DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The negative is that after a few weeks just like AEW, they will be very limited in what they can draw and unless they are giving tickets away, 1,000 people and that’s generous after a few weeks with two shows per week, will look empty unless they let people in free or charge almost nothing.

Puro feds say hello! You wanted into Japan Vince, well welcome to Japan! 

5 hours ago, Casey said:

All of the Rascalz got offers from WWE, but Trey Miguel is the only one that's gotten interest from AEW.

That’s wild.  I figured Xavier and Wentz would be on AEW’s short list considering their position in PWG.  Ah well.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I'm with @RIPPA. This doesn't really feel out of nowhere. Her position on the roster wasn't exactly great so the twitch ban was probably enough for her to say screw it. Wouldn't be shocked if Black isn't far behind.

Welcome back to the indies, Tommy End?  Hope so.

Firing a Latina woman in this political climate for pushing back against a dumb employment restriction that raises the very valid question of why they aren’t considered employees in the first place is basically the definition of ‘it’s a bold strategy, Cotton.’

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hagan said:

Firing a Latina woman in this political climate for pushing back against a dumb employment restriction that raises the very valid question of why they aren’t considered employees in the first place is basically the definition of ‘it’s a bold strategy, Cotton.’

If the Saudi business got them no real blow-back,  this won't.  Mainstream America doesn't really care about what goes on in the wrestling business.  They already assume the worst.

• Like 3

Just now, nofuture said:

If the Saudi business got them no real blow-back,  this won't.  Mainstream America doesn't really care about what goes on in the wrestling business.  They already assume the worst.

Most media outlets would be way more interested in unfair treatment of a telegenic minority woman who lost her father in 9/11 than wading into the murky complications of how American business is intertwined with problematic Middle East allies.

There’s a reason the NBA/China issue died. No one really wants to get into that. But gender/race issues...that’s ready made for major attention.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

They definitely own a stake in both.  WWE recently opened a UUDD merch store.

The Podcast is probably 100% WWE, as, IIRC, there’s a “This is a WWE podcast”/“This has been a WWE podcast” before and after every episode.

Mostly unrelated, but I was thinking that if Big E were to ever leave WWE for any reason, such as the loss of Cameo money, he should reclaim Langston as his name and go by Langston Huge.

...I’ll show myself out.

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wish that bringing this up to sponsors would make a difference but with the Saudi money and TV rights it won't matter. But I always loved and respected Zelina and this is yet another reason why. Really hope after the no compete she ends up somewhere great.

Also, looked who she didn't thank. Love it. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I wish that bringing this up to sponsors would make a difference but with the Saudi money and TV rights it won't matter. But I always loved and respected Zelina and this is yet another reason why. Really hope after the no compete she ends up somewhere great.

Also, looked who she didn't thank. Love it. 

I was already a fan of Zelina Vega. Even more now. Respect.

• Like 1

Probably the most coherent thing Marty Jannetty has posted in years

https://www.facebook.com/1martyjannetty/posts/10221075809699221

Friday the 13th, bad luck day!!
They said WWE released Zelina 1 hour after her posting she supported unionization..Z is a super cool, nice girl, done many signings with her..can't imagine her doing anything else wrong..but any mention of "Union" around WWE, and its, "been nice using your services, really hate that you gotta go" they did it to the Killer Bees back in my Rockers days..sux, they can just chew us up and spit us out and then its just, "next man up" to them..
I loves WWE & WWF days too, loves the entire MacMahon family(Linda is sometimes questionable,lol) but its so wrong not to take care of the ones who keep or kept your boat afloat..ESPECIALLY, as in my case where they're still making merchandise and TV sales(WWE Network) money off you..I get crumbs from royalty checks still while they have the whole loaf..a Union would make that shit stop immediately.
PS- what is Twitch & Fansonly ?? Some say it was because of those accounts they let her go..not even knowing what they are, I'm sticking with the Union post did it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hagan said:

Most media outlets would be way more interested in unfair treatment of a telegenic minority woman who lost her father in 9/11 than wading into the murky complications of how American business is intertwined with problematic Middle East allies.

Wonder how interested media outlets will be after the Onlyfans account comes out?  IMO, it's not hard to spin that as something kind of unsavory.

Apparently, a lot of her release is the Onlyfans account combined with not turning her other social media accounts (Twitch?) over to the company.  Though Meltzer did say Vince appears to be wanting to pick a fight over the unionization issue, but Dave seems unsure talent will bite.

Worth noting when I checked a week or two back Zelina's twitch channel was at about 15k subs, which on the lowest tier are $5 per month (non-renewing). Now that doesn't mean she takes home $75k/month as Twitch takes a cut and she has deals where for example if you buy 5 gift subs you can like get a signed poster, but I would be shocked if she wasn't making significantly more via this than her actual WWE job.

I found this out because I was curious what Miro's twitch numbers are like given his whole AEW deal; they are kinda bad even by wrestler standards.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Help me out here: this is like a backyard wrestling streaming PPV, but by former WWE/veteran/indy workers, with a StrangleMania sense of humor and a lower effects budget than Total Nonstop Deletion? I might be with Mr. Orton on this, but I never begrudge a carny making a payday. Who orders this?

- confused, as always,

RAF