DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

So apparently they've gotta be out of the Amway Center by December 5th. They're considering Tropicana Field. Which is funny if they continue with the Thunderdome thing, because the Trop WAS the Thunderdome when the Lightning played there.

• Like 1

Whenever an indie wrestler or group gets signed by WWE, one of us jumps in to say, "Oh good, now they'll be annoying on a show I don't watch." I will be that guy for the Rascalz, who I consider one of the most boring tag teams going today and my least favorite act on Impact. I think they'd be perfect for NXT though and would benefit a lot from learning in that system.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

So apparently they've gotta be out of the Amway Center by December 5th. They're considering Tropicana Field. Which is funny if they continue with the Thunderdome thing, because the Trop WAS the Thunderdome when the Lightning played there.

This is what Dave wrote in the WON

WWE has been told it has to move out of the Amway Center by 12/5 because they have to get it ready for its regular sports teams, notably the Orlando Magic. There are plenty of places they can go around the country as almost every arena that doesn’t have an NHL or NBA team is looking for a regular client now. A surprising building name has come up this week in talks within the company as far as a venue goes, which is Tropicana Field in St Petersburg. The positive is it’s Florida so the feeling is even with the Biden administration going to be in charge, Florida they believe is safe. It’s a 42,756 seat indoor baseball stadium. If they do bring in fans, they can put a ton of fans in there and keep them socially distant easily. The negative is that after a few weeks just like AEW, they will be very limited in what they can draw and unless they are giving tickets away, 1,000 people and that’s generous after a few weeks with two shows per week, will look empty unless they let people in free or charge almost nothing. And even then it’ll get hard to have a crowd twice a week. Jon Alba, an area reporter who covers wrestling said going to a bigger building does give them flexibility as far as running bigger events but it’s a downgrade in quality of the facility and noted the power has gone out in that stadium multiple times during Devil Rays baseball games. WWE could use the place until the next baseball season starts. We’ve heard if they do use the place and it was the frontrunner as of a few days ago, it would be until baseball season starts. It’s a good location because so much of the talent lives in the area and they won’t have to move all the equipment across the country. And if they do want to do the Rumble with fans they would have the ability to do a real crowd and the Rumble is a big enough event that it should draw well

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

WWE could do NXT Starrcade now that the Raw and Smackdown domestic American house shows are done away with.

Gotta counterprogram against AEW's Omega/Moxley title match on 12/2!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So Zelina Vega tweets about how she supports the idea of wrestlers unionizing.    About an hour later she is released

Chicken or the egg man.  Either way it is bullshit 

Not even. Zelina's tweet was ten minutes ahead of WWE's announcement. 

But as you said, chicken or egg.

Edited by Andy in Kansas

I can see several others following her lead. Paige, Andrade are two that come to mind.

How the fuck is Velveteen Dream still employed anyway. 

What’s Xavier Woods’s legal situation with all his stuff? Dude is more or less the face of “wrestlers who Twitch”. I suspect WWE already owns (?) the UUDD/related IP?

Edited by For Great Justice

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am totally guessing but I have a feeling she was REALLY unhappy about the Twitch ban and asked for her release.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am totally guessing but I have a feeling she was REALLY unhappy about the Twitch ban and asked for her release.

It was between this and the onlyfans.  She was pissed and Vince wouldn't budge.  Hope a few others follow her lead.  Screw Vince. There are much better options 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So Zelina Vega tweets about how she supports the idea of wrestlers unionizing.    About an hour later she is released

Chicken or the egg man.  Either way it is bullshit 

Most likely, she was in a meeting and discussing the Twitch ban (and possibly her OnlyFans cosplay page as well) and the discussion ended with them agreeing to release her. Then she grabs her phone and tweets about supporting unionisation immediately, and WWE's statement comes out ten minutes later because it has to go through the PR and Legal departments before it can be cleared for publishing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, just drew said:

It’s gonna be wild to see Thea Trinidad and Saraya giving depositions before Andrew Yang’s committee next year....

If that happens (and it's a big if) - there are plenty of other people out there, too. Good Brothers and FTR immediately come to mind.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

If that happens (and it's a big if) - there are plenty of other people out there, too. Good Brothers and FTR immediately come to mind.

Can just see Cardona and Myers showing the congressmen and women where Vince hurt them using action figures....

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Yeah - wrestling fans pinning their hopes on Andrew Yang are just setting themselves up for disappointment

At this moment in time he really just is the guy who shows up at the party and hopes no one realizes he isn't invited

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - wrestling fans pinning their hopes on Andrew Yang are just setting themselves up for disappointment

At this moment in time he really just is the guy who shows up at the party and hopes no one realizes he isn't invited

Killjoy lol

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah, there are way more important things going on in this country than if wrestlers are independent contractors or not.  I doubt Biden is going to care for that being his top priority if he was put in any important position.

12 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah but for every 20 Zelina Vega there is 1 Seth Rollins or AJ Styles that wipes out all their opinions