DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

24 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Really? I would think after that Twitter war with Road Dogg that he would be on the outs at the moment with them.

yeah but he also appeared on an AEW show so I'm sure WWE has been trying to get him back ever since

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Eoae said:

Drake Wuertz vs. Bix is the heel vs. heel feud not even Vince could screw up.  There's practically no chance the audience is going to give either of those two a babyface reaction.

In the eyes of internet conspiracy people, Bix is Paul Jones going after Drake Wuertz's Jimmy Valiant. The Boogieman's street people are actually the kids he rescued from the traffickers daddy. Handsome Jimmy will bring out JFK Jr to be his tag team partner at Boogiejam 2020.

You might think QAnon Jimmy Valiant would ruin your memories of Jimmy Valiant, but the WWE Network's awful overdub of "Boy from New York City" already ruined the memories

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

yeah but he also appeared on an AEW show so I'm sure WWE has been trying to get him back ever since

Finlay was also brought back and didn't appear in any AEW show.

54 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

You might think QAnon Jimmy Valiant would ruin your memories of Jimmy Valiant

No, I've always deeply hated Jimmy Valiant, so this tracks.

The best thing about Jimmy Valiant in wrestling was when Pez Whatley whipped his ass for being a condescending racist with that "best black athlete" remark. The second best thing is any other time that someone whipped Valiant's punk ass. 

And fuck his shitty dancing. Boogie Woogie Man my ass. 

EDIT: And yes, I know that I ranted about this before, but like an old man telling stories about his youth, I will always take the chance to hate on Jimmy Valiant as a wrestler. If you'd like to wrap the human being up with that, go for it. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 4

Jimmy Valiant is seered into my brain because of his match at i think it's Starrcade 86. My wife walked in the room as it is announced "per the contractual stipulation Manny Fernandez will be suspended in a cage above the ring". She said, why would anyone agree to that? I said I assumed it made sense at the time. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Jimmy Valiant is seered into my brain because of his match at i think it's Starrcade 86. My wife walked in the room as it is announced "per the contractual stipulation Manny Fernandez will be suspended in a cage above the ring". She said, why would anyone agree to that? I said I assumed it made sense at the time. 

I'm now imagining that Manny Fernandez had no prior involvement with either Valiant or Valiant's opponent, and that stipulation was just added so he could act as, I don't know, decoration or something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Who's to say Rude wouldn't have been the first to jump *back*? 

Eventually yeah he would have. But we know how Vince holds a grudge and he probably would have still been pissed about the whole being on Nitro and RAW thing at the same time. So it would have been a while.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

No idea who that guy was at all. Was Taz starting to run away with more food at the end there? ?

Luther Reigns, my friend, Luther Reigns.

As you can see here, Roman stole his best material from his uncle. (Not really his uncle, just another big dude from the Ruthless Aggression era)

Like a lot of the guys from this era, he was a better worker than you would think, if you were judging him solely on his push. Honestly, guys like Batista, Cena, and Orton were lucky, because they could have just as easily turned out like Damaja and Dinsmore and Conway. People complain about how guys like Ricochet and Black are used once they make it to the main roster, but the WWE has been doing shit like this for 20 years.

• Like 12

Anyone here watch both Impact and RAW? Because I'm wondering how similar Alexa Bliss' current innocent/ evil gimmick is to Su Yung's Hi I'm Susie/ Undead Bride gimmick. Because I don't watch Raw, but I saw some gifs and thought it looked very similar.

I just hope everyone watched that video because even though the legend is that Reigns says I HAD PEAS BEFO', if you watch it, he clearly enunciates the word "before."

This is the wrestling version of everyone swearing that Will Smith says "Welcome to Earf" in Independence Day when he clearly enunciates the word "Earth." 

And uh, happy Thanksgiving to y'all, too. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AxB said:

Anyone here watch both Impact and RAW? Because I'm wondering how similar Alexa Bliss' current innocent/ evil gimmick is to Su Yung's Hi I'm Susie/ Undead Bride gimmick. Because I don't watch Raw, but I saw some gifs and thought it looked very similar.

Bliss isn't innocent. Its like Bray's Mr. Rogers where the undertones is totally evil despite the "niceness" of the character. So far Bliss doesn't have a Fiend/Undead Bride monster side.

Edited by Eivion
  • Thanks 1

I'm still lowkey a little mad at how they tiptoed up to the very edge of doing something outside their box with Luther Reigns and then just completely chickened out of it.

"I got my throat cut in prison and almost died, why the hell would I be afraid of The Undertaker?"

Only to, of course, have him be the 8000th person in a row to be afraid of The Undertaker.

[also for the 8000th time, why were we supposed to boo him for being a survivor of the horrible life presented in his backstory?]

• Like 2