DVDVR Message Board

AEW Full Gear II - 11/7/2020

Dolfan in NYC

What a card. Looking forward to AEW Full Gear II particularly Jon Moxley vs. Eddie Kingston, those two will bring the violence and intensity. Expect it to be more brutal than Mox's Lights Out match vs. Kenny Omega. I want Kingston to become the new AEW World Champion. I hope the PPV is better paced than All Out II, was too long. Also, how badly AEW fucked up with the Matt Hardy situation. Hardy getting KO'd, the match getting waved off by and restarted. I very nearly turned the show off because of that.

Edited by The Natural

As is tradition we're having people over and not only are there more coming (might as well before lockdown happens again) but they're all very excited for the show.  And the card itself is pretty great with some very great possibilities for most of the matches.

As for predictions I normally don't do them but I can see just one match having a title change.  I'm leaning towards it being the Bucks winning as this is just the start of the feud.  And while the build has been cold I can see Bucks getting their mojo back and the rematch/build can be bonkers.  The TNT title match is a toss-up but I know that I'm firmly in the "give Eddie the damn title!" camp.  But while I don't expect that to happen if he did win I would just be over-the-moon thrilled.

• Like 1

I was under the impression Moxley vs Kingston match was just to give Moxley an opponent and something to do before his big match with Omega...but this is much more than just another notch on Moxley’s Championship reign. The delivery, buildup, has been magnificent. Moxley will win but the feud has created another interesting slice to both men...especially Kingston.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Infinit said:

Given Matt's injury, wouldn't the better play have been having this a straight up match tag match that puts Matt out for rehab/surgery and save the big stip for the eventual rematch when everyone's healthy?

Yes.

The PPV start time is the same as Dynamite's regular start time, 0100 hrs.

I don't think the pre-show is four hours long. This isn't WWE.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jiji said:

With time change, the pre show with two good matches on paper starts at 4 eastern and 9 GMT. 

I believe there's only one match announced for the Buy-In, yeah? Allysin Kay versus Serena Deeb. Silver/OC got moved to the main card.

Oh it did? Cool.

I wonder why wasn't Gaming Broz vs Best Friends booked. I am cool with not cramming everybody onto ppv cards but that had some legitimate build and Best Friends have been putting in good work. 

It's strange that the match I'm most nervous about in terms of quality is Bucks/FTR. 

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Oh it did? Cool.

I wonder why wasn't Gaming Broz vs Best Friends booked. I am cool with not cramming everybody onto ppv cards but that had some legitimate build and Best Friends have been putting in good work. 

It's strange that the match I'm most nervous about in terms of quality is Bucks/FTR. 

Because they'll probably run Chucky vs Kip first and then eventually do the tag match.

Full Gear Hype-o-Meter:

TIER 1

Mox/Kingston

Hangman/Omega

TIER 2

Cody/Darby

Jericho/MJF

Silver/OC

TIER 3

Tag titles

Hardy/Sammy

Shida/Rose

I am stoked overall, especially for those top two, but man do I not give shits about that tag match. FTR are dangerously close to Lance Storm “technically good but I just don’t care” territory for me right now.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 2

What a convoluted, circuitous and meandering build to the big pay-off. But enough about the US election counting process (yes 3 nights watching tallies tick up on foreign news updates at unsociable hours will do a number on your sense of humour). 
Seriously though, they’ve been hyping the FTR clash for literally years between BTE etc. Then when we finally get there, with all super kicking announcers and other shenanigans it just feels a bit of a jumble story-wise. Similarly with Kenny and Page it’s been long but not necessarily good.

I’m intrigued how both will play out for how everything will develop from there (hopefully Heel Cleaner and Cowboy Shit Face running wild), but in terms of match anticipation, I’m more excited for Mox/Kingston and Cody/Allin which were by comparison just slapped together, and Silver/OC given the tear that Silver’s been on.

Certainly ready to plonk down my Fite PPV money for this. Crossing my fingers for a PAC angle on the night, missed that geordie bastard and the Dynamite package was phenomenal.

• Like 1

As Kris Zellner mentioned on Twitter, there is a good possibility that the end of the  Florida vs Georgia and beginning AEW PPV could happen at the same time. At least the pre-show assuming there is one.    Granted they are much different parts of the stadium.   I am going to assume that particular section of the stadium will be closed off 

Edited by hammerva

Man, I feel like bringing her in without any sign of contrition or desire to change (I don't follow any of her shit but I've heard nothing other than that awful denial not too long ago) is an awful move. 

Who do you think wins the fight to get the opening match on the show? I feel like Cody or Omega would be pushing for it hard. 

• Like 1

If Kenny asks (not that I think he would), the answer should be a firm no. We've been waiting for this one since they started teaming. It has potential to be the defining match of both men's year and set us on a path forward in the main event scene. This isn't WWE. Keep the main events for later in the evening.

If I had my way, they'd open with Jericho-MJF just to get it out of the way. One of the big four probably does go earlier in the show, and I expect Cody's the most appropriate candidate since we've already seen the match three times for free and it's for the TV title. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 1

This show is shaping up to have a few career defining matches. Omega/Page for sure. The recent build was unfortunately lacking but FTR and the Bucks have been thinking about their match for a long time and I expect them to have something great in mind. The world title match has to be biggest moment of Kingston's career. The other matches all have the possibility of being career highlights too, it should be a great night so long as everyone is being safe.

• Like 1

who in the blue hell is "Eddie Hangman Page"  Am I the first to catch this??    Also, yes this ppv will be off the charts.  I am going to shock a few people here but I am surprised Brit  Baker isn't in the women's championship match. If there ever were a time to pull the trigger on her it would be now.  Also would have liked Wardlow-Luchasaurus on the buy in.  We need more Wardlow singles matches. 

Predicting new tag champs, and new TNT champ tonight