DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Bloodline - 10/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Show was very paint by numbers but this main event feud has been a hit with me. I think they’ve knocked it out of the park and the setting has actually helped and not hindered the execution. I just hope they skip the “Jimmy feuds with Jey to snap some sense into him” phase (no one wants to see that) and just goes all in on them as a dominant trios.

Probably the two feuds of the year happening at the same time with this one and Mox/Kingston. Now, unless you get Rock to do something, do the right/obvious thing of a Big E Rumble win, New Day back together trios shit leading up to a WM Reigns/E match. It’s right there.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago, I would have agreed with Reigns/Big E at WM. It can still be done along the way, but for me, the best ending for this story is for a broken Jey going on a redemption arc and finally finding the key to beating Roman. They've already set the table of him not giving up to Roman in matches for his own good. He beat Styles and Bryan clean within a few weeks of each other. They've moved him up to main-event singles stars seamlessly.

With family being the overall arc in the story, it seems fitting that Jey gets to lay claim to taking down Roman and bringing Roman back from the edge. 

• Like 2

Bianca vs. Nattie vs. Billie was pretty solid and maybe Kay's best performance in WWE so far. Billie might be alright on her own if she brings out what she brought here more often.

The Sasha/Bayley segment was solid though I wish they had avoided building another match between the two.

Thought the stuff with Roman and Jey was good once again. Dug how both the opening and ending segments saw Jey break down in different ways. That satisfied smile from Roman at the end was wonderful. Hopefully the end is settign us up for Roman vs. Bryan post-SS. I'm with @For Great Justice on just wanting them to build to Bloodline vs. New Day next year during Wrestlemania season. A Jey redemption story could be good down the line, but I still find him a bit too lacking as singles to really want to see him on his own.

Nothing else on the show really stood out much to me as I'm not big on SS brand vs brand stuff. Nothing even bad, just not interesting enough to really keep in mind beyond the stuff I mentioned before.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I wondered why Kevin Owens wrestles in jeans.

If you've ever seen heavy Kevin Steen wrestle in his singlet, it just doesn't work. He's one of the only wrestlers I've ever seen that wrestling in a t-shirt actually works.

This looked fine though. Probably the design and lack of being 11 months pregnant.

9a4ea1e691bd93608c7e644f621364de07e18ffe.jpg

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

I mean, is he wrong? There are no DQ's in triple threat matches. What is the ref gonna do?

Wave his finger at them and look upset like Red Shoes in New Japan.

• Haha 4

Not sure how I feel about Jey joining Roman already.  It makes sense as a story beat, but it felt like it happened too quick with no build.  I mean, the opening segment was good, and Jey seemed appropriately conflicted, but the closing angle just seemed too easy.  I expected Jey to become Roman's stooge in some way, shape, or form, but I thought he'd play a reluctant heel.  Honestly, I'm wondering if the eventual payoff is that Jey is just gaslighting Roman and waiting to pick his spot?  Dunno.

Rest of the show was ok.  I was sort of hoping Ziggler would beat Owens.  Yeah, I didn't expect to be saying that either.  I liked Owens' heel run a lot, but his babyface run hasn't done it for me and I can't remember the last time I was interested in one of his matches.  

The Seth-Murphy-Mysterio stuff continues to drag the show down.  Is anyone coming out of this better off?  Murphy, I guess since it's keeping him on tv regularly.  I like Seth more than most people, but the Monday Night Messiah character hasn't worked for me and I feel like ti's probably killed his momentum as a face or heel.  Not really digging Rey in this either.  The father-daughter drama is kind of making him seem like a controlling jerk dad.

Less said about Dominck the better.  He's ok-ish for his experience level in the ring, and he does some stuff that's impressive for someone his size.  The high-speed dive under the bottom rope into a sunset flip powerbomb he did on Murphy a month or two back looked like it wrecked them both.  But he's not ready for the spot he's in and probably wouldn't be on tv at all if he wasn't Rey's son.

This week's show has me wondering if Aalyah and Murphy are going to join back up with Seth after Rey and Dom refuse to accept the relationship.  Hope not.   

If they are so hell bent on pushing Dominick, they should've kept him on Raw and kept him teamed with Humberto Carillo. This whole angle make Rey and Dominick seem like geeks. So much cringe all around...it's too bad the draft didn't put an end to it.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 9:48 PM, Infinit said:

If they are so hell bent on pushing Dominick, they should've kept him on Raw and kept him teamed with Humberto Carillo. This whole angle make Rey and Dominick seem like geeks. So much cringe all around...it's too bad the draft didn't put an end to it.

This feud's sucked from the start. Hoped the draft to separate shows would end it.

Hope this leads to Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan. Wanted to see them go at it again since their FastLane 2015 match. Bryan had to retire, Bryan was cleared to compete again, both on different brands and Reigns' Leukaemia returned. Know @Eivion's wanted them back it, ditto for Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles.

Edited by The Natural