DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

57 minutes ago, Ace said:

Amusingly, Bayley knew about it before Mox did. Renee went to text him, and texted her instead.

Would have been a great heel move, if Bayley would have then beat Renee to it and text "Your wife is pregnant, by the way! You're Welcome!" to Mox! To spoil Renee's surprise!

Edited by Shartnado
is, not if

4 hours ago, Ace said:

Amusingly, Bayley knew about it before Mox did. Renee went to text him, and texted her instead.

Renees tweet about that said she was meant to send an "update" to Mox but accidentally sent it to Bayley, so I think he already knew.

20 hours ago, matt925 said:

$30-$60. If they were doing a residency at an amphitheater here I would try to go every week. But there’s only going to be so many diehard fans out there. 

They announced a $45 pack for the three live shows in December. If they were at the Greek theater in Berkeley I would be all over that. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I’d think being in outdoor venue in winter would be dicey, even in Florida, especially at 8 PM local time.

The stadium they're moving to is a dome. So no weather issues. Just a large cavernous 40,000 seat empty dome filled will 100,000 video screens.

ETA: Oh shit this was about AEW not the Thunderdome. My bad. Your point makes a lot more sense now.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
Because I'm a dumb dumb.
  • Like 1

Hey I made a wrestling crossword last month for the Tiger Driver people, but didn't think to post it here. I believe it was @AxB who did that (thanks!).

Here is this month's.  I'm trying to keep it up at one per month going forward.  If you liked last month's, you'll probably like this one too!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Hey I made a wrestling crossword last month for the Tiger Driver people, but didn't think to post it here. I believe it was @AxB who did that (thanks!).

Here is this month's.  I'm trying to keep it up at one per month going forward.  If you liked last month's, you'll probably like this one too!

Yeah, that was me last month.

This one took me 15:27. I'm getting worse!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing, that was a very entertaining 19 minutes when I should have been working (I’m sure you guys will put that to shame EDIT @AxB already did as I wrote this lol). Diverse with some humour sprinkled in too.

Spoiler

Im pretty sure that she’d call her ‘Mum’ not Mom for that particular answer but I’ll let it slide /s Just kidding, fantastic effort!

Edited by Custos
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Didn't realize that you posted here! I do a *lot* of crosswords and think that these are really well made. I did the first puzzle in 8:55. This month was 8:19. Would have been like a minute faster, but that upper right quadrant really fucked me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shane said:

Would have been like a minute faster, but that upper right quadrant really fucked me. 

I have a couple of Twitter buddies test-solve the crosswords, and that was the problem area for them too.

To be specific, probably very few people would get 9A and 21A (even if they had several of the letters filled in), and someone who doesn't watch a lot of WWE tv probably wouldn't get 11D either.  I want the crosswords to be solvable, so I added the movie hint to 9A and the anagram helper to 11D.

Thanks for the compliments!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 12:51 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Well that's a much different era of wrestling though. Moreover, I don't think anyone in wrestling wants to go back to that.

With that said, is it that hard for people to admit no one (OR at least not that many people as you think) is (are) overly enthused to come out and support your wrestling week in and out? You should go to a studio based setup that's more intimate or you need to move venues. Either way, you need a change of scenery. Free tickets ain't it.

One other problem with doing a residency is the lack of ability to road test gimmicks and ideas. One of WWE's strengths was to figure out what was working and fine tune things before making TV via there crazy house show schedule. TNA had an issue of running in the impact zone where they had the same hundred or so fans showing up every week (for free I think) and trying to take over the show. They had no idea of what was working with anyone beyond those hundred or so fans. Both WWE/AEW have a similar issue with the reduced or non fans in attendance. A problem especially for AEW when they still seem to be trying to find their sea legs.