DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

RvY4lj6kQOx6cYDD6r24sVqwc3T5fIH50gbrCGq_

PWI - November 1985

This, I think, was the first wrestling magazine that I ever had. Sure wish I still had all of them that I collected from '85 through '94 or so. The mags (All of them...far beyond the Apter and Napolitano stuff) were so formative to me as a pro wrestling fan. When this came out, I would have been 8 years old and, even then, I was trying to watch every single second of wrestling that I could find on TV. And in '85, that was a lot. Even then, the magazines hipped me to so many wrestlers that, in some cases, I wouldn't be able to see for years. We didn't get Memphis of Florida or Portland in the Northeast. Certainly nothing from Mexico or Japan. Just seeing the pictures was almost enough.

At any rate, I'm feeling nostalgic and this happened to be a November cover!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

EmiHE0kWEAAW6Jv?format=jpg&name=900x900

Except from an interview with Hiroshi Tanahashi. Everybody loves Kenta Kobashi.

Found the match on YouTube!

One to watch. Kenta Kobashi and Hiroshi Tanahashi in the same match. Two legends and two of the best wrestlers to ever do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coming soon from RAF Enterprises: our new parfum - Essence of Kobashi. It will invigorate your career as well as your senses. Looking for something lighter? Try our eau de cologne  Kenta (not to be confused with our upcoming KENTA Body Spray for the youth market) - absorb it and live strong-style.

- call me nez,

RAF

43 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I've seen TAFKA Neville twice at WWE house shows. The Red Arrow is quite the sight. The way PAC can fly with the muscular frame.

Yeah. I was ringside for that MSG special in 2015, where he fought Stardust. The Red Arrow is pretty awesome up close.

I took a video of it, but it's on my old phone. I'll figure out how to upload it, if possible.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah. I was ringside for that MSG special in 2015, where he fought Stardust. The Red Arrow is pretty awesome up close.

I took a video of it, but it's on my old phone. I'll figure out how to upload it, if possible.

Cheers. I'll make a mental note to post the two photos I took of Neville's Red Arrow when I'm back on my PC.

Okay, I didn't realize this was part of a collective tribute with others  doing stuff like this.  But I will say between Zelina and Sasha doing their tributes it won't be long before somebody here gets the "Settle down..." treatment, right?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Okay, I didn't realize this was part of a collective tribute with others  doing stuff like this.  But I will say between Zelina and Sasha doing their tributes it won't be long before somebody here gets the "Settle down..." treatment, right?

https://www.wwe.com/section/30-days-of-the-deadman/gallery/wwe-superstars-become-the-undertaker-photos

• Thanks 1

Funny thing is while Shinsuke had some good ones I was amused that everybody had multiple photos while Zelina only needed one.  Like I said hers was the best.  Hardy looked like 'Taker had about 50 Red Bulls in one sitting in some of those photos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I always did like the attention to detail Zelina uses when doing cosplays.

Not gonna lie, until I read the caption I thought she was doing Darkwing Duck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5