DVDVR Message Board

HALLOWEEN HAVOC XIII - 10/28/2020

Dolfan in NYC

This was a fun show.  I'm a sucker for anything HALLOWEEN and obviously I was into bringing the name back and I thought they delivered. I felt the set delivered and the matches were all fun to very good.  I don't know I liked both shows last night but I guess I slightly preferred Halloween Havoc. 

One of the most entertaining Takeover they've done.

Gargano the Halloween Grinche was superbly done (and thank you for getting rid of that dumb pumpkin). And nice lighting... 5CHTuoG.jpg

Whoever handled the cinemtography and editing in the Haunted House of Terror needs a raise. Grimes hamming it up by 200% really helped sell everything. Seriously needs to be an annual match now.

MOTN was Ripley/Gonzalez. First time I've seen Ripley being manhandled convincingly (her match with Charlotte was simply a stiff fest). Gonzalez is way too good, she's my fav wrestler right now.

Shirai/LeRae... again, the gals are excelling in garbage/TLC match.

Shotzi was born to be a horrorfest host.

• Like 1

This was a very good show! Watched it yesterday, finally.

Thought may be somewhat out of order in regards to when they happened on the show, but here we go!

One more reason to like Damien Priest! He was wearing Mechanix gloves during the match, just like me from spring to fall when I bike to and from work. Guy's got style! ( not GOOD style, mind you...) the match was wild, and finally there was an actual chance for the married couple to become double champions, since at least the other one was successful! So, Bronson Reed is next in line? I'm in!

I liked Escobar vs Atlas fine. It seems like the loaded mask will now be a thing that happens, probably until it backfires.

The House of Horrors was basically just a long, crazy, skit, kinda like the cinematic matches tend to be. How could anyone not consider Grimes as the hero of that particular story?

Both women's matches were badass. Rhea is in a weird gatekeeper position right now, as she beats all the big tough challengers, but unable to regain the title. Io is slowly reaching the Asuka in NXT level of dominant. She still has plenty of challengers to go through, before that actually happens, however. I agree that the masked person was supposed to be Hartwell, as well!

What's up with Pat "The Douche" McAfee only paying off people from Britain? Wait, Lorcan's really from Boston, so that doesn't actually work. But the real news, originally broken by RNN, is that Pete Dunne is jacked AF! AxB said the weight loss makes him look not like a pro wrestler anymore, but I'll wait until I'll see him in an NXT ring in full wrestling gear to make a judgment on that one. The tag match on NXT UK didn't make me think less of him, at least.

There will be a KOR vs Dunne match in the near future, and the one they had before was really good, so I'm looking forward to it, a lot! Pat did a good job explaining things and even pointing out that he actually DID pick Ridge Holland partially because they look alike, just like I pointed out like months ago!

Shotzi did a way better job overall in this show than the closer of last weeks show, so that was cool! Her choices of wardrobe/ costumes were very theme-appropriate, too!

I have to admit, however, about a second after I realized Dunne was back in the US, my immediate thought was, does this mean that PAC can now return to AEW? So much so, that I didn't see the turn/double cross coming, at all! I'm not sure if that is good or bad?

The Maverick - Dain skit was funny, at least to me. I'm so glad they are actually using him now! I hope their team gets over like Rhyno& Heath Slater did, although that is super hard without actual crowds, but here's to hoping!

There may have been other stuff happening on the show as well, and it was all good and entertaining. Ciampa promo, Moon promo etc! Did I hear wrong, or did Beth slip up and accidentally (almost) call Moon "Poon", before quickly correcting herself? That would have been unfortunate, if I wasn't just hearing things.

Good stuff, I want to see where the "Pat Pack" goes from here? I mean the feud with UE, obviously, but I want to see it unfold!