DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'm hoping for the former as well. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley have the best chemistry than any other women's pairing. Love for them to headline WrestleMania XXXVII. Golden Role Models were one of the few WWE bright spots this year.

Air them both at the same time in two windows with two audio streams and let the fans choose!

You know, after how incredibly badly they botched setting up Bayley/Sasha (managed to win worst feud of the year despite never actually becoming a feud!) they did a good job resetting everything and doing it well this time.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

You know, after how incredibly badly they botched setting up Bayley/Sasha (managed to win worst feud of the year despite never actually becoming a feud!) they did a good job resetting everything and doing it well this time.

And undeniably have been two of the few genuine draws in wrestling today. I don’t watch much WWE with AEW and NJPW so accessible but always check out the best stuff from both of them. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since they tore the house down in the Iron Man match at NXT, back when NXT women kicking arse in front of a huge crowd was still a novelty (this one was still at Full Sail).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Custos said:

And undeniably have been two of the few genuine draws in wrestling today. I don’t watch much WWE with AEW and NJPW so accessible but always check out the best stuff from both of them. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since they tore the house down in the Iron Man match at NXT, back when NXT women kicking arse in front of a huge crowd was still a novelty (this one was still at Full Sail).

I love that Iron Man match between Sasha Banks and Bayley at NXT TakeOver: Respect 2015. I'm in the minority preferring that to the more famous NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 2015 match. Both ***** bouts.

• Like 1

Seems like WWE may not go back to house shows EVER as the merch sales didn't dip when they stopped and it saves them a ton of money to cut the relevant employees and departments. Not working that grinding schedule would be a boon for the wrestlers although they'll have less chances to work and get experience in front of crowds.

I'm surprised Zayne has been around as long as he has without getting a look. He's bigger than the average indy guy and does some really amazing stuff. The Rascalz are also excellent talents.  If they get a deal I hope it's for all three of them.

Edited by HumanChessgame

7 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Dave is reporting that Alex Zayne has signed with WWE. 

Zachary Wentz and Trey Miguel of The Rascalz are expected to follow him with deals there. 

Why only two thirds of the Rascalz? Where is Dezmond Xavier going?

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

Akiyama finally making the WON HOF was long overdue. 

I think it may be a shade too early for Omega but clearly this next year will be his big run. 

Realistically you may be right.  But as a huge fan of Omega I'm thrilled to death that he's in and feel his New Japan work alone is worth it.

Now next year Okada will be on the ballot and I strongly feel he'll be in right away.  Actually, reading the newsletter Dave said it'll be a travesty if that doesn't happen and he expects a record number.  So that will be honestly pretty cool to see how that plays out.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Realistically you may be right.  But as a huge fan of Omega I'm thrilled to death that he's in and feel his New Japan work alone is worth it.

Now next year Okada will be on the ballot and I strongly feel he'll be in right away.  Actually, reading the newsletter Dave said it'll be a travesty if that doesn't happen and he expects a record number.  So that will be honestly pretty cool to see how that plays out.

Oh, anyone voting against Okada is gonna look as foolish as baseball HOF voters who voted against Willie Mays or Cal Ripken on the first ballot. He's as close to a 100 percent vote as anyone maybe ever on the ballot. 

*Yankee great Mo Rivera is the only 100% HOF voter, which shows that baseball HOF voters may be more out to lunch than some wrestling experts

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

Akiyama finally making the WON HOF was long overdue. 

I think it may be a shade too early for Omega but clearly this next year will be his big run. 

Glad Jun Akiyama's made the WON HOF. Speaking of long overdue, did Akira Taue finally get in?

49 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

33 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Oh, anyone voting against Okada is gonna look as foolish as baseball HOF voters who voted against Willie Mays or Cal Ripken on the first ballot. He's as close to a 100 percent vote as anyone maybe ever on the ballot. 

*Yankee great Mo Rivera is the only 100% HOF voter, which shows that baseball HOF voters may be more out to lunch than some wrestling experts

Past few years I've been waiting for the first year Kazuchika Okada is eligible for the WON HOF. The Rainmaker is a first ballot HOF inductee. The WON HOF highest percentage entrant was Kenta Kobashi with 98%. Okada will come close to it but still expect Kobashi to keep it.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1