. The heel vs heel tag is intriguing because we've never seen those guys clash. And Silver is picking up so much momentum that you gotta figure a TNT title shot is in his near future, so it'll be fun seeing Cody work against that combination of Dork Odor dudes. 

Tony Khan confirmed today that AEW has signed Anthony Bowens and Max Caster, so their match on Dark tonight is officially no longer a Local Talent extravaganza.  Bowens and Caster will continue to team as The Acclaimed.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

That's some good analysis.  A point or two, though:

I think Abadon isn't long-term injured.  She apparently got hit in the throat and couldn't breathe for a bit but is now okay.  I'd put her in the "still developing" class, from what I've heard.  I'd put Ivelisse in the "not going to progress any further" group.  I also feel like Shida is still developing, as well.  She has very good matches with other good workers but can't really carry anyone who needs carrying.

Good point on Ivelisse. In my mind she's capable of more but she certainly hasn't shown it yet.

Shida is still developing in some senses but she's also the champ so she has to be a viable wrestler now whether she's ready or not. Most of the wrestlers I listed should probably be under "still developing" tbh.

• Like 1